COVID-19 coronavirus

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

Just booked my booster. Couple of weeks before I can get in, but not overly bothered.
Here they've just re-instated mandatory masks on all public transport, even at bus terminals & railway stations.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i've had my flu one, but it's not 6 months for booster until end of this month.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Swinnow
Overbomber

Ditto
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I've got my flu jab appointment tomorrow; no news on a COVID booster yet.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote: 21 Oct 2021, 15:49
Swinnow wrote: 21 Oct 2021, 15:08 Plan B - get Murdoch media to blame everyone else
There is an interesting correlation between the countries with high COVID infection and death rates and the countries with prevalent Murdoch media. Makes you wonder if Uncle Rupe wants us all dead for some reason.

The UK has about 40,000 new infections a day at the moment and we're approaching 140,000 deaths overall. Johnson looks to have got his "let the bodies pile high" moment. Bolsonaro is facing charges of "crimes against humanity" for his part in the deaths of 600,000 Brazilians from COVID. If only there was someone in the UK with the backbone to bring similar charges against our clown-in-chief.
You mean Fox News hasn't helped us here in the USA to end this madness?

Got the booster a few months ago...had a health crisis last year (not COVID) so not taking any chances. Pfizer, no reaction.
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
Swinnow
Overbomber

Thankfully so far the UK attempts at a 'Fox News' or 'Newsmax' are risible. Both GBNews and Talkradio are echo chambers peddling nonsense to next to no audience. The fear is that once Murdoch fully starts TalkTV and does the same cross promotions he did for Sky, using the S*n and the Times, such sh*te will gain traction.
Last edited by Swinnow on 02 Nov 2021, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

This is why I despair at anti-BBC leftists clamouring for the abolition of the TV License. Yes it's excessively pro-Royal, yes it's running scared of the Tories right now, yes the Savile legacy will taint the organisation for years to come, but we need a bulwark against the Murdochisation of UK TV and the Beeb is frankly the only chance left.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Swinnow
Overbomber

Totally agree with Mr F
Electrochrome

Swinnow wrote: 02 Nov 2021, 15:18 Thankfully so far the UK attempts at a 'Fox News' or 'Newsmax' are risible. Both GBNews and Talkradio are echo chambers peddling nonsense to next to no audience. The fear is that once Murdoch fully starts TalkTV and does the same cross promotions he did for Sky, using the S*n and the Times, such sh*te will gain traction.
You should see OANN (One America News Network), it looks like The Onion.
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
Pista
Cureboi

Just got back from updating my 5g & wifi service.
Bit ridiculous really. When you get your first & second shots they give you a little slip of paper which has their stamp on & what type of update you were given etc.
After that you are sent a card that has a QR code on that is scannable so as to see all the same details on the card plus batch numbers & so on. A vaccine passport if you like.
Anyway, after getting that card, at the time there was no information on the need for a 3rd update until a couple of months ago. Naturally i binned the piece of paper thinking it was a bit redundant.
Today, at the vaccine point they asked for it. I told them I'd chucked it out but showed them the card with the QR code on & they said that didn't matter & that I needed that piece of paper. WTAF?
I had to read the code on my phone myself to show them when my 1st & 2nd upgrades happened.
Anyway. I am now boostered.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
SmileySister
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I thought I was going to have to chase the booster up but fortunately, the letter came today with an appointment for December.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'm booked in for my covid booster on Sunday. I had my flu jab on the 3rd as mentioned up there somewhere; it just occurred to me, they won't turn me down for my booster because it's less than 3 weeks since I had the flu jab will they? I have heard of some folk getting both flu and covid jabs together so I hope not.
—Bertrand Russell
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Should be getting my booster and flu jab in early December , I’ve never watched GB news but can imagine what it’s like and not heard Talk s**t for years .
Pista
Cureboi

Well, it's all kicking off in Europe again.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

markfiend wrote: 18 Nov 2021, 16:36it just occurred to me, they won't turn me down for my booster because it's less than 3 weeks since I had the flu jab will they?
They still let me have my booster on Sunday.

In terms of side-effects, I'm doing a lot better than the first two Covid shots; a bit of a sore arm and that's it. No fever or anything.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 10:37
In terms of side-effects, I'm doing a lot better than the first two Covid shots; a bit of a sore arm and that's it. No fever or anything.
I felt like crap on Thursday evening after my booster. But, by Friday, it had all passed. Save the freshly-punched-arm feeling
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

"This ongoing horror [...] is now largely restricted to unvaccinated people."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -covid-jab
—Bertrand Russell
abraxas
Road Kill

Had my booster and flu jab yesterday.
12 hours in bed with both arms numb and feeling like I have a bad hangover
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Had my third jab, apparently not a booster but a dose of pfizer since I've already had two shots of astra zenica. Not sure what the difference is, and I've had no side effects aside from a sore arm for a couple of days. The hospital say I will now need a booster in six month's.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Pista
Cureboi

Just seen that the new omicron variant is an anagram of moronic
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Dan
Overbomber

It sounds like Optimus Prime's little brother.
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Memphis Rich

Just come back from getting my Pfizer jab, having had two AZ ones previously. No ill effects at all, again. I'm beginning to suspect I'm part of the government's placebo group!
Words are just turds
In sewers of sound
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Pista wrote: 22 Nov 2021, 18:31 Well, it's all kicking off in Europe again.
Yes it sure is! We in the Netherlands are in a lockdown again. Bound to happen as will more countries here follow. Something that was said that is so true to these times is to look out for each other. Be kind and just ask how someone is doing. The effect on the elderly, bless their souls or just people who are alone, that "how are you?" goes along way mentally. And then the things you know might happen behind closed doors for those in abusive relationships. They are real and happen in explosive measures when we are confined to being indoors without choice to flee.
Know there is always someone out there to help you get through and out of it so never hesitate to cry for help.

So be kind, selective if you like but just be kind to each other.

My heart goes out to Africa and South Africa as now another mutation has evolved as is the concern for my mom and aunt that are in the danger zone just because of age and smoking of course but that they have known their whole lives. It is in Belgium and most certainly the Netherlands as people have travelled.
Keep as safe as you can this is not nearly at the end...

Which leaves me with a feeling that we will have to learn to live with this virus Covid that will continue to mutate and mutate and the only thing we can do is try to protect ourselves by getting vaccinated. You protect yourself and those you come in contact with.
However if you don't believe in it for whatever reason, you still have my respect.

But again whatever you do please just be kind to each other.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

it's all messed up. trying to check on friends often especially those who have it. I'm in Hungary now getting my booster tomorrow, haven't decided which one I want yet. Ill take a self test at home first though just to make sure. then if all ok I will head back to NL on Monday and get my flu shot soon. I want to get as much protection as I can before heading to the US early January. not looking forward to traveling especially they don't require vaccination for local flights.