Black Friday

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

Thank you one and all for the good vibes :notworthy:
I really do need them right now
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

James Blast wrote:well done Mr. and Mrs. Alice I applaud you :notworthy:
and again, thank you for your good vibes
I really do need them right now

You're more than welcome - its important to feel that some people are on your side at a time like this. Its all too easy for your world view to narrow to the point of crap you're having to deal with at work.

We're here ;D
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
James Blast
Banned

well said Alice you're world view does shrink when you are undermined, you folks have been a Mission song to me :wink:

T

o

S

:D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Andy TG
Overbomber

ruffers wrote:Isn't there something in The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy about those who want power being by definition those who are least suitable for it?

All the best mr blast.
As to reference the HHGTG - You are correct - I cant quite remember the quote but those who want top be in ultimate power are ultimately least likely to qualify. This lead to the 6 galactic "Leaders" consulting a weird, old man in a shack!

It should be said he did/does have a cat - whom he calls The Lord. Also he does not get "involved" with people - or anyhting outside the door to his shack in fact. Plus he has talked to his table for a week to see how it would "react" :eek:
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Andy TG
Overbomber

@ My Celtic Soul Brother

Give Them Hell - its a JOB not your life !

I remember the old addage (is there such a word?)

Your job revolves arounds your life and NOT the other way around!

PM me if you want to chat etc - you know what I mean!
Last edited by Andy TG on 14 May 2005, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Yes. All I can offer is :

1. Have your day in court: give 'em laldy with the attempted character assassination;

2. Fcuk 'em off. They should be grateful you felt you needed to go back. Stuff 'em. And not in a nice way :twisted: You don't need "people" like that.
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
James Blast
Banned

you people are Stars!
~ Peter Steele
Delilah

James Blast wrote:you people are Stars!
James, jobs are like husbands, you've got to change them sometimes!!! Sorry, being cynical again :twisted: :twisted:
take care and don't think about all that work cr*p now! It is the weekend!!!
James Blast
Banned

It is indeed the weekend, the weather has been fantstic, I have the place to myself, great sounds (courtesy of you lovely people on here), plenty of chilled Holsten and a warm glass of Ozzie Cab Sauv!

I'm minted! :D
~ Peter Steele
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

James I can't offer any advice other than what's already been said, but good luck! Is there anyone at work (that can be trusted) to support you and back you up on anything? I'd imagine you're not the only one being shat on. Then again, involving others might not help.
Petseri
Overbomber

Delilah wrote:James, jobs are like husbands, you've got to change them sometimes!!!
James, have you replaced your husband recently? http://www.firststreetonline.com/expand ... age=27027a
christophe
Overbomber

I know the feeling of working with people I can't stand, luckaly I have a job that isn't very demanding of my person and isn't very mind consuming.
we always have to sacrefice something for our jobs but be sure you make the right ones!
if I could give you a word of advice... if they really are after you, Just leave. don't care about the reaction because your heath if mush more important than any kind of trouble/reaction leaving would generate.
Another Shade of You.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

christophe wrote:mind consuming
I have a feeling that gained something in translation. It certainly describes my job.
анархия
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

What a day for it to happen on, too. Hope it went well, sir. Enjoy your weekend, y'ave earned it!
christophe
Overbomber

smiscandlon wrote:
christophe wrote:mind consuming
I have a feeling that gained something in translation. It certainly describes my job.
my job is....
making the same old tabels the intire day, 5 days a week. over and over again..
once you have done it once you haven't have to think again. :?
Another Shade of You.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

hang on in there, Mr Blast - you'll manage to pull through (and win your day in court at the same time!)
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Good luck to you, sir Blast!

Always remember that at the end of the day, they need YOU, you don't need THEM.

When you are a qualified enough person (and I just KNOW you are ;) ), you will find another and a better job.

Or you can always start to work for me, designing posters, tees and lp artwork ;)

Best of luck sir, and if I can give you another piece of advice: life is too interesting to let it be ruined by a crappy job.

Cheerz!

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Good Luck James!!!!!!! :kiss:
James Blast
Banned

Libby! I was waiting for you, thankee :D
~ Peter Steele
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

sorry James but I haven't been near a computer since thursday until just now :wink:
canon docre
Overbomber

Blast, may all forces be with you! At the end of the day, it will all turn out fine. :wink:

Confide in me :von:
JansenClone

Good luck, and watch the post...
I am a Leeds United fan because I was very naughty in a previous life.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Well, you know what they say, no-one ever lay on their deathbed wishing they'd spent more time at the office.
Francis wrote:Take the money. Take the p*ss. Surf the net. Enjoy the scenery.
Works for me.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Big Si
School Bully

markfiend wrote:Well, you know what they say, no-one ever lay on their deathbed wishing they'd spent more time at the office.
Francis wrote:Take the money. Take the p*ss. Surf the net. Enjoy the scenery.
Works for me.
Me too! :twisted:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Black Biscuit
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Some things in the world of business are NOT for the faint of heart. It gets easier with experience. Here are a few tips:

The more real you think money is, the harder you will work for it. A big bottle of Scotch and a telephone are all you need. Just make calls. When you can live this way and recognize fear and worry as death threats written in a language you can't read, you'll be right.

Find a business mentor. What would Eldo say to you about all of this? Consult. My mentor is/was a brutal thug of a man, a killer. The first thing that happened to me was I was bashed. The second thing? I was bashed again. All his broken boned, punch-drunk scattered-ness and the fact that he was always-as-pissed-as-a-fart was really quite interesting when he started doing TV, let me tell you. (They just sat him in a chair.)

You will definitely have to fight for things you want in this world. Depression is a result of holding anger in and not expressing it. It turns inward.
.... there is no semblance of rock 'n roll around here!