April 14th - Paris

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
christophe
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:But now we'll have to see everyone gets into the same hotel, then we can do some Fawlty Towers again :innocent:
:notworthy: :notworthy:

fantastic :)
hallucienate
Overbomber

so, which hotel is everyone staying at?
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

hallucienate wrote:so, which hotel is everyone staying at?
Err, I'm still looking around a bit, but there's an Ibis (29/person/night) real close to the venue as there is a Mercure (40/person/night) and obviously the Etap.

So I guess there must be more, privately owned hotels near, and I'll be checking their prices out one of these days :wink:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

As promised here is the half page advertisment in the most famous french weekly rock mag called "Les inrockuptibles":

doctoravalanche

I can help you to find hotels if you want, as I am in Paris ...
Last edited by doctoravalanche on 01 Feb 2006, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.
TheBoyNextDoor

Nice ad! :notworthy:

I wonder if there will be same sort of advertisment in other countries.
tristren
Amphetamine Filth

That is the image appearing on a few of the venue websites, so I guess it is the one they sent out.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

TheBoyNextDoor wrote:Nice ad! :notworthy:
Agreed. Cheers Mr Avalanche. Nice avatar too. 8) :twisted:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
doctoravalanche

Planet Dave wrote:
TheBoyNextDoor wrote:Nice ad! :notworthy:
Agreed. Cheers Mr Avalanche. Nice avatar too. 8) :twisted:
Thanks Man !!!!
Ooh ha Best ;)
hallucienate
Overbomber

Can anyone give me advise on trains leaving Paris?

I'd want to be on a 10:00am train to Saint-Malo from Paris Mont 1 Et 2. Would this be asking too much if I stayed in an hotel near the concert venue?
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

hallucienate wrote:Can anyone give me advise on trains leaving Paris?

I'd want to be on a 10:00am train to Saint-Malo from Paris Mont 1 Et 2. Would this be asking too much if I stayed in an hotel near the concert venue?
Paris has quite good subways. But then there are many hotels near the Gare du Nord (I presume that's where you'd be leaving from?) as well, so I guess it'll be up to you mainly. But others might know better :D

(a 'mont' is a platform by the way IIRC)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
doctoravalanche

hallucienate wrote:Can anyone give me advise on trains leaving Paris?

Do you need to take a train the day after the cocnert to go to Saint Malo, please explain and i think I can help you ...
hallucienate
Overbomber

doctoravalanche wrote:Do you need to take a train the day after the cocnert to go to Saint Malo, please explain and i think I can help you ...
Yes, A train to Saint Malo the following day, morning would be best. My brother stays on the Isle of Jersey so I need to catch a ferry from Saint Malo.
doctoravalanche

hallucienate wrote:
doctoravalanche wrote:Do you need to take a train the day after the cocnert to go to Saint Malo, please explain and i think I can help you ...
Yes, A train to Saint Malo the following day, morning would be best. My brother stays on the Isle of Jersey so I need to catch a ferry from Saint Malo.
There is a train from PARIS MONTPARNASSE at 10h05 (TGV 8085) arriving SAINT MALO at 13h02, price is 74 euros.
You have some earlier but there is a change in Rennes and the price is 69,60 euros.
doc P

Johnny M wrote:Working on the assumption that this is The End, tickets have been secured by myself and Ms Docre. So we will be joining you funny foreign type people. 8)

Oh, hang on ...she is a funny foreign type person ... :lol: :innocent:

:wink:
and guess what mrs.!!!doc and mr doc p shall appear there out of nowhere :-)
just booked flights and hotel - mercure porte de pantin - staying from fri-mon :wink: :von: :notworthy:
Es ist grausam.
Dafür hat es aufgehört zu regnen.
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

doc P wrote:
Johnny M wrote:Working on the assumption that this is The End, tickets have been secured by myself and Ms Docre. So we will be joining you funny foreign type people. 8)

Oh, hang on ...she is a funny foreign type person ... :lol: :innocent:

:wink:
and guess what mrs.!!!doc and mr doc p shall appear there out of nowhere :-)
just booked flights and hotel - mercure porte de pantin - staying from fri-mon :wink: :von: :notworthy:
I know! I know! :D

:kiss: :kiss: </one each :wink:
hallucienate
Overbomber

doctoravalanche wrote:
hallucienate wrote:
There is a train from PARIS MONTPARNASSE at 10h05 (TGV 8085) arriving SAINT MALO at 13h02, price is 74 euros.
You have some earlier but there is a change in Rennes and the price is 69,60 euros.
Thanks, that is the one I'm hoping to catch. How far is PARIS MONTPARNASSE from Le Zenith? Is it difficult to get from one to the other?
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

The Belgian Boys (me, radiojamaica and christophe) will be staying at Hôtel de Paris

Not too expensive, not owned by some group apparently (which always adds to the atmosphere) and right across the venue :D

Thanks doctoravalanche :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Obviousman wrote:The Belgian Boys (me, radiojamaica and christophe) will be staying at Hôtel de Paris

Not too expensive, not owned by some group apparently (which always adds to the atmosphere) and right across the venue :D

I'll keep it in mind Z! :wink:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Don't wait too long Pat, more people will want to spend their Easter holidays in Paris :wink:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:The Belgian Boys (me, radiojamaica and christophe) will be staying at Hôtel de Paris

:notworthy: :notworthy: good one, Z. :notworthy: :notworthy:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Obviousman wrote:Don't wait too long Pat, more people will want to spend their Easter holidays in Paris :wink:
I visited the site. A shame that my French is so bad. I'll discuss it with my mate. Otherwise I'll drive back or sleep in the car or stay in a bar that never closes or sneek into your room. :innocent:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Ozpat wrote:
Obviousman wrote:Don't wait too long Pat, more people will want to spend their Easter holidays in Paris :wink:
I visited the site. A shame that my French is so bad. I'll discuss it with my mate. Otherwise I'll drive back or sleep in the car or stay in a bar that never closes or sneek into your room. :innocent:
If you click the flag, it becomes a (dodgy) English site ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
doctoravalanche

hallucienate wrote:Thanks, that is the one I'm hoping to catch. How far is PARIS MONTPARNASSE from Le Zenith? Is it difficult to get from one to the other?
You have around 20 metro stops with one change in Gare de l'Est or Gare du Nord, I would say 40 minutes.
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Obviousman wrote: If you click the flag, it becomes a (dodgy) English site ;D
It does indeed but my dodgy English still enabled me to make a reservation for myself and our man from Cape Town. :D

So we'll see you Belgian Boys there. 8)