Tribute show in Kansas City

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
brittislove
Road Kill

If you're in the KC area, a tribute from Houston Tx will be playing a show and playing 4 new songs

It's gonna be a hoot

Next Friday: Black Vatican and ASMO and Houston Tx based Sisters of Mercy tribute come to light up the Kansas City nightlife. This is the show to be at, come on out and enjoy some live music and your favorite Sisters songs

https://fb.me/e/diTGkyjTa
Silver_Owl
The Don

To be fair it's been so long any gig would do.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Indeed. Lots of pleasure and joy to everyone who can make it ... :bat: ...
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

apart from the smurphs -and the marching men who to be fair i never saw but who wouldnt have made this error- i have been wary of tributes since some attempt band got the dominion drum beat wrong. it is NOT a half beat it is a flam which is a grace note

same band got the lead intro to Alice wrong....1st 16 bars are different from the main riff! fact!
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
brittislove
Road Kill

True that to all of you. I started the group because I'm likely to never see the Sisters so... ehh.. might as well do it my own. Admittedly we've had to go back and fix a couple of songs we got wrong. We got Dominion right. We tried using a VST for the saxophone but it was just awful, so we hired an actual sax player to come in. And funny enough, we did just redo Alice cause the backing was wrong in some areas. I wanted the project to be "as authentic" as possible so we used a drum machine to program the beats and put that on the computer instead of just using software.

The other sisters tributes I really was impressed with are no longer active for the most part. The Smurphs were very good, but Body Electric and Black Planet are perhaps the other serious tributes out there. Black Planet is active, Body Electric dissolved.

We recently did Possession and Amphetamine logic. That made us want to cry. Andys slithery lyrics and deceptively precise drum patterns are really something to behold
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

I must commiserate with you on trying to mimic Sisters tracks, they're fiendish! Keep up the good work Britt
eastmidswhizzkid

timsinister wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 14:52 I must commiserate with you on trying to mimic Sisters tracks, they're fiendish! Keep up the good work Britt
its subjective surely? the Smurphs managed it. you lot must have cuz i cant imagine Mark or Alister or you settling for less. add to that the simple fact that almost every fucker who covers a TSOM song -a distinctly different endeavour from tributing- seem unable to interpret the songs in any style other than a corny pastiche (see what i did there?) of t'original..

timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Thanks Lee! Yep pretty subjective, but that reference to the drum patterning is so true - they're really precise and subtle and it's difficult for the rest of the band to take their timing from it - especially the singer! I firmly believe half of Andrew's brain is a direct interface with Doktor Avalanche!
eastmidswhizzkid

timsinister wrote: 10 Aug 2021, 16:12 Thanks Lee! Yep pretty subjective, but that reference to the drum patterning is so true - they're really precise and subtle and it's difficult for the rest of the band to take their timing from it - especially the singer! I firmly believe half of Andrew's brain is a direct interface with Doktor Avalanche!
we will have to agree to disagree (with us both knowing i am right lol.) if you cant count to 4 inna 'bum-tit bum-tit bum-tit bum-tit' style then maybe being a musician isnt for you . of course i AM a drummer so... :P