Gig safety

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:One thing I've heard is that the live music industry as a whole in the UK is asking the government for £50 million.

For comparison Wetherspoons has received £48.3 million
Aye, but Wetherspoons' chief is a Brexit-supporting Tory donor who inspired the PM's haircut. Coincidental, I'm sure.

I wouldn't drink in Spoons if it was the last pub on Earth, although I might have a wander past tomorrow to see how the zombie apocalypse is looking by mid-afternoon. Morbid curiosity and all that ...
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Pista
Cureboi

hellboy69 wrote:
07 May 2020, 10:55
"I'll get drive-thru" :bat:

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/05/ ... awful.html
not any more you won't.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Is this the future of gigs?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
OLDFART
Amphetamine Filth

Just needs a sheep dog to herd everyone in , no thanks .
Pista
Cureboi

OLDFART wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 17:51
Haha.
I'm trying to understand why they bothered with platforms when just fence sections would have been easier & cheaper with the same result.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
OLDFART
Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 18:03
OLDFART wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 17:51
Haha.
I'm trying to understand why they bothered with platforms when just fence sections would have been easier & cheaper with the same result.
I know thing's will never be the same but that's just wrong
Pista
Cureboi

OLDFART wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 18:05

That they're trying to figure out a solution is a good thing. We need gigs & the bands need the income since spotify et al are right royally ripping them off.
Thing is, I can't see this being a massive difference to the drive in shows that were eventually canned. Only difference is you're stood in a little pen instead of sat in your car.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
OLDFART
Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 18:19
OLDFART wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 18:05

That they're trying to figure out a solution is a good thing. We need gigs & the bands need the income since spotify et al are right royally ripping them off.
Thing is, I can't see this being a massive difference to the drive in shows that were eventually canned. Only difference is you're stood in a little pen instead of sat in your car.
True , but then again i hate fests , just wonder where this will leave small gigs .