midi files galore!!!

Do you do a TSOM-related website? Do you know any cool TSOM websites? Sites listed here may be about anything to do with The Sisters: lyrics, tours, photos, biographies, interviews, etc. Post your URLs along with a short description of the website here.

Note: Please post links about trading Sisters memorabilia or your personal collection in the Trading section.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

_emma_ wrote:They can serve as ringtones for mobile phones. That's all I know.
And it's pretty much all these ones are good for ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I hate to be so daft, but can anyone explain to me HOW to make one of these groovy midi files my ringtone? Is it possible? I have an LG VX8600 phone (very cool, by the way)... any help will be greatly appreciated... Thanks!
more-sedatives-pls
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

:eek:

this must be the oldest thread ever
Post #1 Posted: Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think we ought to call the Guiness Book guys - this thread existed before the internet.
Immodium for the people
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

bismarck wrote:
I hate to be so daft, but can anyone explain to me HOW to make one of these groovy midi files my ringtone? Is it possible? I have an LG VX8600 phone (very cool, by the way)... any help will be greatly appreciated... Thanks!
Have you got a data cable or bluetooth connection between your phone and computer? If so, you should be able to just put a MIDI file onto your phone with that.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eotunun
Overbomber

more-sedatives-pls wrote::eek:

this must be the oldest thread ever
Post #1 Posted: Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think we ought to call the Guiness Book guys - this thread existed before the internet.
The kind of magic only Heartland can do! :wink:
There is shadow under this red rock
Fallen_Twilight
Road Kill

I know this thread is old (started in 1970!!??) but I'm hoping someone out there still has/or knows where to find the Midi files for Heartland, Flood I and Flood II.

Thanks, I appreciate your time :D
damagedone

Great but can't open the midi files page no more
Keep Music Evil
Being645
Above the Chemist

maybe, don't know since I didn't try

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic. ... light=midi
Fallen_Twilight
Road Kill

Wow, Thank you the Megaupload had the files I was looking for.
damagedone

got them,way too much fun playing with these midi.

thanx again :D
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Indeed - I recently hookep up my old yamaha XG expander to play duke nukem 3d with better sounding music. It still sounds a bit cheesy but way better compared to windows basic midi software-synth.
Husek

Being645 wrote:maybe, don't know since I didn't try

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic. ... light=midi
I've just bumped that topic right now :lol:
Snub Nose(TNO) Its another missing MIDI.
I think we should start a page at our wiki called 'MIDIS' and upload all we got.
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Being645
Above the Chemist

There is a page in the Wiki called Ringtones ...

Perhaps, it's what you're looking for, but it's very old anyway and hasn't been updated for years ...
don't know whether anything on there does work or whether it's something completely different ... :oops: ...

If this ringtones thing is about Midi files, we might think about renaming that page for better recognition ...

If not so, a Midi page is surely a very good idea ... ;D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

Well basically, I could do it. Fact is, however, that I do know nothing

about loading such files to my mobile since I hardly ever had one

and therefore never looked into that matter ... :oops: ...

Having a ringtone of Crash & Burn or Arms where absolutely nice ... ;D ;D ;D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

So if anyone wants to take the effort to update that Ringtones Page or create a Sisters Midi Files Page,
he or she is highly encouraged to either do so, or instruct me about this function and those files here, so that I can do it

... *always prepared to learn ... :D ...
Husek

Being645 wrote:There is a page in the Wiki called Ringtones ...

Perhaps, it's what you're looking for, but it's very old anyway and hasn't been updated for years ...
don't know whether anything on there does work or whether it's something completely different ... :oops: ...

If this ringtones thing is about Midi files, we might think about renaming that page for better recognition ...

If not so, a Midi page is surely a very good idea ... ;D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

Having a ringtone of Crash & Burn or Arms where absolutely nice ... ;D ;D ;D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

So if anyone wants to take the effort to update that Ringtones Page or create a Sisters Midi Files Page,
he or she is highly encouraged to either do so, or instruct me about this function and those files here, so that I can do it

Not exactly what i'm looking for :lol:, but good enought for who it's using midis only to to ringtones lol.

Being645, MIDI files can be used to a lot of things, i can translate them in Tabs/Chords and/or Music Sheet for example.
Ah, Doktor Avalanche it's based on MIDIS btw.

If you want to learn something else about midis(and how it works on Doktor), do a quick research for Midi sequencer,Logic Studio, VST,VSTI and AU.
When you finish this research you 'll be able to Nuse the Doktor :lol: :lol:
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Being645
Above the Chemist

Husek wrote:
Being645 wrote:There is a page in the Wiki called Ringtones ...

Not exactly what i'm looking for :lol:, but good enought for who it's using midis only to to ringtones lol.

Being645, MIDI files can be used to a lot of things, i can translate them in Tabs/Chords and/or Music Sheet for example.
Ah, Doktor Avalanche it's based on MIDIS btw.

If you want to learn something else about midis(and how it works on Doktor), do a quick research for Midi sequencer,Logic Studio, VST,VSTI and AU.
When you finish this research you 'll be able to Nuse the Doktor :lol: :lol:
... and create an according Wiki page, I guess ... :twisted: :lol: ...
lordofthepies
Road Kill

flakk13 wrote:Ooops, many of them are mine. Made them while at university with far too much time on my hands...

Sorry.
A few years late to the party here but just wondered if it was you who created the midi file for the extended version of Temple of Love? And do you mind if I use it? The drum track is really well done, I've been messing around with it hoping I can get my mate to do a bit of singing if he ever comes for a visit. Here's where I am so far, just threw it down warts and all so that I can get the structure but I love the drums https://youtu.be/bJp3C783XeE
flakk13
Amphetamine Filth

lordofthepies wrote:
flakk13 wrote:Ooops, many of them are mine. Made them while at university with far too much time on my hands...

Sorry.
A few years late to the party here but just wondered if it was you who created the midi file for the extended version of Temple of Love? And do you mind if I use it? The drum track is really well done, I've been messing around with it hoping I can get my mate to do a bit of singing if he ever comes for a visit. Here's where I am so far, just threw it down warts and all so that I can get the structure but I love the drums https://youtu.be/bJp3C783XeE
Probably me. Feel free to use it anyway you like.
floodlantx
Road Kill

I'm looking More in midi format. There is a great version but it's just the intro.

https://freemidi.org/download3-12748-mo ... s-of-mercy

and is good but doesn't seem right in parts (that don't seem nervous)

https://musescore.com/user/19191626/scores/5018708

I could can probably figure out the rest but I will say AE is sneaky subtle with arrangements. To me it sounds like he reverses the piano phrase once the guitars kick in. Also the song does not start on beat 1 measure 1. Instead it starts on the end of "4-and-a." Causes havoc in a sequencer.
Pista
Cureboi

Hello floodlantx & welcome to HL :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
majorsixth
Road Kill

That sheet music seems accurate and also pretty useful, thanks for posting it!
I have fairly wooden ears but the piano line to me to stay the same during the chorus - it follows the chords together with the guitar, through Cm, F, and Eb.