Page 10 of 17

Posted: 27 Mar 2020, 14:00
by rian
iesus wrote:Image

Norsemen is an hilarious spoof on the TV drama Vikings. The characters are different, but the parallels are undeniable. It's Norwegian, but it's done in English. It's currently showing on Netflix.
;D :bat: :bat:
I will check this one out, for sure.

Posted: 27 Mar 2020, 21:42
by EvilBastard
Norsemen looks like a top show - thanks for the tip! Definitely has shades of Chelmsford 123 (and that really was a top show), and therefore A Very Good Thing.

Posted: 27 Mar 2020, 23:10
by rian
EvilBastard wrote:Norsemen looks like a top show - thanks for the tip! Definitely has shades of Chelmsford 123 (and that really was a top show), and therefore A Very Good Thing.
I can't find Chelmsford on HBO or Netflix or for that matter, C-More. :(

Posted: 28 Mar 2020, 02:41
by EvilBastard
rian wrote:
EvilBastard wrote:Norsemen looks like a top show - thanks for the tip! Definitely has shades of Chelmsford 123 (and that really was a top show), and therefore A Very Good Thing.
I can't find Chelmsford on HBO or Netflix or for that matter, C-More. :(
It's available on Channel 4 but you mau need VPN. I recommend NordVPN.

Posted: 28 Mar 2020, 10:03
by rian
EvilBastard wrote:
rian wrote:
EvilBastard wrote:Norsemen looks like a top show - thanks for the tip! Definitely has shades of Chelmsford 123 (and that really was a top show), and therefore A Very Good Thing.
I can't find Chelmsford on HBO or Netflix or for that matter, C-More. :(
It's available on Channel 4 but you mau need VPN. I recommend NordVPN.
Ok, thank you for info. Will check it out ;D

Posted: 28 Mar 2020, 14:19
by EvilBastard
Since I'm Doing My Bit to defeat Covid-19 and limiting myself to leaving the house once a week for groceries, I stayed up until 4am watching Norsemen. It's...interesting. Definitely reminiscent of Chelmsford 123, the characters are fab, the script is superb - 12/10 would rape and pillage again. Now I have to wait for Season 3...

Posted: 28 Mar 2020, 15:21
by rian
EvilBastard wrote:Since I'm Doing My Bit to defeat Covid-19 and limiting myself to leaving the house once a week for groceries, I stayed up until 4am watching Norsemen. It's...interesting. Definitely reminiscent of Chelmsford 123, the characters are fab, the script is superb - 12/10 would rape and pillage again. Now I have to wait for Season 3...
Norsemen, S1/E1 done. Very funny stuff! Thanks again :notworthy:

Posted: 28 Mar 2020, 16:36
by Pista
You've all piqued my curiosity.
Norsemen here now :D

It's a tent peg. :lol:

Posted: 30 Mar 2020, 13:13
by iesus
yeap, norsemen were good :D

now i am into a crime/mystery from Poland

Image

The Mire (Rojst) - Netflix ;D

Posted: 30 Mar 2020, 23:14
by rian
A new serie for me. WU Assassins. S1/E3 right now, on Netflix. So far not the best stuff, but hopefully gonna be better. At least good enough for me, at midnight in Sweden.
Same people behind it as in Badlands. Even, at least, one same actor.

Badlands ended with Season 3. They could easily have made a season 4, and they thought about it, but decided not to do that. A pity in my eyes. The ending was all about making a S4.

Posted: 31 Mar 2020, 00:04
by EmmaPeelWannaBe
I have no shame

Image

Posted: 31 Mar 2020, 21:59
by Big Si
EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:I have no shame

Image
Aye, binged that at the Weekend and watched the 'Louis Theroux' episode from 2011 last night :roll: :lol:

Posted: 01 Apr 2020, 06:42
by Bartek
When I want to waste my time infront of TV I usually pick Rick and Morty. And some music docu on Netflix, yesterday I was Devil on the crossroads about Robert Johnson.

Posted: 01 Apr 2020, 09:15
by EvilBastard
Bartek wrote:And some music docu on Netflix, yesterday I was Devil on the crossroads about Robert Johnson.
That's a great doc! Watched it a while back, really interesting to see the layers peeled back, to get some idea of who he really was as opposed to the myth.
There's another doc in a similar vein called The Lion's Share, about where The Lion Sleeps Tonight really comes from - hint, it ain't Boy George.

Posted: 01 Apr 2020, 13:49
by iesus
Image

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace :bat: :bat:

Posted: 01 Apr 2020, 21:17
by Big Si
EvilBastard wrote:
Bartek wrote:And some music docu on Netflix, yesterday I was Devil on the crossroads about Robert Johnson.
That's a great doc! Watched it a while back, really interesting to see the layers peeled back, to get some idea of who he really was as opposed to the myth.
There's another doc in a similar vein called The Lion's Share, about where The Lion Sleeps Tonight really comes from - hint, it ain't Boy George.
Aye it's a good one. I also recommend -

The Search for Robert Johnson

Can't You Hear The Wind Howl - The Life and Music of Robert Johnson

Posted: 02 Apr 2020, 14:00
by Quiff Boy
Been watching Unorthadox on Netflix

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/81019069

Image

https://www.distractify.com/p/unorthodo ... true-story
Netflix's latest take on a drama series is Unorthodox, which tells the story of Esther Shapiro (Shira Haas), a young Jewish woman who leaves her husband behind in Brooklyn for the chance to have more independence in Berlin, Germany. The trailer for the series dropped on March 6, and it shows Shira's deeply difficult decision to leave her family behind for the sake of her future.

Posted: 02 Apr 2020, 16:04
by Zacharias
iesus wrote:Image

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace :bat: :bat:
One of the best ever made!

Posted: 04 Apr 2020, 10:19
by Pista
Image

Posted: 04 Apr 2020, 21:55
by Pista
Image

It's alright. Better than that Invisible Man rubbish

Posted: 04 Apr 2020, 22:23
by iesus
Pista wrote:Image

It's alright. Better than that Invisible Man rubbish
i think i ll try that. Thanks Steve ;D

Posted: 04 Apr 2020, 23:53
by Swinnow
Image

Still outrageous after a year or three

Posted: 07 Apr 2020, 12:57
by eastmidswhizzkid
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:Image
here we go: some actual zombies for the zombie apocalypse! season 1 was good, just starting season 2.
Second_season.

Posted: 07 Apr 2020, 14:27
by iesus
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:Image
here we go: some actual zombies for the zombie apocalypse! season 1 was good, just starting season 2.
Second_season.
Started downloading both Seasons ;D
If this is related to the movie then it's brilliant :D :bat: :bat:

Posted: 10 Apr 2020, 16:29
by Pista
Image