Reptile House ep cover

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

very nice, many discussions were held over the years. can you point out once more the enlarged part right in the cover was taken from?

my pictures i once posted in a similar thread, featuring familiar faces

love is just a shot away
robertzombie
Overbomber

What / where are they?
susky
Road Kill

jost 7 wrote:very nice, many discussions were held over the years. can you point out once more the enlarged part right in the cover was taken from?
Hi. Are you asking about the murky and (seemingly) featureless piece on the far right? This piece here?

I have absolutely no idea what that is. I was more interested in the faces and specific rock surface textures within the original National Geographic Bayon Khmer temple photo which appear to have been used for the left and center portions of the coverart. I have no idea where that blurry piece on the far right came from. I just copied that piece straight from an online image of the Reptile House e.p. sleeve, changed it to gray in MS Paint, and pasted it in there against the actual cropped sections from the original National Geographic picture for good measure.

Also, I did find a copy of the original National Geographic mag online. It's on it's way in the mail now. Once I receive, I'll be checking it out for further clues!

Your Bayon pictures (above) are exquisite. Have you traveled there? Must be incredible to behold in person!
susky
Road Kill

robertzombie wrote:What / where are they?
The images are taken from a 12th century Khmer temple in Cambodia called "The Bayon". Wikipedia article has some good info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayon
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

susky wrote:
jost 7 wrote:very nice, many discussions were held over the years. can you point out once more the enlarged part right in the cover was taken from?
Hi. Are you asking about the murky and (seemingly) featureless piece on the far right? This piece here?

I have absolutely no idea what that is. I was more interested in the faces and specific rock surface textures within the original National Geographic Bayon Khmer temple photo which appear to have been used for the left and center portions of the coverart. I have no idea where that blurry piece on the far right came from. I just copied that piece straight from an online image of the Reptile House e.p. sleeve, changed it to gray in MS Paint, and pasted it in there against the actual cropped sections from the original National Geographic picture for good measure.

Also, I did find a copy of the original National Geographic mag online. It's on it's way in the mail now. Once I receive, I'll be checking it out for further clues!

Your Bayon pictures (above) are exquisite. Have you traveled there? Must be incredible to behold in person!

thx for clearing that, i thought this was also taken from the source already.

i have been travelling there, it's a fantastic place to go, an incredible amount of temple-areas spread over the angkor region, really impressive
love is just a shot away
mh
Above the Chemist

jost 7 wrote:i have been travelling there, it's a fantastic place to go, an incredible amount of temple-areas spread over the angkor region, really impressive
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

And you can say that you've had a "Holiday in Cambodia". ;)
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Bertran De Born
Amphetamine Filth

Amazing job Susky!!! Bravo