Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
User avatar
H. Blackrose
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 237
Joined: 26 Jun 2005, 06:06
Location: laying down the long white line

Professional indexer here. You get what you pay for. Authors can't index their own work for the same reason they can't proofread it, they're too close to it.
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
User avatar
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 319
Joined: 21 Nov 2008, 17:48
Location: San Francisco

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
15 Nov 2021, 08:33
a lot of people saying how much they got a buzz out of seeing their name in print; yet with the exception of HL's Chaotician who can do whatever the f**k she wants by me,
Wait...I thought that vanity was the whole point of this? Desperate attempt to convince my kids I’m cool, etc.?

You’re all actually READING it? Freaks. (Except Lee, who can also do whatever the f**k he wants by me. 8) )
User avatar
Todashi
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 151
Joined: 21 Jun 2019, 09:53

Bit weird but I still haven't received my copy. I've actually seen my name printed on the supporters page online, but not in reality.
User avatar
panzerfaust
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 272
Joined: 15 Apr 2008, 12:21

Todashi wrote:
26 Nov 2021, 10:06
Bit weird but I still haven't received my copy. I've actually seen my name printed on the supporters page online, but not in reality.
when i asked in fb sisters group, mark andrews replied:

The wait for Unbound to join this EU scheme doesn't have a clear end point. It's "some time" away ... I don't know when they will be despatching those books to EU people who said they didn't want to pay customs and VAT charges.


So we can either reply to that email and pay the customs charges or wait
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 133
Joined: 06 Oct 2015, 20:15
Location: Belgium

panzerfaust wrote:
26 Nov 2021, 15:29
Todashi wrote:
26 Nov 2021, 10:06
Bit weird but I still haven't received my copy. I've actually seen my name printed on the supporters page online, but not in reality.
when i asked in fb sisters group, mark andrews replied:

The wait for Unbound to join this EU scheme doesn't have a clear end point. It's "some time" away ... I don't know when they will be despatching those books to EU people who said they didn't want to pay customs and VAT charges.


So we can either reply to that email and pay the customs charges or wait
Yes, that's s**t in miniature for you: no good for the UK business; no good for the EU consumer. If you are in the EU and haven't confirmed to Unbound that you are OK to pay customs and VAT (should they be imposed by the postal service), then email support@unbound.com and request that they dispatch the book and that you'll take your chances.
User avatar
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 753
Joined: 29 Nov 2006, 12:04
Location: off the shoulder of Orion

Zero rates for VAT on books and printed matter are used in Belgium, Denmark, Ireland, Finland, Sweden. Just fyi.

Loved the book Mark, couldn't put it down, enjoyed every page.
Not a real Doctor.
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 133
Joined: 06 Oct 2015, 20:15
Location: Belgium

MAndrews wrote:
26 Nov 2021, 17:18
panzerfaust wrote:
26 Nov 2021, 15:29
Todashi wrote:
26 Nov 2021, 10:06
Bit weird but I still haven't received my copy. I've actually seen my name printed on the supporters page online, but not in reality.
when i asked in fb sisters group, mark andrews replied:

The wait for Unbound to join this EU scheme doesn't have a clear end point. It's "some time" away ... I don't know when they will be despatching those books to EU people who said they didn't want to pay customs and VAT charges.


So we can either reply to that email and pay the customs charges or wait
Yes, that's s**t in miniature for you: no good for the UK business; no good for the EU consumer. If you are in the EU and haven't confirmed to Unbound that you are OK to pay customs and VAT (should they be imposed by the postal service), then email support@unbound.com and request that they dispatch the book and that you'll take your chances.
I said Brex- s**t!
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 133
Joined: 06 Oct 2015, 20:15
Location: Belgium

Dr. Moody wrote:
26 Nov 2021, 18:20
Zero rates for VAT on books and printed matter are used in Belgium, Denmark, Ireland, Finland, Sweden. Just fyi.

Loved the book Mark, couldn't put it down, enjoyed every page.
Right ... I get hit for two charges on packages coming into Belgium by BPost from outside EU. One is customs; I assumed the other was VAT/TVA. If not, I don't know what the hell it is. Usually adds up to €20+ Euros. Even got hit for that for an old Vive Le Rock that a UK mate sent me. I refused to pay it ... and they delivered it anyway.
User avatar
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 753
Joined: 29 Nov 2006, 12:04
Location: off the shoulder of Orion

That's frustrating. Just to let you know there were no charges on my copy here in Ireland.
Not a real Doctor.
User avatar
radiojamaica
Overbomber
Posts: 4864
Joined: 11 Apr 2005, 16:51
Location: Tower of Bass

Some friends received their book weeks ago without extra charges.
I'm done waiting, so asked Unbound to send my copy anyway. We'll see how it goes...
The other week I needed to pay 22€ tax for a record I ordered back in May.
Yeah, Brex-s**t is the right word :!:
in dub we trust
User avatar
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed
Posts: 8715
Joined: 24 Mar 2005, 00:01
Location: WhizzWorld
Contact:

Chaotican wrote:
26 Nov 2021, 02:29
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
15 Nov 2021, 08:33
a lot of people saying how much they got a buzz out of seeing their name in print; yet with the exception of HL's Chaotician who can do whatever the f**k she wants by me,
Wait...I thought that vanity was the whole point of this? Desperate attempt to convince my kids I’m cool, etc.?

You’re all actually READING it? Freaks. (Except Lee, who can also do whatever the f**k he wants by me. 8) )
:lol: :notworthy: :kiss:

SISTERS FOREVER, FOREVER SISTERS

WhatsWhizzWorth
:bat:
User avatar
Kutan
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 154
Joined: 22 Jan 2007, 15:27
Location: Fürth, Germany

I have now received my copy, had to pay 7€ Brex-tax, and spend several kilometers en route from one post office to another to finally get it.

Mark Andrews: Thank you so much for this book. I have enjoyed every single page. Very informative and well researched. Gives me back that "born too late" feeling as I was too young to see them live back then (my first Sisters gig was Heidelberg 1990).

By the way: Has anybody ever heard this "Ritual" demo that is mentioned?
User avatar
mh
Above the Chemist
Posts: 7643
Joined: 23 Jun 2003, 14:41
Location: Commie hippy Europe

According to Trevor Ristow's book, Ritual evolved (virtually unchanged) into Come Together, so I guess we've all heard it.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
User avatar
Kutan
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 154
Joined: 22 Jan 2007, 15:27
Location: Fürth, Germany

Ah, maybe I should get "Waiting For Another War" then, too.

Thanks a lot!
User avatar
mh
Above the Chemist
Posts: 7643
Joined: 23 Jun 2003, 14:41
Location: Commie hippy Europe

Definitely, and Wayne's book too. There's relatively little overlap between the three, so you can safely do so and get so much more of the story.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
User avatar
Todashi
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 151
Joined: 21 Jun 2019, 09:53

Still waiting for my book to arrive.

Humph.
Post Reply