Vision Thing

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Black Biscuit
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

So it is said that AE is not a particularly spiritually minded person, more focused on day-to-day practicalities in the world. This would tie-in with his numerological chart, which reveals a heart for all humanity, a person more concerned with the population's practical survival than their spiritual nourishment.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/P ... 7wpbsq.asp

I am the power of mankind's soul,
The world of business I control.
Frugality can be my curse,
Rigid thinking can make it worse.
But underneath my seeming vanity
lies a heart for all humanity.
Popes, generals and politicians great
have given much to mankinds fate.
Like medicine I'm hard so swallow,
but I bring justice if you follow.
Last edited by Black Biscuit on 03 Jul 2005, 09:44, edited 1 time in total.
.... there is no semblance of rock 'n roll around here!
Black Biscuit

Thomas Malthus was a Scottish priest who became an economist to examine issues to do with the distribution of wealth, seeing as there was not enough to go around. Much of western society is built upon Malthusian economic theory, yet there isn't a shortage of money in the world, just a scarcity mentality.
Black Biscuit

Sorting through all the BS can be a fulltime job. And I am often of the opinon that BS is a more powerful force than God. But step by step over the couse of many years I am piecing together an overview of how some of these organizations really work. It's like the way Big Business and Chambers of Commerce operate with their faggoty secret clubs and information sharing. I know a guy in the US who has been known to kill people over (money) business deals gone wrong. And a guy who studied at the same college as me and then went to start his business in seedy, seamy, big Bangkok got his brains blown out while walking down a crowded Bangfuckingkok sidewalk. From out of the crowd, someone pulled out a handgun at point blank range and blew him away in broad daylight at the tender age of 35. That's how they do things there. They do it over there, but we don't do it here. It's like being pursued down the middle of the road by a wild boar. Some people, like creeps in big business, can only be harmed monetarily. But if they send me $500,000 in cash I'll forget about 'em, until next time. :wink:
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

Talking to yourself is a sign of madness.
James Blast
Banned

I play VT more than Floodland these days, I also reckon the 6 piece* Tony James line-up was the best rock'n'roll outfit, EVER!

*guitar (2), bass/posing, drum machine, keyboards/girlie backing vox, singist/sunglasses/bad shirts = 6
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:I play VT more than Floodland these days, I also reckon the 6 piece* Tony James line-up was the best rock'n'roll outfit, EVER!

*guitar (2), bass/posing, drum machine, keyboards/girlie backing vox, singist/sunglasses/bad shirts = 6
I ripped all the songs onto my computer and made a compilation disc of my favourite Sisters songs.

SGWBM and the compilation disc set is what I generally listen to these days.

This is what's on the disc:

1: Body & Soul
2: Marian [Version]
3: Nine While Nine
4: Amphetamine Logic
5: Some Kind Of Stranger
6: Driven Like The Snow
7: Torch
8: Something Fast
9: Under The Gun
10: Temple Of Love (1992)
11: Summer
12: We Are The Same Susanne
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Mine would be:

1: The Damage Done/Watch (live)
2: Anaconda
3: Floorshow
4: Fix (Craig Adams Vocals)
5: Driver
6: Wide Receiver
7: Body Electric (12" mix)
8: On The Wire/Teachers/On The Wire (Exxile On Euphoria bootleg)
9: Bury Me Deep
10: A Rock And A Hard Place (Mack Mix)
11: Untitled (Demo)
12:Torch
13: When You Don't See Me
14: Highschool
15: War On Drugs (Victorian Night bootleg)
16: Comfortably Numb/Some Kind Of Stranger (live - 21/12/1993)

At 79 minutes and 12 seconds, so it'll JUST fit on a CD-R, I think it's safe to say that THAT'S a compilation of the Sisters to be proud of.

I've never heard a version of CN/SKOS as good as that one.
Last edited by Dark on 04 Jul 2005, 07:44, edited 1 time in total.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

I see a new thread beckoning...
Francis
Overbomber

BODY ELECTRIC
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Black Biscuit

What is the Body And Soul 12" Mix? Lifted off SBWBM perhaps? I believe there was only ever one version of B&S.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Oops, I meant Body Electric 12" Mix (sorry Francis).

Edited :innocent: