Doctor Who

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
karin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Christopher Eccleston to play the new Dr Who. :notworthy: Not sure it will work though , he's too gorgeous ( sigh ) :D
Zwei bier bitte.....
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Works for me.....

Though i would have preffered Paul Mgann to do it again...... and then re-generate into Richard E Grant..... how cool would that be :)

Doomie. your thoughts as the resident Dr Who bod please...

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
karin

I wouldn't know about Paul McGann I've hardly watched it for 30 years :innocent: Totally up for The Eccleston though. even if I don't think he's that good at comedy and I think the Dr. needs that tongue in cheek element. It will be interesting to see how he plays it.
Zwei bier bitte.....
Thea
Overbomber

Bill Bailey. i saw him doing "proper" serious acting in something a while ago and he seemed right for it... failing that, maybe Alan Davis (i think that's his name... played Jonathan Creek...) the first series of JC was a bit like Dr Who without the sci-fi (think the earth-bound pertwee episodes) Or the other one i'd like to see would be tom baker taking back his role. reverse regenerations?
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

he he.... Tom back !!!!! if only....

Paddy.
karin

Don't mind me.. :roll: ( fer f**k sake)
Zwei bier bitte.....
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

/me hugs Karin.....

Paddy.
Dan
Overbomber

Christopher Eccleston? I've never heard of him so he gets my vote. If they'd have picked someone well known instead of being Dr Who he'd have been (that bloke) from (that show), which would have been crap.
The BBC are jerks though, the'll probably ruin it by bringing back the sodding daleks.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Think bill nighy would've been cool. thought it was him, some papers did :eek:

we tried to invite him to the pub, but he wasn't having any of it :oops: :twisted: :P

Ah, he might be a bit busy :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0631490/

Two of my favourite things in that list ;D
Goths have feelings too
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Chris Eccleston is a f*cking excellent actor. I saw his Hamlet at the West Yorkshire Playhouse a while back. :notworthy: Is Dr Who being filmed at BBC Leeds? Because I've seen Mr Eccleston jogging past our office a couple of times recently.

FYI Dan, he was in "Cracker" if that's any help?
This is he:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

Dan wrote:Christopher Eccleston? I've never heard of him so he gets my vote. If they'd have picked someone well known instead of being Dr Who he'd have been (that bloke) from (that show), which would have been crap.
what the f**k are you on about? christopher eccleston is one of the leading british actors of his generation and the incredible thing is that the beeb have managed to convince him to take on the role of the doctor when he could be off making more hollywood blockbusters....
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

RicheyJames wrote:
Dan wrote:Christopher Eccleston? I've never heard of him so he gets my vote. If they'd have picked someone well known instead of being Dr Who he'd have been (that bloke) from (that show), which would have been crap.
what the f**k are you on about? christopher eccleston is one of the leading british actors of his generation and the incredible thing is that the beeb have managed to convince him to take on the role of the doctor when he could be off making more hollywood blockbusters....
Ah, well, the thing is, he's not a Hollywood whore like other British actors of his generation *cough*Ewan McGregor*cough*
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

I'm really pleased about Mr Ecclestone. I was secretly hoping against hope for Anthony Head, but that was never going to happen and would have led them in a more lighthearted direction anyway. Ecclestone has charisma and gravitas, and I assume / hope that casting him means they want to take Doctor Who in a darker direction. I want to see blood!

I can imagine him doing scared or angry or moody better than anyone since Tom Baker, my all-time fave (though that's probably just cos I was ten when he was Doctor). Still, I am happy.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Mmm. Christopher Ecclestone eh? An actual, proper actor :eek:

Out of the names that were being bandied about, I did like the idea of Bill Nightly, but I couldn't get the image of a hybrid of Victor Meldrew and William Hartnell out of my head ("Daleks!! I don't believe it!!" etc. etc.).

So now that's out of the way, are they going to put in a regeneration scene or wot, seeing as McGann says he's really got nowt to do with it anymore? Or doesn't he count as The Doctor?

Can we see Tom Baker again, please, please, please?
Dan
Overbomber

Mrs. Snowey wrote:So now that's out of the way, are they going to put in a regeneration scene or wot, seeing as McGann says he's really got nowt to do with it anymore? Or doesn't he count as The Doctor?
Personally I'd be quite happy the McGann thing never happened. Perhaps have McCoy wake from a really bad dream that shocks him so much he regenerates. :twisted:
JansenClone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:Chris Eccleston is a f*cking excellent actor. I saw his Hamlet at the West Yorkshire Playhouse a while back. :notworthy:
All my fears about that production proved true. Quite the worst overwrought reading by Mr. Eccleston, and I've seen quite a few. A tragic play, yes, but there is meant to be a build up. Awful, quite, quite awful. Don't get me started on the disasterous Ophelia either...
I am a Leeds United fan because I was very naughty in a previous life.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

the role of the doc is a bit of a career-stopper isn't it? :urff:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Debaser
Overbomber

Now I really fancied, whatsizface to play the Doctor, erm, you know thingy, Sheriff of Nottingham, Truly, Madly, Deeply blokey

Alan blimmin Rickman - THAT'S the chap. Now he'd have been flippin marvellous
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Johhny Vaughn ??

:)

Paddy.
karin

Padstar wrote:/me hugs Karin.....

Paddy.
Thanks Pads. I'm not in a huff now.
Zwei bier bitte.....
karin

markfiend wrote: Is Dr Who being filmed at BBC Leeds? Because I've seen Mr Eccleston jogging past our office a couple of times recently.

This is he:
Hmmmm.....So Markfiend..... I'm suddenly very intrested in where you work. Could I come and hang out ? You know just to check out the carpets and stuff.... :innocent: :wink:
Zwei bier bitte.....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

JansenClone wrote:All my fears about that production proved true. Quite the worst overwrought reading by Mr. Eccleston, and I've seen quite a few. A tragic play, yes, but there is meant to be a build up. Awful, quite, quite awful. Don't get me started on the disasterous Ophelia either...
:eek: Fair enough. Agree to disagree, eh? ;D
karin wrote:Hmmmm.....So Markfiend..... I'm suddenly very intrested in where you work. Could I come and hang out ? You know just to check out the carpets and stuff.... :innocent: :wink:
We don't have carpets. Laminate wood floor. :P

But sure, pop down, I can't guarantee he'll show though.

I saw Terry Waite outside here once too.
—Bertrand Russell
Andy TG
Overbomber

Bill Bailey gets my vote - he is "Tom Baker" of the 21st Century!
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Just seen Mr CE wandering along The Calls (in Leeds) again...
—Bertrand Russell
Angelchild

Can I be put in the que behind Karin please?
Mr Eccleston is a fine fellow :wink:
"Ohne deine hilfe verliere
Ich mich in diesem ort"