San Diego

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
peartree_productions
Road Kill

Buelbringer wrote:Good point, what happend there? Did they skip Vegas? ...and I see nothing about San Diego. Please send some news to Europe. :oops:

Just a quick line about San Diego as getting ready to head to the Anaheim gig tonight...

I REALLY enjoyed this... and it seems Andy did too, especially during This corrosion when things really took off. By the end of the gig the audience seemed to be well into it. The sound was a bit iffy, but not so bad it was spoilt, more quiet, oh and some occasional rumbling.

Venue seemed quite full (downstairs, don't know about upstairs), not jam packed, full-ish

If you saw the Sisters tour here in '06, you could've guessed how it was going to be...

Set list, I'm sure pretty much the same as SF - maybe in a slightly different order(?)

Started off with Crash & Burn, then Ribbons, Train/Det

Encores were definatly -

something fast
vision thing

lucretia
top nite out
temple of love

Did get Floorshow & Marian & Summer, corrosion, dominion-mr, anaconda, alice, giving ground, on the wire-teachers-otw, never land, flood 1 + 2, etc

No, romeo down, war, suzanne, will i dream, still, berlin etc

Of course its not the same as "the Old days" which i did see, but still highly enjoyable (for me), and the mrs, and for most of the people there me thinks...

looking forward to tonight
Last edited by peartree_productions on 02 Dec 2008, 02:36, edited 1 time in total.
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Nice! but if i didn't hear logic when the sisters comes
i'll be mad :lol:
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
bismarck

Husek wrote:Nice! but if i didn't hear logic when the sisters comes
Christ, you like that song. I fear for the band's safety at the European shows you attend if they don't play it.
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
Buelbringer
Road Kill

peartree_productions wrote:
Buelbringer wrote:Good point, what happend there? Did they skip Vegas? ...and I see nothing about San Diego. Please send some news to Europe. :oops:

Just a quick line about San Diego as getting ready to head to the Anaheim gig tonight...
Thanks for picking it up and for the short review :notworthy: Sounds good without big surprises. Have fun!
Sexkontakt in http://www.datewelt.info/sex-kontakte/ Württemberg sofort und ohne Umwege mit geilen Hobbyhuren genießen. Melde dich jetzt kostenfrei an.
Husek

bismarck wrote:
Husek wrote:Nice! but if i didn't hear logic when the sisters comes
Christ, you like that song. I fear for the band's safety at the European shows you attend if they don't play it.
Don't Worry about it, i wont go to europe tour ;s

(But they still in danger for the latin-america tour :lol:)
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
GMC
Road Kill

I went to both the Anaheim and SD shows. Anaheim was about 10% better, mostly because the first couple of songs in SD were a little bit flat and Andy was mumbling... possibly because there weren't very many people there.

Then they played Alice. Now, I saw them in '06 and I remember thinking that Alice was surprisingly good, but this was like God coming down at Mt. Sinai and telling Alice to "give it away". Brilliant.

Setlist, approximate:

C&B
Ribbons
Train/Det. Blvd.
Alice
Marian
Anaconda
Giving Ground
...gets foggier... the following in some order...
Flood I
Dominion
Summer
Floorshow
OTW.Teachers.OTW
Neverland (was right before Flood II)
Flood II
This Corrosion
break
Something Fast
Vision Thing
break
Lucretia
Top Nite Out
Temple

Contrary to some wags, there was no FALAA. Highlights were the aforementioned Alice and "Dominion"... with Andy giving us a gratuitous "Love song of the Republic" as Ben and Chris built up to MR after Dominion.

Generally speaking, a great show. Just started a little slow... Crash and Burn is an okay song but it doesn't crash as much as some of the updates. Oddly enough, This Corrosion now rocks...and not just the last four minutes of eleven.

Review of Anaheim where it belongs.
Flowers on the Razor Wire.
DrG

Thanks for the reviews... GMC wrote:
Then they played Alice. Now, I saw them in '06 and I remember thinking that Alice was surprisingly good, but this was like God coming down at Mt. Sinai and telling Alice to "give it away". Brilliant...
:lol: 8)
... and
Oddly enough, This Corrosion now rocks...and not just the last four minutes of eleven.
I agree...
always liked the straight up rock anthem version...
eleven minutes is a bit long for some things. :wink:
wah-hoo
let's do the war on drugs

Trip the light fantastic