Any thoughts on Ched Evans?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

they'll have to, it's all we can manages at these distances!
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Microcosmia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote:
EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:How about air hugs?
Funny you should say that.
Last night I was covering a The Cure show & we actually formed an air band.
We even have air roadies

Air hugs would work :)
Yes we can pick a time, sit at our screens and do a group air hug.

Some electrons might get displaced temporarily but the potential benefit could be worth the risk.
Being645
Above the Chemist

OK, as I've been named x times as one of the obviously guilty ...
I see that I've partly behaved like in this lovely video (and worse)
with the clear difference that I lack (lost) the humour that is thankfully present there ...

Personal attacks and shouting rounds are neither helpful nor pleasant.
And I'm not innocent of either of them, nor of other idiot behaviour.
Insofar, I shall, as a first step towards general reconciliation from my part,
place the baton in the broom closet, take a more relaxed view of things
and make some amendments I see adequate.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

well doesn't that say it all. i only just read this as i could see a vigorous and heated debate starting a few days ago and as i often do thought i'd read it all at once.

forget ched evans though: maybe this schism was long overdue. i'm sick to f**king death of people attacking my friends on here -you can attack me all you like cuz i dont give 2 fucks for anyones opinion of me but leave my f**king friends alone. especially when theyre being attacked for things i am just as guilty of.
so if youre havinb a go at sabine for being defensive of the sisters, have a f**king go at me instead. if youre criticising Mark for voicing his opinions, come and tell me to shut the f**k up...dont upset Jo over the f**king fantasy football in snidey PM's and then say FUCK ALL to me....and dont try and belittle steve for thinking he knows best becasue I DO KNOW BEST and i agree with him.

basically if you dont like it THEN YOU CAN FUCK OFF.....then we're all happier.

always
Lee 8)
(Heartlander and TRUE-Sisters Fan) :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Thanks Lee my brother
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

:kiss:

zaltys7

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:well doesn't that say it all. i only just read this as i could see a vigorous and heated debate starting a few days ago and as i often do thought i'd read it all at once.

forget ched evans though: maybe this schism was long overdue. i'm sick to f**king death of people attacking my friends on here -you can attack me all you like cuz i dont give 2 fucks for anyones opinion of me but leave my f**king friends alone. especially when theyre being attacked for things i am just as guilty of.
so if youre havinb a go at sabine for being defensive of the sisters, have a f**king go at me instead. if youre criticising Mark for voicing his opinions, come and tell me to shut the f**k up...dont upset Jo over the f**king fantasy football in snidey PM's and then say FUCK ALL to me....and dont try and belittle steve for thinking he knows best becasue I DO KNOW BEST and i agree with him.

always
Lee 8)
Well, that wasn't very nice was it?

I took a long absence from this forum, for many reasons, every time I come back there seems to be a flame war, and this one seems to be one of the worst. Johnny, you are the voice of reason mate, f**k knows why everyone else is getting their knickers in a twist.

Points of law, evidence and just fair play in this footballing c**t face seem to me, irrelevant. Where did the reasoned debate go?

So where are we now? Shouting at each other, drawing lines, basically being a bunch of twats.

BIG HUGS EVERYONE

What a f**king joke, the big hugs are for the gang, what do the rest of us get, maybe a cosh.

Paul. (A true Sisters Fan)
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Oh my, and the baton is in the closet now ... uhm ... but if IIRC, I`ve still got a fly flap somewhere ... Image ...

But wait, isn't there the ultimate voice of reason talking to me? Or one of its lackeys ... Image ... Image ...
eastmidswhizzkid

zaltys7 wrote:
Well, that wasn't very nice was it?
i'm not. and nor is attacking my friends.

zaltys7 wrote:So where are we now? Shouting at each other, drawing lines, basically being a bunch of twats.
thats how its been for ages anyway. at least it may settle down now.
zaltys7 wrote:BIG HUGS EVERYONE

What a f**king joke, the big hugs are for the gang, what do the rest of us get, maybe a cosh.

Paul. (A true Sisters Fan)
there is no "gang". just Heartland. we reap what we sow.
:von:

Being645
Above the Chemist

Dominion! ... ;D ... :lol: ...
eastmidswhizzkid

:wink: :kiss: :notworthy:

Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote:Thanks Lee my brother
Seconded :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

So, it looks that if someone is not sharing your opinion/view and articulating this disagreement - in any manner and way - can basically get the fuck out from this forum.

Edit: or at least write to eastmidswhizzkid

Well played.

It's not about drawing the line, it's about feeling good only with each other. The Gang is only one who can set the rules, who can say what is right and what is wrong. And if anyone want to stay here have to follow the Gang's rules, stay silent (not to write anything that is against opinion of the Gang or any of the member of the Gang) or go away.

I don't like flock, i don't like mob (except ephemeral ones creating at the time of gig).
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:well doesn't that say it all. i only just read this as i could see a vigorous and heated debate starting a few days ago and as i often do thought i'd read it all at once.

always
Lee 8)
I really don't think that's helpful. It's good that you're standing up for your friends, but you're being very antagonistic about it, which will just perpetuate the animosity. And saying if people don't agree with you they should leave is downright offensive.

I'm trying hard not to escalate things again, but you invited us to confront you directly, so I'm calling you on it: some of your comments in this post are bang out of order.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Being645 wrote:OK, as I've been named x times as one of the obviously guilty ...
I see that I've partly behaved like in this lovely video (and worse)
with the clear difference that I lack (lost) the humour that is thankfully present there ...

Personal attacks and shouting rounds are neither helpful nor pleasant.
And I'm not innocent of either of them, nor of other idiot behaviour.
Insofar, I shall, as a first step towards general reconciliation from my part,
place the baton in the broom closet, take a more relaxed view of things
and make some amendments I see adequate.
I wasn't looking for anyone to own up to anything or make public apologies, but good on you for being brave enough and big enough to make this post. :D
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
eastmidswhizzkid

stufarq wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:

I'm trying hard not to escalate things again, but you invited us to confront you directly, so I'm calling you on it: some of your comments in this post are bang out of order.
of course confront me directly as i usually have to correct a misinterpretation or misunderstanding of things i've said (my inefficient communication skills i'm sure rather than your incomprehension).

"it" in the above statement is "Heartland", not my views/opinions beliefs. anyone who knows me will know that i would never expect people to do as i say, as i know i don't have the right to tell people what to do. the statement applies to any situation -if you are unhappy with it then remove yourself from the situation. it applies to any of us and is advice not an order.

stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: of course confront me directly as i usually have to correct a misinterpretation or misunderstanding of things i've said (my inefficient communication skills i'm sure rather than your incomprehension).

"it" in the above statement is "Heartland", not my views/opinions beliefs. anyone who knows me will know that i would never expect people to do as i say, as i know i don't have the right to tell people what to do. the statement applies to any situation -if you are unhappy with it then remove yourself from the situation. it applies to any of us and is advice not an order.
Okay, I'll accept that. But in the still-fractious atmosphere, maybe you could think twice about how you post sometimes, as you often come across as someone who enjoys stirring the pot and upsetting people. Comments like
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:basically if you dont like it THEN YOU CAN FUCK OFF.....then we're all happier.
are only ever going to make things worse, as are continuing to use the phrase
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:TRUE-Sisters Fan.
Yes, you've said it was a joke, but you know it's upset some people, so why keep doing it when you know it'll probably just upset them further?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

There's a lot of stuff that has gone on out of view of the general HL public that I'm not exactly comfortable talking about, especially when some of the people concerned may not be able to defend themselves.

I don't really know how to explain it, but I no longer have any patience with people trying to harass and bully me and my friends. We ended up banning Blast for less.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

stufarq wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: of course confront me directly as i usually have to correct a misinterpretation or misunderstanding of things i've said (my inefficient communication skills i'm sure rather than your incomprehension).

