Allister Farquar

Know the whereabouts of any ex-Sisters members or hangers-on? Got any amusing anecdotes about members of the band, past or present? Post 'em here...
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

This is more a telling everyone about a story I heard than asking where someone is, but I thought here would be a good place as it relates to a kind of ex-Sisters man. Feel free to shift it. 8)

So,

Sisters. Dominion. Top Of The Pops. There was a small guy with a Harley Davidson t-shirt on, making a terrible job of pretending to play guitar & stood behind Von.

Whilst out this weekend just gone, an (older, with loads of story's) mate informed me that the guy in question was an old friend of his called Allister Farquar, it was my mate's guitar being used, & because the guitar wasn't what it looked like (Argos Squire looking like a Strat for eg) Eldritch insisted that the make be covered up in sticky black tape. Fair enough.

He also said Von hardly knew the guy, though how he came to being on Top Of The Pops he couldn't remember, & that the guy himself was a bit of a nutter & possibly now lives as a monk!

Short & sweet & could be a complete load of b*llocks but I thought I'd share it anyway. :wink:
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
James Blast
Banned

And I allas heard it was James Ray. :eek:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dan
Overbomber

I've not seen the clip for years but I think James Ray was on keyboard?
bushman*pm
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

i always thought it was john prescot!
:lol: :lol:
LAND ROVER: THE BEAST FOUR BY FOUR BY FEAR! KICKS THE ARSE OFF RICEBURNERS!
James Blast
Banned

bushman*pm wrote:i always thought it was john prescot!
that's a lie and you know it, you post counting whore! :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
bushman*pm
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:
bushman*pm wrote:i always thought it was john prescot!
that's a lie and you know it, you post counting whore! :lol:

keep trying but i see your'e still behind me!

oo-er missus!
:lol:
LAND ROVER: THE BEAST FOUR BY FOUR BY FEAR! KICKS THE ARSE OFF RICEBURNERS!
James Blast
Banned

a day in the sun.....

that's all
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Anyone got a copy knocking around to post a screenshot? My DVDs are at home.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Dark
Underneath the Rock

James Ray, IIRC, also mimed sax on Dominion. Dunno if this is him doing so on some other show (Roxy?)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Well found. How come that didn't come up when I searched youtube for Sisters mercy dominion I wonder. :?:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Dunno. I think I just typed in "dominion sisters". *shrug*
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Gonna try & get a screenshot/video on here for this Farquar guy so all who haven't got the vid/DVD can see him.

His guitar solo part on it is so laughable I honesty don't think he'd heard the song before.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Purple Light wrote:Gonna try & get a screenshot/video on here for this Farquar guy so all who haven't got the vid/DVD can see him.

His guitar solo part on it is so laughable I honesty don't think he'd heard the song before.
hmm. do you think eldritch would ever get a person called "Farquar" to play with the sisters? even it if he was only miming for one tv appearence? :lol: ;D

sounds a bit like someone was pulling your leg :?:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
bookish
Road Kill

Dark wrote:James Ray, IIRC, also mimed sax on Dominion.
You know, I've always thought it was an oboe.

D'oh.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
Purple Light wrote:Gonna try & get a screenshot/video on here for this Farquar guy so all who haven't got the vid/DVD can see him.

hmm. do you think eldritch would ever get a person called "Farquar" to play with the sisters? even it if he was only miming for one tv appearence? :lol: ;D

sounds a bit like someone was pulling your leg :?:
It is a cracking name to be fair!

I think the bloke was telling the truth simply because he described the guy in the vid perfectly & he's not really a Sisters fan so he won't have a copy of it.

Still trying to work out how to get a pic on here... :oops:
Took a pic on my phone, e-mailed the pic from my phone to my proper e-mail address but can't seem to get it on here. I'm fighting a losing battle. :(
robertzombie
Overbomber

Hey, I have the said clip on a dvd somewhere, I can post a screenshot later on/tomorrow unless someone beats me to it :)
Klasp
Road Kill

I can confirm said chap is indeed Allister Farquhar.