The Great Heartland Biscuit Thread™

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Microcosmia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

That's a shame, his old friend Sinead was only recently expressing concerns about the continuity of supply of Jammie Dodgers from November 1st.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Perhap's he's over here filling his boot with supplies for Sinead in case the buggers get their way on Oct 31st.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Microcosmia wrote:Would there be a role (roll?) in this caper for a shades wearing rockstar type?An international man of mystery who has seen it all while having a quiet smoke outside venues just about everywhere and who probably knows the people who know what really happened to the iced gems.The sort that might leave cryptic clues strategically placed in lyrics or on band merch...
Grey stepped into the alley from the club's side-door, his mind still reeling from what he'd seen. While he'd long heard rumours that Kat Kitson's tastes ran to niche even his fertile imagination could not have conceived of the debauchery which he had witnessed, nor the rogues' gallery of characters involved - he had recognised at least 4 cabinet ministers, 3 heads of foreign states, the CEOs of a dozen blue-chip companies and a famously-virginal aged pop star engaged in acts which could have been inspired by the quill of de Sade.

As his brain sought to process these sights Grey became aware that he was not alone. Instantly alert, he side-stepped out of the puddle of light cast by the dim bulb above the door and into the shadows, scanning the alley for signs of an assailant. From an unlit doorway opposite a thin stream of cigarette smoke drifted in the light breeze.

"Ok, chummy," said Grey, addressing the unseen figure. "It's been a long fucking day and an even longer fucking night, I'm fucking tired, but if you want your bollocks stamping then step out here and we'll get it over with."

The response was a rasping chuckle. "You're Grey, right."

"Depends who's asking."

"No-one's asking - it wasn't a question."

"Listen, old son - I'm tired and all I want to do is go home. If you've got something to say then step out here and say it. Otherwise sling your hook."

Another rasping chuckle. Grey saw the glowing end of the cigarette fall to the pavement before it was ground under the toe of a heavy-looking boot. A short, slim figure emerged, its head as bald as a cue ball, with a beard that could have had its own postcode. Despite the darkness of the alley the figure's eyes were shielded by a pair of dark sunglasses.
"Hey now, hey now now - there's no need to be like that. I'm on your side, insomuch as I have a side. You're looking for Becker, and it looks like you're getting close enough to get some people in expensive suits rattled. I like that.

You don't believe me. I get it. Why should you? In answer to that question, let me ask another: when you found Tamray, was there anything in his left hand?"

Grey froze. Not only had the press not been notified that the famous Australian choclatier, Tim Tamray, had been found brutally bludgeoned to death in his Docklands flat, but that he had indeed been holding something in his left hand - a single blue M&M.

"Did you kill him?" asked Grey.

"No, I didn't kill him. But I'll help you find the man who did."
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
ROBBIE

Perhaps we could have Mr EB reading extracts of the new novel as support on the 40th anniversary tour 🙃
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
Microcosmia

ROBBIE wrote:Perhaps we could have Mr EB reading extracts of the new novel as support on the 40th anniversary tour 🙃
Now there's an idea.

Maybe the big reveal of the whodunnit could be kept for the aftershow party.
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

a slight change of subject but am need of some advice from this august body.

Back at home from the Roundhouse gigs and need to bring the traditional post holiday treats to my (hated) work.

Of course i didn't want to use up valuable luggage space and decided to wander off to the import food place and buy digestives, etc. once i'm back. But digestives and the like are far too good for most of my co-workers.

I'm leaning toward nice and custard creams. Any additional suggestions?
My life is one long week of stupid clothing benders.
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:a slight change of subject but am need of some advice from this august body.

Back at home from the Roundhouse gigs and need to bring the traditional post holiday treats to my (hated) work.

Of course i didn't want to use up valuable luggage space and decided to wander off to the import food place and buy digestives, etc. once i'm back. But digestives and the like are far too good for most of my co-workers.

Do they still do those bags of Broken Biscuits you used to get at markets?!
:innocent: :lol: :lol:
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Charlie wrote:
EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:a slight change of subject but am need of some advice from this august body.

Do they still do those bags of Broken Biscuits you used to get at markets?!
:innocent: :lol: :lol:
oooh stroke of genius. and if not, i can just break them (and blame it on the flight)

i was thinking of Tim Tams and insisting that they can only be consumed if they are dunked.

Revenge biscuitry.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Garibaldis - tell them there's real squashed flies in them
Malted Milks (store-brand only)
Ginger Nuts (ibid) - because there's 4 people in the world who actually like them, and 3 of them are guests of Her Majesty in secure units
Hank Moody
Swinnow
Overbomber

My Nan used to work at Cadbury's at Moreton-in-the-Mud on the Wirral. She used to bring the bags of broken biscuits home with her. They made the Sunday obligation visits worthwhile when I was a kid :)
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Ginger Nuts (ibid) - because there's 4 people in the world who actually like them, and 3 of them are guests of Her Majesty in secure units

Crap, I'm the 4th one. Plus the name is hilarious.

Swinnow - I have a mallet in hand and am smashing away.

Was going to bring some PG tips (yes in bags) and thought i'd bring soy milk and fake sugar.
Swinnow
Overbomber

EPW, when it comes to tea n biccies I get as alternative as semi-skimmed milk :)
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Swinnow wrote:EPW, when it comes to tea n biccies I get as alternative as semi-skimmed milk :)
oh god, yes.... but for work I think soya milk and splenda would be perfect
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Have you seen this abomination?

When I was made aware of this product I immediately contacted The Supreme and Worshipful Kettlemeister (FUCT's equivalent of the Grand Mufti) and requested that a fatwa be issued. She has done so:

Let it be known throughout all of teadrinkingdom that the product known as Bru, its heirs, successors, servants and agents, and every variant thereof, has been declared An Offence In The Sight Of Gods and all those who use it shall henceforth be damned in perpetuity, their eyes gouged out and replaced with Oreos, their privy parts torn off and replaced with pink wafers, their offspring condemned to the howling wastes wherein the only tea available comes in powdered form, their names expunged from history never to be mentioned in decent society, their houses razed, their crops burned, their livestock confiscated and their estates sown with salt that nothing may grow there, yea until the Time Of The Second Coming Of The Great Teapot before whom all will be judged. Do not be inclined to test us in this, since I'm having a bad day and am verily fed up to the back teeth with This Sort Of Shit, and any one of you motherfuckers want to test me you'll find I'm am both vengeful and malicious, and will not hesitate to Come Down There and steal your kittens. Oh wait, you're not writing this all down, are you? Just give them the bit up to "whom all will be judged", ok? The rest - well, look, I dropped my favourite mug this morning, the big one with the pictures of cats on it, and I'm still getting over it.
Hank Moody
iesus
Overbomber

Any recipies for tea traditional brit biscuits ?
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote: Have you seen this abomination?

When I was made aware of this product I immediately contacted The Supreme and Worshipful Kettlemeister (FUCT's equivalent of the Grand Mufti) and requested that a fatwa be issued. She has done so:

Let it be known throughout all of teadrinkingdom that the product known as Bru, its heirs, successors, servants and agents, and every variant thereof, has been declared An Offence In The Sight Of Gods and all those who use it shall henceforth be damned in perpetuity, their eyes gouged out and replaced with Oreos, their privy parts torn off and replaced with pink wafers, their offspring condemned to the howling wastes wherein the only tea available comes in powdered form, their names expunged from history never to be mentioned in decent society, their houses razed, their crops burned, their livestock confiscated and their estates sown with salt that nothing may grow there, yea until the Time Of The Second Coming Of The Great Teapot before whom all will be judged. Do not be inclined to test us in this, since I'm having a bad day and am verily fed up to the back teeth with This Sort Of Shit, and any one of you motherfuckers want to test me you'll find I'm am both vengeful and malicious, and will not hesitate to Come Down There and steal your kittens. Oh wait, you're not writing this all down, are you? Just give them the bit up to "whom all will be judged", ok? The rest - well, look, I dropped my favourite mug this morning, the big one with the pictures of cats on it, and I'm still getting over it.
omg :lol: :lol:

'The regular BRÜ has a standard outlet which has a flush function that keeps the brewing chamber’s bottom and its outlet clean after each cup.'

Sounds more like a toilet system :lol:

and this:

'For those times when you don’t want to wait for your tea to cool down to a drinkable temperature, we’re currently working on a “cold-tea mode�'
:eek: :lol: :lol:
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Charlie wrote:
But aren't abominations appropriate around halloween?

Speaking of abominations, spotted this in Berkeley (CA), and it is very, very Berkeley.

EvilBastard
Overbomber

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:But aren't abominations appropriate around halloween?
Yes, true - but this machine is being made in Switzerland, where they famously don't celebrate hallowe'en. Their equivalent is held in February, where men dress up like Margaret Thatcher, Indira Gandhi, and Golda Meir to commemorate the day in 1971 (yes, 1971) that women were granted the right to vote in federal elections.
Hank Moody
iesus
Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote:
Yes, true - but this machine is being made in Switzerland, where they famously don't celebrate hallowe'en. Their equivalent is held in February, where men dress up like Margaret Thatcher, Indira Gandhi, and Golda Meir to commemorate the day in 1971 (yes, 1971) that women were granted the right to vote in federal elections.
Women in Switzerland didn't have voting rights back in 1970? :eek: :eek:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

iesus wrote:
EvilBastard wrote:
Women in Switzerland didn't have voting rights back in 1970? :eek: :eek:
That's correct: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%27s ... witzerland
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Anyone love tea that much to be buried in a teabag coffin?
Pista
Cureboi

Charlie wrote:Anyone love tea that much to be buried in a teabag coffin?
That's pretty awesome
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

From the twitters
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Pista wrote:From the twitters
Scone.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote:Scone.
fastest cake in the shop. :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity