Tube Chaos In London

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:
Mrs RicheyJames wrote:I hope these BNP fuckwits realise this.
Me too. IIUC there was an "incident" at a Mosque in Armley earlier this week; I wouldn't be surprised if the big one in Leeds 6 goes up this weekend. I saw some vaguely skinhead-looking people filling up a large container with diesel last night; that gave me cause for concern. Does diesel work as well as petrol in petrol bombs does anyone know?

I'm aware that I might be being paranoid, but I'm getting jumpy. The cordoned off suspected "bomb factory" on Alexandra Grove is less than a mile from my house and I pass it every day on the way to/from work.
hot summers are usually riot time in bradford too :urff:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
hallucienate
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
Mrs RicheyJames wrote:I hope these BNP fuckwits realise this.
Me too. IIUC there was an "incident" at a Mosque in Armley earlier this week; I wouldn't be surprised if the big one in Leeds 6 goes up this weekend. I saw some vaguely skinhead-looking people filling up a large container with diesel last night; that gave me cause for concern. Does diesel work as well as petrol in petrol bombs does anyone know?

I'm aware that I might be being paranoid, but I'm getting jumpy. The cordoned off suspected "bomb factory" on Alexandra Grove is less than a mile from my house and I pass it every day on the way to/from work.
diesel don't burn like petrol.
ruffers
Overbomber

Just read this about
"Plans by an alliance of rightwing extremists and football hooligans to exact "revenge" on Muslims after last week's bomb attacks are being monitored by police. "

The only positive thing in there is that the BNP didn't manage to get a council seat depsite trying to whip things up on an election brochure with a picture of the bus.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Sto ... 33,00.html

Worrying times.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

I'll be busy at work soon then!!
Only a paand.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

markfiend wrote: The cordoned off suspected "bomb factory" on Alexandra Grove is less than a mile from my house and I pass it every day on the way to/from work.
there's an easy solution to that mark - move! you're not a student anymore so why are you still living in bloody burley?
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol: Moving house would entail expenses which would in turn entail me not being able to sustain the lifestyle to which I have become accustomed. :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

RicheyJames wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:and these are not my theories.if you remember,we were discussing items posted elsewhere.
really? was this not you then:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:apart from taking the heat off of g.w.bush's (lack of) enviromental commitments at the g8 -not to mention all the lovely new freedom-restricting laws that will ensue.id cards anybody?- would we (london) have still got the olympics if the bombing had happened two days before?i think not.
and another thing- the general election wasnt so long ago.if the intent was the same as is assumed with regard to madrid (ie influencing the electorate against involvement in iraq) why not then?
i didn't see anyone else making those particular points?
<yawns> ...oh well if you insist:
all of these points (except maybe the one about the olympics,admittedly that was suggested by a friend of my missus') are amongst the many related articles on the net;doubtless these are on the whole unread by yourself.paraphrasing them makes them no more my creations than the direct quoting of another by james blast makes that his creation.

as for being baseless,the fact is that any terror action against UK pr its allies is used to bring in tougher laws with less parlimentary resistance than they may otherwise have had.you yourself share my concern over id cards,the main stated government reason being as an anti-terrorism measure.even though the london bombers were british citizens (and would presumably have been carrying id cards were that legislation in place) do you think that will stop the gov't expediting the proposal in the name of security?
as for bush and the enviroment,friends of the earth and other "green" pressure groups have already condemned the lack of us cmmitment at the g8;saying that "there is unlikely to be any change in american enviromental practice whilst bush is president."

these things do not deflect from "real problems".they are simply other cosiderations.

finally,i have no problem with people disagreeing with me -though of course it is up to them to then convince me of their point of view,if they wish me to adopt it.
i don't percieve it as foolish to consider less "obvious" factors;nor do i condemn those who choose to ignore them.however,your intolerance of others debating things with which you do not agree leads me to assume you have a blinkered view.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
James Blast
Banned

I'm staying well out of this
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
eastmidswhizzkid

James Blast wrote:I'm staying well out of this
tedious,isn't it?
once again,if everyones sick of it then i'll shut up.

Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Naught wrong with a healthy discussion, methinks...

As long as it does not get too heated, whatwith all the hot air nowadays already ;)

When we stop debating and discussing these events, it only becomes worse :urff:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
James Blast
Banned

I'm more than happy for the pair of you to slug it out, I can't compete and I was only making a what I thought was humorous aside, seconds out...
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
eastmidswhizzkid

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Naught wrong with a healthy discussion, methinks...

As long as it does not get too heated, whatwith all the hot air nowadays already ;)

When we stop debating and discussing these events, it only becomes worse :urff:

IZ.
all fair points, Iz. :notworthy:
James Blast wrote: I was only making what i thought was a humorous aside
sorry mr blast (again!). :notworthy:
but i value my participation here at HL(and therefore other HLers) enough to double-check (and sometimes actually care) whether a point is being overly laboured.
Last edited by eastmidswhizzkid on 16 Jul 2005, 00:59, edited 1 time in total.

culprit
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:seconds out...
now, don't start a debate on that... :wink:
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
Francis
Overbomber

Can I do my Vera Lynn joke yet?
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
James Blast
Banned

only if it doesn't involve the word meat
~ Peter Steele