Summer hols

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1318
Joined: 07 Jun 2004, 19:11
Location: stratford upon avon

So far I'm going to the German Derby, Hamburg in july and possibly back to Australia at the end of the year. I was looking at going to the sisters Belgium gig until i read that the venue isn't central to any good hotels and I don't camp.

Have any of you booked summer hols?
User avatar
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up
Posts: 931
Joined: 23 May 2002, 01:00
Location: Buxville-on-Sea
Contact:

I'm fancying Italy, although my travelling companions are making a strong case for Spain (again :roll:)
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
User avatar
Debaser
Overbomber
Posts: 4623
Joined: 30 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: Lincoln. UK

Chairman Bux wrote:I'm fancying Italy, although my travelling companions are making a strong case for Spain (again :roll:)
I'm off to Italy. Got tickets for the Palio in Sienna in Aug, but will also 'do' Rome, Pompeii, Herculaneum, Piza, Florence, Maranello. We were going to hire a car but if Mussolini did one thing, it was get the trains working efficiently.

Gaz is a tad worried - the rubbish in Naples and the fact Vesuvius hasn't erupted for about 60 years and is due anytime :roll: No sense of adventure that boy.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
User avatar
markfiend
goriller of form 3b
Posts: 20459
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 10:55
Location: st custards
Contact:

Hey, well, just think, if Vesuvio does pop while you're there, you'll make a lovely fossil ;D
advanced, forthright, signifficant
User avatar
Debaser
Overbomber
Posts: 4623
Joined: 30 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: Lincoln. UK

markfiend wrote:Hey, well, just think, if Vesuvio does pop while you're there, you'll make a lovely fossil ;D
I KNOW!! I said he'd make a lovely find...Tony the Dig would find a skeleton with a set of sunglasses atop the skull and a 4 pint bottle of milk gripped in his hand.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
User avatar
eotunun
Overbomber
Posts: 3709
Joined: 06 Aug 2005, 22:24
Location: Planet Ki
Contact:

@Markfiend:You manage to ride the fine ridge between compliment and declaration of war! :lol: :notworthy: :lol:
Quiff, "Lovely Fossil" would be nicer than "Overbomber" for someone who has be around as long as Debaser, wouldn't it? ;D
There is shadow under this red rock
User avatar
Debaser
Overbomber
Posts: 4623
Joined: 30 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: Lincoln. UK

eotunun wrote:@Markfiend:You manage to ride the fine ridge between compliment and declaration of war! :lol: :notworthy: :lol:
Quiff, "Lovely Fossil" would be nicer than "Overbomber" for someone who has be around as long as Debaser, wouldn't it? ;D
Oi watch it you.....:D
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
User avatar
hallucienate
Overbomber
Posts: 4599
Joined: 17 Apr 2002, 01:00
Location: /\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\
Contact:

I'm off for a week at the Kruger National Park on Saturday morning. Then I've got 3 weeks in Sweden at the end of July.
User avatar
radiojamaica
Overbomber
Posts: 4852
Joined: 11 Apr 2005, 16:51
Location: Tower of Bass

A plan is shaping up to travel across Norway in june, but you all know about 'plans': they come & go :innocent:
We'll see what happens...
in dub we trust
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker
Posts: 4530
Joined: 11 Jul 2002, 01:00

hallucienate wrote:I'm off for a week at the Kruger National Park on Saturday morning. Then I've got 3 weeks in Sweden at the end of July.

and will i be needing my 'hat' after those three weeks :D
User avatar
Hexe Luciferia
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 786
Joined: 11 Feb 2008, 11:36
Location: In Wonderland without Alice
Contact:

I should be going 5 days in Riccione in august.
It isn't confirmed yet but we're working on it. :lol:
Hopefully I'll try to visit some european city in september... shame I cannot make any plan ahead though... :?
I'll shove that bat up your a** and turn you into a popsicle
User avatar
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator
Posts: 16355
Joined: 25 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: Lurking and fixing
Contact:

hallucienate wrote:I'm off for a week at the Kruger National Park on Saturday morning. Then I've got 3 weeks in Sweden at the end of July.
he's back ;D :lol:

:notworthy: :von:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
User avatar
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock
Posts: 7102
Joined: 22 Aug 2004, 12:14
Location: Soon over Babaluma
Contact:

I hope to be all over the place 8)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
User avatar
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber
Posts: 2883
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 01:51

Nowhere yet, spent too much in Iceland! :D
User avatar
mh
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 7499
Joined: 23 Jun 2003, 14:41
Location: Over the edge and too far forward

