Read, read, read!!!! education, imagination, humour

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Had to be done!

Currently started the book "Het Diner" by Herman Koch.
As a TSOM fan to do tonight or tomorrow, Heartland, Issue Three Spring 90! Thanks so very much Koen! :kiss: :notworthy:

next
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'm reading all my old Sandman comics again. I've got through to The Kindly Ones arc already.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Big Si
School Bully

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Toaster Mantis
Road Kill

At college I'm reading Gottlob Frege's The Foundations of Aritmethic and Alec Fisher's The Logic of Real Arguments. Both are quite heady stuff, but presented in a somewhat talkative and useful manner.
You can take a tiger out of the jungle, but you can't take the jungle out of the tiger... on the other hand, the tiger can't step into the same river twice because other waters are always flowing on to it. Yeah.
robertzombie
Overbomber

MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

markfiend wrote:I'm reading all my old Sandman comics again. I've got through to The Kindly Ones arc already.
:lol: :lol: :notworthy:

I used to read comics in my really young teenage years, then it was Archie, Veronica & Blondie and that dude that was always so funny friends with Archie. The Donald Ducks were cool too, the kids are into those now along with Geronimo Stilton books! :notworthy:

Jos when living with me briefly in S.A. became a LOBO comic madman! He was a comic freak before I met him but it's a bad addiction. He has the DC edition and I'm sure all the numbers! FFS he hasn't even read them all and keeps them all individually wrapped in a sealed seethrough plastic cover, and there are hundreds 'n thousands of them! How we ever got them from S.A. to NL is beyond me! I'll get him to start arranging them in chronological order, numerically at that! Should keep him busy for hours! :wink:
that ongoing eternity
Silver_Owl
The Don

MadameButterfly wrote:
markfiend wrote:I'm reading all my old Sandman comics again. I've got through to The Kindly Ones arc already.

I used to read comics in my really young teenage years, then it was Archie, Veronica & Blondie and that dude that was always so funny friends with Archie. The Donald Ducks were cool too, the kids are into those now along with Geronimo Stilton books! :notworthy:

Jos when living with me briefly in S.A. became a LOBO comic madman! He was a comic freak before I met him but it's a bad addiction. He has the DC edition and I'm sure all the numbers! FFS he hasn't even read them all and keeps them all individually wrapped in a sealed seethrough plastic cover, and there are hundreds 'n thousands of them! How we ever got them from S.A. to NL is beyond me! I'll get him to start arranging them in chronological order, numerically at that! Should keep him busy for hours! :wink:
You've obviously never read Neil Gaiman Debs. :|
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

mortgagesmortgagesmortgagesmortgagesmortgagesmortgagesmortgages
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Hom_Corleone wrote: You've obviously never read Neil Gaiman Debs. :|
hmmm....no, name doesn't ring a bell? :?

am i now a bad person?
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

palms
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

robertzombie wrote:Image
aaahhh...high school years! :notworthy:
that ongoing eternity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

boudicca wrote:mortgagesmortgagesmortgagesmortgagesmortgagesmortgagesmortgages
That's the second time in one day!
Must I get my gun?
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

yaef
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Silver_Owl
The Don

MadameButterfly wrote:

am i now a bad person?
For laughing at the medium of comics - yes. :|
They're not all for the kids you know. :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Hom_Corleone wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:

am i now a bad person?
For laughing at the medium of comics - yes. :|
They're not all for the kids you know. :wink:
Trust me I know! :wink:

My wish list for adult comics or just stunning art is unlimited!

I don't laugh at the medium of comics, just the feeling it brings from long long ago! Trust me if at a party where the company is boring I do search for comics and everyone has comics! Trust me! :wink:
that ongoing eternity
boudicca
Sister Midnight

MadameButterfly wrote:
That's the second time in one day!
Must I get my gun?
Please.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
mh
Above the Chemist

Mushroom! Mushroom!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Hom_Corleone wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:

You've obviously never read Neil Gaiman Debs. :|
I have the entire Sandman collection in the graphic novel collections. Damn good stuff.

Of late I've also become obsessed with Warren Ellis' work - particularly the Transmetropolitan series, which is very good indeed, and FreakAngels (his current free webcomic).
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

lazarus corporation wrote:I have the entire Sandman collection in the graphic novel collections.
Meh. N00b!

Just kidding.

I have most of the collection as the original comics (just missing the first 20 or so, which I have as the graphic novels)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

lazarus corporation wrote: I have the entire Sandman collection in the graphic novel collections. Damn good stuff.

Of late I've also become obsessed with Warren Ellis' work - particularly the Transmetropolitan series, which is very good indeed, and FreakAngels (his current free webcomic).
Cheers, Paul! I got into Transmet first, comes highly recommended.

:notworthy:
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

I've also got the entire sandman series in GN form.

It is truely excellent stuff.

@Debs: Nail Gaiman is an English author who is noted for his dark yet witty style. His works often place folklore, mythology & occultist symbology in a modern setting.

Sometimes he just writes fairy tales.

Most consider The Sandman series of comics to be his masterpiece. I would probably agree.

He has written many novels as well. Neverwhere is my favourite and serves as a great introduction to the world of Neil Gaiman.

He co-wrote a book with Terry Pratchett. It's called Good Omens and it's nothing short of wonderful.

I think that's plenty enough to be getting on with :)[/b]
Last edited by Maisey on 05 Feb 2010, 02:46, edited 1 time in total.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

He also co-stars with Von in [url=http://yami_no_miko.tripod.com/nicehairindex.html]in this comic[/url]
Nice Hair wrote:Due to his inability to colour co-ordinate his wardrobe, [Neil Gaiman] wears all black and is mystified as to why this endears him to the goth kids
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Oh, and rather more to the point. I've recently finished Dante's Inferno, and am have yet to pick up another book.

So far it's a toss up between Dante's Purgatorio (an obvious follow up), Lewis Carrol's Alice In Wonderland or Michiavelli's The Price.

Haven't read any of them, and all three are sitting on my desk, waiting to be read.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Maisey, on Machiavelli? As long as you don't try and run the band like the Republic...

This should be interesting.

:P
Debaser
Overbomber

Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else