Escaped from L.A. (post-gig words)

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
peartree_productions
Road Kill

robertzombie wrote:Any news?
Something about driving down Highway 101, headed for Sunset... to see The Sisters...

Highly enjoyable... prefer S.D. then Anaheim out of the 3 we saw...

Same set list as above gigs

Mark Gemini-Thwaite lurking at the back of the hall

Sound ok, could've been a bit louder. Overall, very satisfactory...
lachert
Overbomber

peartree_productions wrote: Same set list as above gigs
looks it must be your favorite line :innocent: :notworthy:
long live rock'n'roll
moshdaddy
Road Kill

Wow. I saw them at House of Blue LA last time and that was sooooo much better than this. The vocals were barely audible and thought everything else sounded very, very mushy. I went upstairs for a breather, and found the sound piped out there was more enjoyable.... Still, I had a good time despite the bad fidelity.

I was the jerk in the white jacket and pink shirt! :P

Mosh
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I decided to attend the LA show after all. I flew down from SF and got myself in line. The crowd lining up was enthusiastic, talkative, and more abundant than I think it had been at past shows. This carried into the venue, where people seemed to be in great spirits and there was a palpable sense of anticipation. The atmosphere was much more party-like than it had been in SF. (And special thanks to a man whose name I think was Chris who managed to carry shots through the crowd to the front row without spilling. Unfortunately, my recall of many of the details of the concert is impaired because of Chris's shots...)

Hypernova was even better in LA than they were the week before in SF. They really gave 100% and put on a great show. The crowd was largely impressed and complimentary and they were comparing them to Interpool and Joy Division. There was a lot of interest in hearing more from them.

People exploded properly when The Sisters of Mercy came on stage. Crash and Burn was awesome and each new song was greeted with waves of excitement and cheering. People just seemed happy and god knows life is more fun when you're around happy people. Giving Ground was a highlight for me, and Summer continues to be transporting, with the lights making you feel, see, and hear the music. We got On the Wire/Teachers which was very nice. This Corrosion and Vision Thing were a lot of fun with such a responsive group. The floods and Lucretia came through powerfully. Top Nite Out was another highlight, as it is such a cool song and it showcased Ben and Chris and gave people an opportunity to shout "Ben" and "Chris" in appreciation. And there was a lot of appreciation all around. After TOL, when it was clear that the show was over, no one around me really tried to move. I think they would have stayed and cheered for quite awhile if security hadn't ushered us all out. Overall, everyone banged out a great performance and the crowd responded.

Thanks to the kindness of Ben and some members of Hypernova, I had a nice alternative to sitting in a Denny's waiting for my 6am flight home. I got to talk to the very tall guy whose name I hesitate to type because I'm sure I'll butcher it. He was great fun, speaking directly and with no deference to ego or pretense. Yet another talented and gracious person from that band. I hope that they get all the sucess they want and that they like it.

I managed to sleep for a few minutes on the plane before coming home to rescue my mother-in-law from her babysitting duties. She snapped a photo of the set list, which I was lucky enough to get and will share. By 10am, I was at a playgroup meeting in a cafe, blearily leading four three year olds through Five Little Monkeys while my baby chomped on my arm with his new fangs. Back to reality, but the vacation from it was nice!

lachert
Overbomber

Chaotican wrote:Image
for me, you're the miss of heartland from sf to la :kiss:
but don't tell paulina :wink:
long live rock'n'roll
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

You are far from alone, lachert :wink:

And indeed, thank you very much for your reviews, Chaotican :notworthy:
Chaotican

Lol, you're very sweet. Trust me, I've turned back into a pumpkin. ;) I hope that there is another tour...
Drunkrockers
Road Kill

sunshine
Road Kill

Very nice pictures! And the site name rules too! :)
Drunkrockers
Road Kill

thanks! and for the record - that was the first time in 6 years i had to sneak a camera in to a show
DrG
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Drunkrockers! :notworthy:

Dig it... awesome pics! ;D
wah-hoo
let's do the war on drugs

Trip the light fantastic
bismarck

Great Pix Drunkrockers. Thank you for sharing them.
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
Drunkrockers
Road Kill

NO PROB, IT WAS FUNNY TO hear ppl talking about how hard it was to shoot pics, but of course it was with iphones and point-and-shoots

and after seeing the anaheim show, i knew what to expect ;)
originalgoth

great pics Drunkrockers
Thanks for sharing them.

Would it be alright to use any of them to make a cover for the CD of this gig when it becomes available on here (hopefully that'll be very soon (Thanks to gbarnwell over on the Sharing section here))

Thanks a Lot Guys

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
And I ride down the Highway 101
By the side of the ocean, headed for Sunset

Black Planet according to originalGoth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYeYgNIntQ
Chaotican

Amazing pics, Drunkrocker. Thanks so much for sharing those.
Drunkrockers
Road Kill

COVER = YES , I CAN GIVE YOU 1200X1600 TO USE FOR THE CD , AS LONG AS I GET CREDIT (DUH) AND GET A COPY ;)

VON LOVES BOOTLEGS!
originalgoth

Drunkrockers wrote:COVER = YES , I CAN GIVE YOU 1200X1600 TO USE FOR THE CD , AS LONG AS I GET CREDIT (DUH) AND GET A COPY ;)

VON LOVES BOOTLEGS!
Sent you a PM about this.

Thanks for letting us use your great pics :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
And I ride down the Highway 101
By the side of the ocean, headed for Sunset

Black Planet according to originalGoth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYeYgNIntQ