Today I have been mostly...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Nice :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

its not like ive not played all their favourites...frankenchrist AND bedtime for democracy! (they hate the Dead Kennedys more than CRASS :twisted: )
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

sultan2075 wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 14:14
Mostly I teach philosophy and political theory. I wrote my dissertation on Nietzsche, and I'm trying to find time to revise it into a book (unsuccessfully at the moment, since I find I have been increasingly preoccupied with Aristotle the last few years). I am continually amazed that I am able to make a living talking about old books that interest me.
oh wow! I could not even wrap my head around epistemology and ontology for a while and those are the basics. pretty fascinating what you do!

today I will be relaxing, swimming and hanging out with one of my best friends if she makes it down from Budapest. tomorrow mostly the same an then back to work, prepping for an accred panel next week.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Trying to work out how to get from here (where you wouldn't want to be) to there (where you wouldn't want to go, except it's where your mum lives and she's got a list of jobs for you to do: chopping a load of wood, retiling the bathroom, etc., and since you are a dutiful son who has barely stirred from his tiny flat in close to 2 years you're not going to be exactly picky when it comes to opportunities to Get Away).

If anyone in these parts also lives in those parts and who maybe fancies a pint in the Traf, the Swan, the George, the Central, the Mitre or the Commy in the first half of September, let me know. Jon, if you're around? It's been a while, might be fun.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
eastmidswhizzkid

trying to sleep despite the heat and the noisy kids outside my window. after the magnificent thunder storm the kids came back out to play. first thing i heard was : "OMG ! what a BEAUTIFUL rainbow!" And it was - a complete double bow across the sky. melted my heart and made me feel like the Selfish Giant.

Pista
Cureboi

..been trying to scrub off some nasty cologne from my wrists.
Got accosted by the perfume girls outside Tesco who insisted i try their scent & give an opinion.
Apparently it's a copy of a scent that costs an arm & a leg in France. Although, without the original to compare it to, I couldn't really say.
Anyway. I have scrubbed until I am raw & the smell still won't come off. :urff:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

Patience and a couple of hot and cold baths :)
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
eastmidswhizzkid

...getting banned from social media sites. In 4 accounts no less!

So: in a "worst music of all time group i posted a link to some churchgoers singing 'All tings bright & beautiful' adding that if i was their imaginary god i would smite the f**king lot of them. this acheived the desired efect and multitudes of pissed off Xtians got grumped with em which was hilarious but to stop some petty c**t reporting my account as a fake name (which would get it permanently banned) i deactivated 'Lee Whizzkid.' & started using my 2nd FB account 'Lucy Furr'
Sadly les than 12 hours larter that was banned for posting a picture of a....... mermaid. with her tits out admittedly but fish dont wear clothes. so onto 'Christian Lionbait' (3rd FB account) which is now banned for...telling my sound system group what had happend to the first 2 accounts.
even though fb dont allow multiple accouns they have assumed a link between these 3. (my deep cover trolling & illegal activiies account is safe but has NOTHING to link it to my others)

so i thought lets f**k off facebook -over to twatter and i am now banned there a well for posting this:
..under a picture of morrisey!

you c**t make it up! :lol:

Pista
Cureboi

They banned you for that?
They seem to be okay with nazis & dangerous conspiracists, but slapping a racist?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid

Pista wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 15:25 They banned you for that?
They seem to be okay with nazis & dangerous conspiracists, but slapping a racist?
best of all theyve told me i can be unrestricted if i start off by deleting the tweet!
as if i were some f**king penitant naughty child who should say sorry! if they want the f**king tweet deleted they can f**king well delete it! and stick their twattersphere up their arses. :twisted:

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Yeah the social media sites can get to fcuk. They actively promote far-right content and censor its opposition. FB removed a picture of Mussolini hanging from his lamppost that I had captioned with something along the lines of "hanging with his homies". Another one I got a warning for: "A group of fish is called a school" accompanied by an image of two people firing shotguns into a pond. Somehow it's dangerous to call attention to the US's weekly child-sacrifice to the Second Amendment?

Fcuk 'em. I'm still hanging on at instagram and tumblr but now IG has started recommending me fash content just like FB did I can't see myself lasting much longer there.

(Edit to add)
Oh another one: a Young Ones fan page posted an image of Rik threatening suicide and I posted as a comment Neil's line "Vyv, uh, can you, like, actually kill yourself with laxative pills?" - which was removed automatically for containing the string "kill yourself" FFS
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

markfiend wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 15:57 Yeah the social media sites can get to fcuk. They actively promote far-right content and censor its opposition. FB removed a picture of Mussolini hanging from his lamppost that I had captioned with something along the lines of "hanging with his homies". Another one I got a warning for: "A group of fish is called a school" accompanied by an image of two people firing shotguns into a pond. Somehow it's dangerous to call attention to the US's weekly child-sacrifice to the Second Amendment?

Fcuk 'em. I'm still hanging on at instagram and tumblr but now IG has started recommending me fash content just like FB did I can't see myself lasting much longer there.
whilst i was being chastised like the errant 51 year old sociopath i am for poisting a picture of a fish with tits i was sternly reminded that the last time i was spanked for hate speech i had said "i dont like Xtians"...which is an opinion, not HATE. aye brother fiendy -FUKK EM

eastmidswhizzkid

another twatter ban. for telling a racist that they were well,, a fucking racist, and politely asking him to fuck off and die. i really dont know what side the twats and facebook are on with their shit, but i am pretty certain its not mine.

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 28 Jun 2022, 03:50 i really dont know what side the twats and facebook are on with their shit, but i am pretty certain its not mine.
They're on the side of the money. Fcuk 'em.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Above the Chemist

markfiend wrote: 28 Jun 2022, 09:54
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 28 Jun 2022, 03:50 i really dont know what side the twats and facebook are on with their shit, but i am pretty certain its not mine.
They're on the side of the money. Fcuk 'em.
Yeah, money and fascism by look of their rithms. Fcuk 'em all.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

You know what, since I abandoned facebook my mental health has improved massively. It's not a coincidence either. Shouting at strangers (the communication style that facebook most encourages) is not good for the brain.
—Bertrand Russell
Swinnow
Overbomber

Looking at road maps of Sheffield (to weigh up gig/pub/hotel options for t'Mish gig). My memory kept on reminding me tbat God hates Sheff, hence all the hills :lol:.

If it's as good as the original Shindig at ye olde Sheff Poly we'll be happy.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Pista
Cureboi

Knocking smoking on the head.
Yesterday I started and went from 20 in a day to just 10.
Today I'm gunning to knock 2 more off that.
But I am really really fcuking cranky. I do hope nobody decides to pop by for a surprise visit today. I will most likely punch them in the face.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sultan2075
Overbomber

Pista wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 11:06 Knocking smoking on the head.
Yesterday I started and went from 20 in a day to just 10.
Today I'm gunning to knock 2 more off that.
But I am really really fcuking cranky. I do hope nobody decides to pop by for a surprise visit today. I will most likely punch them in the face.
Best of luck to you! I gave it up about 20 years ago, after having nearly a two-pack a day habit. My method was... probably not for everyone. I drank enough, and smoked enough, the night before quitting, to ensure I would have an absolutely brutal hangover the next day - the kind that cruelly torments body and soul together, and lasts for well over a day. That did it for me. I couldn't even smell a cigarette for the next few weeks without wanting to die. Nowadays, every few years I'll be at a conference, catching up with old friends, and I'll bum a smoke after a few pints. Inevitably, I get about three drags in and find it absolutely revolting.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Pista
Cureboi

sultan2075 wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 11:56 Best of luck to you! I gave it up about 20 years ago, after having nearly a two-pack a day habit. My method was... probably not for everyone. I drank enough, and smoked enough, the night before quitting, to ensure I would have an absolutely brutal hangover the next day - the kind that cruelly torments body and soul together, and lasts for well over a day. That did it for me. I couldn't even smell a cigarette for the next few weeks without wanting to die. Nowadays, every few years I'll be at a conference, catching up with old friends, and I'll bum a smoke after a few pints. Inevitably, I get about three drags in and find it absolutely revolting.
I'm trying a strategy of stamina & psychology.
Yesterday I caved in at midday. Today I made it to 1pm. Tomorrow I am targeting 2pm or later.
I am making sure i count any butts in the ash tray at the day's end. Quite impressed with yesterday's outcome but the butts in the ash tray are there taunting me to do better.
If this all goes south I might take your "scorched earth" approach. :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

Best wishes to succeed @Pista :D
It's 2 days only after that it will be easier and easier!
Hope it works for you, as it is a custom to person tactic always that works. :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

There's nowt to it Steve, if you want to stop and you're ready to stop, you'll stop. Just smoke your supplies and don't buy any more. For me a combo of increasingly noticeable shortness of breath when walking up slight hills, and a change of life circumstances / house etc helped to create the environment whereby simply running out of baccy and choosing not to go buy any more was simple. Sure I get the odd ferocious urge for a J, and had my first toke on one in Leeds the other Saturday night from some random jovial fella whilst queueing for the cash machine for taxi funds, which was fkn lovely but also helpfully reminded why all day every day is not a good thing for me. Best of luck with it, though sure if you're determined to stop then luck has fk all to do with it, just stop :)
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Hard to avoid hills in our part of the world brother Dave, but the essence of it is, when you're truly ready to quit, you'll quit. With lockdowns largely putting an end to my 'just pop down the road for a quick bev' habit, it also drastically reduced my smoking. I was only a social smoker though, but not just 'other people's' before the usuals pipe up :lol:
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

TIHBM..... getting stang off of a wassp.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Planet Dave wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 17:48 TIHBM..... getting stang off of a wassp.
Oh wah, that's painful !!! ... :urff: ... hope you're not allergic and didn't have to rush to the hospital and spend a few hours there ...