COVID-19 coronavirus

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
DJElectricDaddy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Location: Where the sun shines bright. Where the rain don’t fall

markfiend wrote: 02 Oct 2020, 12:01 So Trump has Covid - Schadenfreude? Who, me? :innocent:
60 million prayers were answered. Can imagine Milania locked up in quarantine with him. That’s your penance bitch!
markfiend wrote: 02 Oct 2020, 16:44 Maybe he could try drinking bleach? ;D
Ha! Or injecting light. Please. Try something dumb. Please. You owe it to us
Somewhere on a tiny planet
crawl some ants called the human race
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
Swinnow
Overbomber

UK Ch5 news has just reported that "Trump remains on the job"

That awful vision has really put me off my tea.

Poor Melania, but you reap what you sew.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
iesus
Overbomber

Simpsons predicted that too :eek: :eek:

:roll:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Swinnow wrote: 02 Oct 2020, 17:07 UK Ch5 news has just reported that "Trump remains on the job"

That awful vision has really put me off my tea.

Poor Melania, but you reap what you sew.
:lol: :lol:
Swinnow
Overbomber

And more importantly, now Sadio Mane has gone positive too.

Stay safe sisters and brothers.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Irony is doing great job.
But i'm far from wishing him something bad, he's already in the highest risk group, so maybe going through this will make him change his mind, for the benefit of other Usaniars. :wink:

Hope all is fine Herr Quiff.

Teacher-educator of my daughter most likely has it (again). Our Lil one went to school for few critical days and there is a risk that she might got this. So, with pain of our hearts, we have to separate from each other for few days - she's gonna be with my Mum that already went through this and has immune respons - then i'll take my Lil one to make test. Until then we hope she's didn't catch it.
DJElectricDaddy

iesus wrote: 02 Oct 2020, 17:31 Simpsons predicted that too :eek: :eek:

:roll:
My son has been telling me a bunch of things the Simpson predicted years ago. That’s pretty wired isn’t it
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
DJElectricDaddy

So can I burden you guys with some personal s**t. Again.

I’ve been searching the web for answers for hours and my head hurts, there’s no good advice to be found on this subject. Maybe you guys have an opinion or can point me to somewhere that does

My Mrs has begun traveling for work again and has another two trips booked for this month. First time was a short trip to Colorado and the airline didn’t book any middle seats to keep some distance. Last week she went to Texas and the airline overbooked (as usual) and she was shoulder to shoulder with a complete stranger for hours. This really bothered me and I’ve been sleeping in a separate bed and generally distancing myself and wearing a mask around the house, wiping down surfaces constantly.

Tonight she said she wanted to go out to a restaurant for my sons birthday tomorrow, to which I scoffed. It’s like she is just pretending this whole thing is over and life is normal. I just flat out disagreed. She told me I should move out as she feels like a pariah and generally read me the riot act. I tried to explain calmly that this was my comfort level and my health and nothing personal.

You lot seem rational reasonable sentient life forms. Am I over reacting? Is this unreasonable behavior?

Where can I get some salient advice on this sort of thing. The Internet is a random mess of useless information. Where does one normally turn for advice in times like these?

Sorry for the dump. Help me Obe Goth Kenobi you’re my only hope
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
Spiggy Sage
Road Kill

markfiend wrote: 02 Oct 2020, 16:44 Maybe he could try drinking bleach? ;D

Prost! :lol:
I don't know if you were wrong, but I fail to see the point of being right.
million voices
Slight Overbomber

One doesn't want to appear cynical but can we be sure that Trump actually has Covid-19

It could be a ploy to engender sympathy and more votes or it could be a mistake by his doctors. after all they got it wrong when they declared him unfit for Vietnam.
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Indeed.

It’s bizarre that we even have to wonder this.

