Paris 05/03/2011

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Ania
Road Kill

What a fantastic night! Amazing gig and amazing company! Just waiting for my flight back to Bristol at Paris cdg and am feeling a bit sad it's all over... But I have squeezed a green ball into my hand luggage somehow-my little girl will be pleased haha! Longer review on my return home. :-)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

oh yes. oh very yes.

8) ;D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Never Land
Amphetamine Filth

They rocked ! :notworthy:
Debs on smoke Debs on weed Debs on Duvel Debs on sleep.
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

What a great night +people ... everything was just perfect, I will post a bigger review later, I still need to recover, going back to bed !!!
I just wanted to post you a small present for now :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q1zusNCVVI
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

doctoravalanche wrote:I just wanted to post you a small present for now :
we have some very cool videos this year :notworthy: :notworthy:
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

doctoravalanche wrote:What a great night +people ... everything was just perfect, I will post a bigger review later, I still need to recover, going back to bed !!!
Insanely good video and show as it seems.

Ok, next time I'm unsure whether to go to a show or not, I know I must go!

I still don't get why they don't write/play at least one new song when they have such a flow in the live shows, incredible waste of talent/opportunity!
Badlander
Overbomber

Sounds like you guys had a fantastic night ! :D
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
paul
Overbomber

doctoravalanche wrote:What a great night +people ... everything was just perfect, I will post a bigger review later, I still need to recover, going back to bed !!!
Wow, cool vid, man! Thanx!!!
mandrake
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Another amazing gig, another setlist. cool..what a birthday it has been....
hellboy69

seconded!

nice vid D.A. glad to see/hear it was a stormer.

(must try to remain sober for one of these things someday) ;D
Back in time

As usual, great quality video. Thanks dr. A
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the reaper man.
lex3000
Amphetamine Filth

I'm back in London after the Luxembourg and Paris gigs and I think the Paris gig was as good as the second night in Brussels.

Le Trianon is a beautiful venue and coming on to Ernie K Doe's "Here Come The Girls" was a pretty inspired choice. The crowd was excellent (for the most part) and there was just a great atmosphere. The cover of "John, I'm Only Dancing" seemed more polished than at Tilburg. A really good gig to end the tour with for now.

Afterwards we went to see the Basilique du Sacré-Cœur nearby which was beautiful and then on to the bar with everyone else and to meet new people.

Time to start planning for the next gigs.
Groningen - Lokerese Feesten
panzerfaust
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

i cant believe it, he really sounds like he is actually singing on those two videos..bring on the recording!
doctoravalanche

panzerfaust wrote:i cant believe it, he really sounds like he is actually singing on those two videos..bring on the recording!
I am currently on the process of uploading everything ;)
I will post all the links later on here !!
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

great shots again, L.!!!
Ania
Road Kill

Got back home safely :) I really enjoyed the gig, and the venue was beautiful - it's like an old theatre, really atmospheric, the band sounded great. There was no support but one of the tech-boys acted as a DJ before the gig, he was fun to watch :D The Sisters started with Crash and Burn, I love this song so much and it was a great opener, which got most of the audience dancing - including the people on the balcony. The whole set was really energetic, the band had clearly enjoyed themselves and their current sound is much more up-to-date, very powerful, they added more keyboards I think and some loops here and there (well done, Doctor). The band did keep the crowd's energy up throughout and everyone seemed to be really into their set. Personally I think it's the best Sisters line-up ever, Ben and Chris clearly love what they do and Mr E seems very happy and relaxed being on stage with them! And, lets not forget the 'nurse' - he really 'feels' all the songs and, although hidden behind all the Macs, he adds something special to the Sisters gigs nowadays. Highlights? Oh god, I'm unable to choose now!!! But I love the new version of Kiss the Carpet and More, and I love Arms, Lucretia, Summer, Amphetamine Logic, On the Wire, Marian, FALAA... they all sounded amazing last night!!! I'm really looking forward to Sonisphere now... :kiss:

It was lovely to see some old faces and meet new ones too! So, Inga, Dr Avalanche, Jesus, Eva, Christophe, RadioJamaica, Eggi, Andrew S - hope to see you soon again!!!
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Whoa!

What a great night out :notworthy:

One of my favourites to date, the venue was just insane in the best of ways, in a kind of posh opera house style plus the floor went up and down like a big bouncy castle, what more does a man need in life :D

Great setlist too, absolutely loved it, excellent pit (someone was taking photos of it throughout the gig - wonder if we'll get to see those?), only downside was the security *#@hole who was being irritating at us for sitting down to catch a breath after the gig. I didn't think I managed to shake hands, say hi and whatever more with all of you out there, but everyone who I did meet: an absolute delight, hope to see you soon! As for the others, we'll catch up sometime soon no doubt too :wink:

Completely wrecked after the drive home now (I started seeing titles of Sisters tracks on road signs near the end :lol:), but man, was it worth it :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

just watching (more listening) Doc videos, ut scares me - :von: "sings"
iesus
Overbomber

yes, mr. :von: can sing and very well, at least in this gig :D
there are some more proofs of that in my hard drive but i think i will need at least one day to bring up some of them :)
i hope someone take vids after Arms cause my poor battery died at this song :roll:
i know that someone that was sitting down from my position took the whole gig in HD also Dr. :notworthy: has very nice material of the whole gig :innocent:
it was so nice night and fantastic people i met :D
my regards to all of them :wink:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
iesus
Overbomber

p.s. yes there were cards in nice packages and perhaps it was the last gig and gave more than one to all the people :D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
centurionofprix

Thank you for the recording doctor... The show sounds like Budapest did (that is brilliant)
Sita

doctoravalanche wrote: I am currently on the process of uploading everything ;)
I will post all the links later on here !!
Superb. Thank you thank you thank you :notworthy:
iesus
Overbomber

until Dr. uploads finish take a starter for appetite from the other side of the room ;D
Crash and Burn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKJTTKPoASU
FALAA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AVTKOwTHRw
Train/Detonation Boulevard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6leXY2ACu0
Gift That Shines/Arms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrNspWfCJh4
A big part of Marian with all the German lyrics clear and actually singing in that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JrxfU0RiEg
and a small part from Ribbons
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpTsnPlyhtw

have fun :notworthy: :innocent:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
lachert
Overbomber

me and paulina just arrived at home after few more or less pleasent adventures with hitch-hiking :lol:
no ball :x no setlist :x not even a guitar pick :x
(think my luck was finish when i won this poster in contest) :wink: :lol:
but it was f**king amazing and i'll keep picture of it in my mind as long as dementia took it away :notworthy:
sound was as loud as it can be at the sisters gigs today, great venue (wooden floor was perfect for encore breaks), nice town, great crowd, john i'm only dancing, i saw fall and rise of the andrew eldritch and the spiders from leeds.
oh, and i know nicknames of guys who drink vodka under the montmartre chapel :lol:
long live rock'n'roll