Those 46 ers...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
canon docre
Overbomber

nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Well its sad when anyone resorts to this...

I remember the lead singer of Big Country doing the same thing 1/2 a mile from my place in Hawaii... I think there's something about being an 80s popstar which can really f**k you up... all the success and then nothing. Gotta mess with the head.
James Blast
Banned

46 is a very dangerous age, I know
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
canon docre
Overbomber

Have you got any internal knowledge of being an 80s popstar yourself, Blast, or is the 46-blues something that will eventually plague everybody?
James Blast
Banned

the latter canon, sadly :(
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
canon docre
Overbomber

I 'm glad you survived that fateful year, Blast! Unlike Mr. H.
Mr E. has yet to prove his endurance.
Black Biscuit
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Interesting. Only heard about this a couple of hours ago myself. Crowded House were part of a lengthy interview show on Aussie TV ("60 Minutes", I think) after the band split up. Hester seemed the most 'sensitive artist' one of the lot.

Finn, during the band's farewell gig on the steps of Sydney Opera House, had the eyes of a guy going through overload stress levels that mirror battle fatigue. I've seen that look before and it is instantly recognizeable.

Hester said the sychophant aspects of fame "scared the s**t out of me". It was okay when people said "great album, Paul", but the star system in America took it to a stage where houseguests would suck up to him with comments like "grreat cup of tea, Paul" :notworthy:
.... there is no semblance of rock 'n roll around here!
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Bloody hell!! Sad news indeed.
Only a paand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

James Blast wrote:46 is a very dangerous age, I know
i'm not getting any keener to achieve it..
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:
James Blast wrote:46 is a very dangerous age, I know
i'm not getting any keener to achieve it..
Which is your prefered alternative? Failing to achieve it?

:?
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

que sera sera!

no, but it doesn't bode well...

i might BE 46 by the time i've written this essay.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Black Biscuit
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

A friend who was not into music not very much at all once began discoursing earnestly on the blandness of Crowded House lyrics: staring out the window while doing the dishes, walking around the flat, etc...
.... there is no semblance of rock 'n roll around here!