Okay, I'll accept that. But in the still-fractious atmosphere, maybe you could think twice about how you post sometimes, as you often come across as someone who enjoys stirring the pot and upsetting people. Comments like
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:basically if you dont like it THEN YOU CAN FUCK OFF.....then we're all happier.
are only ever going to make things worse, as are continuing to use the phrase
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:TRUE-Sisters Fan.
Yes, you've said it was a joke, but you know it's upset some people, so why keep doing it when you know it'll probably just upset them further?
i thought it was obvious in this instance that i wasnt joking or being conciliatory- i was pissed off and being confrontational with intent to upset. :? how do you fight back where you come from? :?:

Being645
Above the Chemist

markfiend wrote:There's a lot of stuff that has gone on out of view of the general HL public that I'm not exactly comfortable talking about, especially when some of the people concerned may not be able to defend themselves.

I don't really know how to explain it, but I no longer have any patience with people trying to harass and bully me and my friends. We ended up banning Blast for less.
OK, that says enough. Just be sure you all have my full support.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Just clicked on this thread to read the latest views on the issue and can't believe what I have seen unfold - people whose opinions I find interesting (and who have been the stalwarts of HL during my five years here) at each other's throats on the thread and obviously much worse on PM. Really saddened to see what has happened and hope that normal service of mutual respect and passionate debate is resumed asap. :(
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:i thought it was obvious in this instance that i wasnt joking or being conciliatory- i was pissed off and being confrontational with intent to upset. :? how do you fight back where you come from? :?:
I thought I'd made it clear I was asking everyone to stop fighting. We're all pissed off and look where it's got us. Be conciliatory if you can, but if you can't, don't go out of your way to make it worse, or things'll just keep escalating.

As for the stuff markfiend mentioned that's gone on out of public view, I'm not aware of it (and don't need to be - it's none of my business), but if it involves harassment and bullying, there are measures available to the mods to deal with that. Instead, it's spilled over into the forum and dragged everyone in. Don't get me wrong - if there's been bullying, I have full sympathy with the victims, but the sniping's got out of hand and needs to stop, whether it involves mod sanctions or some people just taking a long cold shower until they've calmed down. Otherwise this place will remain a war zone. You can be part of the problem or you can be part of the solution.[/b]
Being645
Above the Chemist

That tone is not nice either Stufarq!
Just stop telling others what to do in a manner as such and there might be the necessary calm needed atm. The arguments are clear to everyone, I think.
stufarq wrote:I wasn't looking for anyone to own up to anything or make public apologies, but good on you for being brave enough and big enough to make this post. :D
Oh my, that was for sure no public apology. An expresssion of sadness, yes.
So please, stop interpreting me with funny implications, even if they might be, err, *cough, ... well-intentioned ... :| ...
zaltys7

stufarq wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:i thought it was obvious in this instance that i wasnt joking or being conciliatory- i was pissed off and being confrontational with intent to upset. :? how do you fight back where you come from? :?:
I thought I'd made it clear I was asking everyone to stop fighting. We're all pissed off and look where it's got us. Be conciliatory if you can, but if you can't, don't go out of your way to make it worse, or things'll just keep escalating.

As for the stuff markfiend mentioned that's gone on out of public view, I'm not aware of it (and don't need to be - it's none of my business), but if it involves harassment and bullying, there are measures available to the mods to deal with that. Instead, it's spilled over into the forum and dragged everyone in. Don't get me wrong - if there's been bullying, I have full sympathy with the victims, but the sniping's got out of hand and needs to stop, whether it involves mod sanctions or some people just taking a long cold shower until they've calmed down. Otherwise this place will remain a war zone. You can be part of the problem or you can be part of the solution.[/b]
Probably the most sensible thing said in this thread...
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
zaltys7

Being645 wrote:That tone is not nice either Stufarq!
Just stop telling others what to do in a manner as such and there might be the necessary calm needed atm. The arguments are clear to everyone, I think.
stufarq wrote:I wasn't looking for anyone to own up to anything or make public apologies, but good on you for being brave enough and big enough to make this post. :D
Oh my, that was for sure no public apology. An expresssion of sadness, yes.
So please, stop interpreting me with funny implications, even if they might be, err, *cough, ... well-intentioned ... :| ...
Followed by this incomprehensible s**t.