Trump’s administration have so normalised fake news, misinformation and pure straight up lies that it is genuinely hard to know anymore.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
iesus
Overbomber

My mother told me in phone that she is sure he is faking it to get sympathy for him and the elections...
She maybe didn;t go to a univercity but she is ace in judging people and their motives with unbelievable percentage of accuracy :lol: :lol:
Wish the best to all those who indeed suffer from this disease for recovery, ;D
And take care ppl of your families and patience :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

I said somewhere else that he will 'die' but have a lovely home in Russia, all inclusive
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

No. Trump's not faking it and this is how I know:

They didn't want to release it. They were found out. They got caught. A journalist broke the story.

There was a super-spreader event at the announcement in the Rose Garden for Amy Coney Barrett.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

seems appropriate

abridged
Slight Overbomber

Derry's in lockdown from today. Apparently we're the third highest infection rate in the UK. It doesn't surprise me. We've never been good at sticking to rules up here...
The Chancer Corporation
Pista
Cureboi

I read today that Serco's test & trace app lost 16,000 test because it exceeded....wait for it... the maximum number of columns allowed in....put down all hot beverages.... Excel :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

It’s nhsx not actually serco

There was a lot of talk about serco doing it but it’s actually cummings’ bunch doing it 🤦‍♂️
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

There’s a page buried in their website that outlines the parties who worked on the app.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

knew i'd read it somewhere

https://faq.covid19.nhs.uk/article/KA-0 ... =CAT-01021
The team has staff from Accenture, Alan Turing Institute, NHS Digital, NHSx, Oxford University, VMware Pivotal Lab and Zuhlke Engineering. As the Government’s lead technical authority on cyber security, the National Cyber Security Centre has also supported in an advisory role.
and

https://fullfact.org/health/Serco-test-and-trace/

fullfact.org seem to think the Serco allegation was sparked by a Russia Today
It’s unclear where this claim first originated, although Russia Today did claim Serco were behind the app in May.
make of that what you will.

this is a pretty extensive overview of how it works (or not, as the case may be)

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/nhs-cov ... ct-tracing
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

DJElectricDaddy wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 07:53 So can I burden you guys with some personal s**t. Again.

I’ve been searching the web for answers for hours and my head hurts, there’s no good advice to be found on this subject. Maybe you guys have an opinion or can point me to somewhere that does

My Mrs has begun traveling for work again and has another two trips booked for this month. First time was a short trip to Colorado and the airline didn’t book any middle seats to keep some distance. Last week she went to Texas and the airline overbooked (as usual) and she was shoulder to shoulder with a complete stranger for hours. This really bothered me and I’ve been sleeping in a separate bed and generally distancing myself and wearing a mask around the house, wiping down surfaces constantly.

Tonight she said she wanted to go out to a restaurant for my sons birthday tomorrow, to which I scoffed. It’s like she is just pretending this whole thing is over and life is normal. I just flat out disagreed. She told me I should move out as she feels like a pariah and generally read me the riot act. I tried to explain calmly that this was my comfort level and my health and nothing personal.

You lot seem rational reasonable sentient life forms. Am I over reacting? Is this unreasonable behavior?

Where can I get some salient advice on this sort of thing. The Internet is a random mess of useless information. Where does one normally turn for advice in times like these?

Sorry for the dump. Help me Obe Goth Kenobi you’re my only hope
I'm high risk, I take a drug that suppresses my immune system, five years ago I had pneumonia. I'm still going to work. When I was furloughed my mental health took a massive hit. If your fear of a disease is about to ruin your entire life then you may have to reassess your priorities.
Remember

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Swinnow
Overbomber

Was talking online with an old mate first thing this morning about Trump's idiotic behaviour last night on his return to the White House. His (probably) self applied fake tan on his face to conceal his pale complexion didn't help. All it did was remind us of how the old live American telly used to look in Europe in the early 70's because of the different PAL v NTSC systems. America, please regain some sense and defeat Trump in November.
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The orange blobs behaviour last night was moronic even by his standards .
Swinnow
Overbomber

What on earth were those tiny perspex shields about in the Vice-President's debate this morning? Do American aerosol virus particles only travel in arrow straight lines? At least the audience were made to mask up.