Rubber Leather Plastic

Know the whereabouts of any ex-Sisters members or hangers-on? Got any amusing anecdotes about members of the band, past or present? Post 'em here...
leeds6
Road Kill

at the ass end of leeds 6 goth bands in 1988-1989! we were out and about playing gigs in leeds and bradford. supped another cuba, rosetta and creaming jesus from memory. other local bands were bastard, proud flesh, purple eternal and mdma. phil cass (v), jon gibbon (g) and mikey melaugh (d) / - not heard from them in YEARS / i'm in rome these days but for the record, I was bassist in rubber leather p.
anita granger who passed away last year was on the phono scene back then - rest in peace - hope everyone else is ok.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Awww...bless! Welcome to our forum dear leeds6! :D
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I think I saw you guys at that club down the New York Road (I think? ) around 1990ish? IIRC the night was called 'Snake Dance'. Helen Campbell used to organise it (I'm still in touch with Helen if you remember her.)

I remember Bastard, Greg was at the Sisters 'secret gig' at Joseph's Well in '05 and I had a bit of a natter with him. I think I saw MDMA once, did they have anything to do with Utah Saints or did I dream that? :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

markfiend wrote:I think I saw MDMA once, did they have anything to do with Utah Saints or did I dream that? :lol:
Jez Willis.
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
leeds6
Road Kill

mdma's final 12" vinyl release had a track called 'utah saints' on the B side. jez willis was living down past the royal park pub in '89, he used to pass by jonny's furniture shop most days. mdma were great live, they had some electro pads, simmons I think & jez was either bass or vox or both. saw them at the duchess. I have the 12" of 'eyes wide open' and a cd compilation with a couple of versions of 'wild' on there. we were in touch on myspace a year ago about a pal of mine who was in empirion in the mid-nineties and now has another electro project on the hoof.
leeds6
Road Kill

markfiend wrote:I think I saw you guys at that club down the New York Road (I think? ) around 1990ish? IIRC the night was called 'Snake Dance'. Helen Campbell used to organise it (I'm still in touch with Helen if you remember her.)

I remember Bastard, Greg was at the Sisters 'secret gig' at Joseph's Well in '05 and I had a bit of a natter with him. I think I saw MDMA once, did they have anything to do with Utah Saints or did I dream that? :lol:
I can only remember from those days... jo lawrence, linzi rosetti, anita granger (rip), michelle corns, andy and the cloggies who trashed that house, martin that permanently shaded goth, daniel the new romantic kid, nick from brighton, chappie and that moz the tall asf bloke, other phono people but no idea of names, just 'phono people'! + all those crusties and animal rights people bla bla bla! didn't run into helen tho :-/
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I remember Linzi, Anita (RIP), Michelle, Martin (now with very short hair and no shades! :lol:) Danny, and I still bump into Chappie from time to time at my local.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
leeds6
Road Kill

well at one point it was me, linzi, jo and michelle living in some back to back off the brudenells. michelle was pining for chappie, anita and I dated for a few months when she lived on moorland road a few doors down from our drummer mikey and jo was with that sean lad from the top of meanwood ridge before she ended up with daniel by which time (1990) i'd moved down to london for poly, wraith, TG and the slimelight. not necessarily in that order.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Michelle lived on -- oh, f*ck, what was it called, just off Victoria Road. Do you remember Riggy then?

Did you used to go to Ricky's on the Sunday night?

Are you called Martin?

*Edit: Ash Grove?
—Bertrand Russell
leeds6
Road Kill

she did live up there at one point yes, moved to leeds from barnsley in 89. first time I heard 'too dark park' by skinny puppy was at hers. clubs: really just the phono and one off goth nights & gigs + the faversham and drinking in the royal park + a few pubs in town 90% all long gone now :-/ I remember the name riggy and i'm not martin!

peter

(I link to a photo of rubber leather plastic at kirkstall abbey, i'm on the right) - annie ritson took it, my bro still lives almost opposite the abbey near the vesper gate pub.

http://www.vulcantours.com/rlp.jpg
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

I don't know anyone you're talking about :lol:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Agghh I'd missed your last post LS6 (or perhaps I'll call you Peter as it's your name :lol: )

Your face looks familiar, and the bloke at the left looks like Bombhead from Hollyoaks. ;D

I live just of Kirkstall Road, about a mile away from the abbey. :lol: Small world (and it smells funny).
—Bertrand Russell
leeds6
Road Kill

Phil Cass is a regular drinker in the North Bar, Otley where he lives. Seen him a few times when I visit my bro.