COVID-19 coronavirus

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I know I've been joking around calling it "Captain Trips" and what have you. But it's a bit scary, especially given the utterly incompetent leadership from various governments around the world.

There's also this...
BEIJING — A driver who fatally stabbed two people guarding a virus-control roadblock in southwestern China was sentenced to death Sunday, a state news agency reported.

The report was a rare sign of public defiance of sweeping anti-disease controls that suspended access to several major cities and shut down much of China’s economy starting in late January.

Ma Jianguo arrived at the roadblock in Honghe County in Yunnan province on Feb. 6, the Xinhua News Agency reported, citing the Intermediate People’s Court of Honghe Hani and Yi Autonomous Prefecture.

A passenger in Ma’s minivan tried to remove the roadblock, Xinhua said. It said Ma stabbed a member of the checkpoint team who used a cellphone to film the incident and a second member who came to defend him.
What in the actual fcuk is going on?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

the end of days innit bro..
seriously f**ked up.

i heard that they had to quarantine John Lennon airport in Liverpool. i mean thats massive.

imagine all the people.... :lol: :innocent:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Isolation of people/region is one of the best solution to prevent spreading this -and any other - virus. Those who don't understand it are acting against rest of society.

In 1962 in Wroclaw (my hometown) was outbreak of smallpox (Variola Vera) whole city was shutdown, no one - except medical staf - could not enter or leave the city, people infected were separated from other, there was mass vaccination programm. All stopped there/here.

Now, thanks to all freedoms and accesible airlines we will seen such pandemic more often.
Pista
Cureboi

It's a good job Johnson washes his hands for 20 seconds or more isn't it?

:roll:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The human race needs to get its collective shizzle together regarding animal welfare, then such outbreaks won't even happen.

(Spoiler alert: It won't, therefore they will)
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I’m pretty blasé about it all, but one thing kind of concerns me. It’s in my area (north of San Francisco), and it seems that they are hiding some cases. I know people who are care givers, and not all cases are making it into official counts.

I figure my kids and I will probably get it. And probably never know.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Big Nev is a total star on tw@tter. Not bad for a blue binman at all.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Being645
Above the Chemist

Chaotican wrote:I’m pretty blasé about it all, but one thing kind of concerns me. It’s in my area (north of San Francisco), and it seems that they are hiding some cases. I know people who are care givers, and not all cases are making it into official counts.

I figure my kids and I will probably get it. And probably never know.
No way, Twitter says it's only a scaremongering election campaign by the Democrats ... :wink: ...
Pat
Slight Overbomber

I’m thinking of starting a self-isolation support group. Any ideas where we could meet?
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Pat wrote:I’m thinking of starting a self-isolation support group. Any ideas where we could meet?
Yeah man, the forthcoming Sisters pits. No shaking hands though!

;D :bat:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
SmileySister

Ok, I promise not to hug anyone (this time)
Swinnow
Overbomber

SmileySister wrote:Ok, I promise not to hug anyone (this time)
Have you been lurking around Arrowe Park during home visits? :lol: :lol:
SmileySister

You're on to me Swinnow.

I liked the sound of the 14 day self isolation.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Well, if we're all gonna die, it might as well happen in a Sisters pit. Game on :von:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:Well, if we're all gonna die, it might as well happen in a Sisters pit. Game on :von:
'death by band member armpit' - that's where my brain went on this one :lol: :lol:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Charlie wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:Well, if we're all gonna die, it might as well happen in a Sisters pit. Game on :von:
'death by band member armpit' - that's where my brain went on this one :lol: :lol:
It might yet happen!
Tinker
Road Kill

Charlie wrote:
:eek:
Swinnow
Overbomber

SmileySister wrote:You're on to me Swinnow.

I liked the sound of the 14 day self isolation.
:lol: Far too close to the Woodchurch for safety though for a Tranmere type like you. See ya in Leeds next week my friend.
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:
Charlie wrote:
It might yet happen!
Doesn't quite have the same romantic ring to it as 'dying in someones arms' does it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Swinnow
Overbomber

Is that the Shakespearean "dying"? :lol:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Charlie wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:
Charlie wrote: 'death by band member armpit' - that's where my brain went on this one :lol: :lol:
It might yet happen!
Doesn't quite have the same romantic ring to it as 'dying in someones arms' does it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well no, though I'm sure there's a few folk for whom the prospect of dying in Von's armpit would be considered the very essence of romance :lol: :urff: :von:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:Well no, though I'm sure there's a few folk for whom the prospect of dying in Von's armpit would be considered the very essence of romance :lol: :urff: :von:
Well, if Brut can pass itself of as "the mark of a man" then I reckon there could be some mileage in :von: marketing a cologne. I can see it now - using footage from the Dominion video, with the final shot being the bit where he steps out from the pillars, swordstick above his head, both arms raised. Cue The Donut Queen stepping in from the left, inhaling a deep breath from the armpit, turning to the camera and whispering in an outrageous Frawnch accent: Eau de Von's Ahmpeet, from Chanel - ze Essence of Romance." Shit, I'd buy it at duty free.

The self-quarantining is great, though - Covid-19 is an introvert's dream! :lol:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

EvilBastard wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:Well no, though I'm sure there's a few folk for whom the prospect of dying in Von's armpit would be considered the very essence of romance :lol: :urff: :von:
Well, if Brut can pass itself of as "the mark of a man" then I reckon there could be some mileage in :von: marketing a cologne. I can see it now - using footage from the Dominion video, with the final shot being the bit where he steps out from the pillars, swordstick above his head, both arms raised. Cue The Donut Queen stepping in from the left, inhaling a deep breath from the armpit, turning to the camera and whispering in an outrageous Frawnch accent: Eau de Von's Ahmpeet, from Chanel - ze Essence of Romance." Shit, I'd buy it at duty free.

The self-quarantining is great, though - Covid-19 is an introvert's dream! :lol:
:lol: :lol: I'd buy that too! Truly, you're wasted if you don't work in marketing Mr Bastard.

There's some seriously wandering brains in this thread :lol:
iesus
Overbomber

As instructions say in vid: Wait for it :innocent:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1235252608845197314

;D

Also there was a moto in FB today that said:

Goth hand washing tip:

If you want to make sure you wash your hands for 20 seconds, that's the equivalent of 4 hey now now's.

Saw it laughed and sang:
Like a Cleaning Hand! ;D :bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."