Nowt booked or even planned yet, but I'm chewing over the idea of paying the pyramids a visit. :cool:
Trigonometry. It's a sin.
User avatar
smiscandlon
Overbomber
Posts: 2595
Joined: 05 Feb 2004, 23:52

mh wrote:Nowt booked or even planned yet, but I'm chewing over the idea of paying the pyramids a visit. :cool:
<--------- Jealous

:(
&#1072;&#1085;&#1072;&#1088;&#1093;&#1080;&#1103;
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1318
Joined: 07 Jun 2004, 19:11
Location: stratford upon avon

[quote="Debaser"

I'm off to Italy. Got tickets for the Palio in Sienna in Aug, but will also 'do' Rome, Pompeii, Herculaneum, Piza, Florence, Maranello. We were going to hire a car but if Mussolini did one thing, it was get the trains working efficiently.


I love Italy.I went to Sorrento and the Isle of Capri.Beautiful
Hope you have a lovely time Ness :)
User avatar
mh
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 7499
Joined: 23 Jun 2003, 14:41
Location: Over the edge and too far forward

Aye, Florence is a strong candidate for "most fantastic city in the universe" too. :notworthy: Just don't expect to find any pubs-as-we-know-them in Italy (aside from the ubiquitous Irish pubs)!

@smis - you may be jealous, but I'll be broke! :lol:
Trigonometry. It's a sin.
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14699
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

Was toying with the idea of going across the pond to see the Cure. :innocent:
Does that count?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
User avatar
christophe
Overbomber
Posts: 3527
Joined: 17 Jan 2004, 09:42
Location: Grinderstreet

a whole summer @ Casa Christophe :innocent:
Another Shade of You.
User avatar
Hexe Luciferia
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 786
Joined: 11 Feb 2008, 11:36
Location: In Wonderland without Alice
Contact:

mh wrote:Aye, Florence is a strong candidate for "most fantastic city in the universe" too. :notworthy: Just don't expect to find any pubs-as-we-know-them in Italy (aside from the ubiquitous Irish pubs)!
Being an Italian I may suggest that maybe Venice is equally a strong candidate for the title :wink:
Venice is pure magic.
Anyway, yeah, Florence is a great place :D
I'll shove that bat up your a** and turn you into a popsicle
User avatar
Ozpat
From the Lowlands
Posts: 6759
Joined: 16 Aug 2005, 13:14
Location: In the place through which we wander.

Egypt
"as we walk on the floodland"
User avatar
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock
Posts: 7102
Joined: 22 Aug 2004, 12:14
Location: Soon over Babaluma
Contact:

Hexe Luciferia wrote:
mh wrote:Aye, Florence is a strong candidate for "most fantastic city in the universe" too. :notworthy: Just don't expect to find any pubs-as-we-know-them in Italy (aside from the ubiquitous Irish pubs)!
Being an Italian I may suggest that maybe Venice is equally a strong candidate for the title :wink:
Venice is pure magic.
Anyway, yeah, Florence is a great place :D
But Venice is like the Italian Bruges, i.e. Disneyland :urff: (not that there aren't nice sights, but well, bloody tourists)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
User avatar
Hexe Luciferia
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 786
Joined: 11 Feb 2008, 11:36
Location: In Wonderland without Alice
Contact:

Obviousman wrote:
Hexe Luciferia wrote:
mh wrote:Aye, Florence is a strong candidate for "most fantastic city in the universe" too. :notworthy: Just don't expect to find any pubs-as-we-know-them in Italy (aside from the ubiquitous Irish pubs)!
Being an Italian I may suggest that maybe Venice is equally a strong candidate for the title :wink:
Venice is pure magic.
Anyway, yeah, Florence is a great place :D
But Venice is like the Italian Bruges, i.e. Disneyland :urff: (not that there aren't nice sights, but well, bloody tourists)
You think? :eek: Never saw Venice like Disneyland at all. If you're only referring to the exceeding number of tourist, well, yes, I may agree, but "visually" Venice is stunning - and I'm referring to the "not over seen Venice" , i.e the beautiful, hidden places behind the well known spots.
Dunno, I love Venice and utterly despise Disneyalnd and everything related to it. There must be something wrong with me :wink: :lol: :lol:
I'll shove that bat up your a** and turn you into a popsicle
User avatar
mh
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 7499
Joined: 23 Jun 2003, 14:41
Location: Over the edge and too far forward

If you want to really see Venice you do need to get walking, and try to get lost in it for a while (which isn't that hard!) It's an amazing experience on those terms. :D
Trigonometry. It's a sin.
Post Reply