Bump And Grind vs. Crash And Burn

Unknown songs and demos, who wrote what, who sang what, the usual biographies, discography gubbins, photos of Eldritch with no sunglasses, etc, etc, etc, yadda, yadda, yadda....
DGP00666
Amphetamine Filth

Is it just me or there are some similarities between the bonecrusher Crash And Burn and Bump And Grind from The God Squad Project? Everyday I'm more concerned in whatever happened to The Leeds Underground and Paris Riots thing. Not so far ago I even saw the ad in the Photo Gallery. Please post all your information on this here. You would make this individual very happy.

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/gallery/de ... ge_id=1138
Last edited by DGP00666 on 24 Mar 2006, 04:24, edited 2 times in total.
You are very very bad people and you must be punished
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

But isn't B&G just a remix of another song :?: At least that's what I always thought...
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
DGP00666
Amphetamine Filth

I dunno. I may sound illiterate, but last night I was listening to that "remix" and I found some parallel moments to Crash And Burn. If I'm not wrong it was our very Von who remixed that, wasn't he?
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Don't have a clue, would like to find out too :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
DGP00666
Amphetamine Filth

I just read the Sisters Wiki and I got even more confused. Who the cojones is Baby Ford?
DGP00666
Amphetamine Filth

Could this be the man who pulls the strings?

http://music.hyperreal.org/bford/baby_ford/

Last edited by DGP00666 on 24 Mar 2006, 04:23, edited 1 time in total.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

baby ford was an early pioneer of acid house IIRC.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Eldritch didn't do The God Squad mixes, AFAIK. Bump And Grind is a song completely unrelated to the Sisters.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Obviousman wrote:But isn't B&G just a remix of another song :?: At least that's what I always thought...
either floorshow or phantom, i forget which
Goths have feelings too
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

paint it black wrote:
Obviousman wrote:But isn't B&G just a remix of another song :?: At least that's what I always thought...
either floorshow or phantom, i forget which
Could be a mixture of the two, as the other tracks are (well as I stored them) Floorshow and Phantom.

Thanks though :)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

http://www.discogs.com/release/160290
Label: Junk Rock Records
Catalog#: JUNKI 006
Format: 12"
Released: 1993
Genre: Electronic
Style: House
Credits: Producer - Alistair Cooke , Dave Beer

Floored samples Floorshow by The Sisters Of Mercy.
Beans samples Phantom by The Sisters Of Mercy.
Keep The Faith samples Bump and Grind by Baby Ford

Tracklisting:
A1 Keep The Faith
A2 Beans
B1 Floored
the god squad are 2 old names on the dance music scene - alistair cooke and dave beer. they started the super-club "back to basics".

not sure about alistair's connection to the sisters other than his friendship and business partnership with dave, but dave was from leeds and used to be mates with eldritch and the band back on the headingly bedsit days...

and yes, EMWK is correct about who baby ford is. iirc, his biggest hit was a psychadelic/ravey version of t-rex's "children of the revolution"

http://www.discogs.com/release/48710

he also had a "club" hit with "oochy hoochy ". i dont really remember his "bump and grind" track though :|

eeeeh, its not like it was in '88 is it? :lol:

also, i found this: clicky
3/11/91 The first ever Back to Basics is held at The Music Factory. Leeds. Originally intended by partners Dave Beer and Alistair Cooke to be a small club where their mates could go and let their hair down as a kickback to the jaded acid house scene, it rapidly became a hugely popular night with massive amounts of people wanting to come in having heard its reputation as the best (and wildest) night out for miles around. Due to its success it moved from one to two to three floors.

1992 Proving that acid house really did bring people together, Dave and Vicki meet and have been inseparable ever since.

1992 BacktoBasics wins the inaugural Mixmag DMC club of the year Award.

12/03/93 In a terrible blow to the club, a car accident tragically kills Ali and Ralph Lawson's girlfriend Jocelyn. Dave is injured also. The dance world rallies round to support Dave & Back to Basics at this time.

Back to Basics is house music how it should be, there is nothing more we can say. Go there.

http://www.backtobasics.co.uk
Ali = alistair? :eek: :|
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

Quiff Boy wrote:and yes, EMWK is correct about who baby ford is. iirc, his biggest hit was a psychadelic/ravey version of t-rex's "children of the revolution"
beg to differ Boss, his bigger hit was Oochy Koochy, I was rather partial to that tune :innocent:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
DGP00666
Amphetamine Filth

Thanks everyone for the information. Now I have this a little bit clearer. But for some strange reason - Absinthe, probably - that track still sounds like Crash And Burn... weird.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Just been reading up on this. Apparently the "Bump And Grind" sample isn't from a song called "Bump And Grind" (which doesn't appear in the Baby Ford discography), but a review says that that sound appears in his version of "Children Of The Revolution".

Still sounding good. :von: