Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
H. Blackrose
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Professional indexer here. You get what you pay for. Authors can't index their own work for the same reason they can't proofread it, they're too close to it.
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
Chaotican

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 15 Nov 2021, 08:33 a lot of people saying how much they got a buzz out of seeing their name in print; yet with the exception of HL's Chaotician who can do whatever the f**k she wants by me,
Wait...I thought that vanity was the whole point of this? Desperate attempt to convince my kids I’m cool, etc.?

You’re all actually READING it? Freaks. (Except Lee, who can also do whatever the f**k he wants by me. 8) )
Todashi

Bit weird but I still haven't received my copy. I've actually seen my name printed on the supporters page online, but not in reality.
panzerfaust

Todashi wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 10:06 Bit weird but I still haven't received my copy. I've actually seen my name printed on the supporters page online, but not in reality.
when i asked in fb sisters group, mark andrews replied:

The wait for Unbound to join this EU scheme doesn't have a clear end point. It's "some time" away ... I don't know when they will be despatching those books to EU people who said they didn't want to pay customs and VAT charges.

So we can either reply to that email and pay the customs charges or wait
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

panzerfaust wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 15:29
Todashi wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 10:06 Bit weird but I still haven't received my copy. I've actually seen my name printed on the supporters page online, but not in reality.

The wait for Unbound to join this EU scheme doesn't have a clear end point. It's "some time" away ... I don't know when they will be despatching those books to EU people who said they didn't want to pay customs and VAT charges.

Yes, that's s**t in miniature for you: no good for the UK business; no good for the EU consumer. If you are in the EU and haven't confirmed to Unbound that you are OK to pay customs and VAT (should they be imposed by the postal service), then email support@unbound.com and request that they dispatch the book and that you'll take your chances.
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Zero rates for VAT on books and printed matter are used in Belgium, Denmark, Ireland, Finland, Sweden. Just fyi.

Loved the book Mark, couldn't put it down, enjoyed every page.
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

MAndrews wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 17:18
panzerfaust wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 15:29

Yes, that's s**t in miniature for you: no good for the UK business; no good for the EU consumer. If you are in the EU and haven't confirmed to Unbound that you are OK to pay customs and VAT (should they be imposed by the postal service), then email support@unbound.com and request that they dispatch the book and that you'll take your chances.
I said Brex- s**t!
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

Dr. Moody wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 18:20 Zero rates for VAT on books and printed matter are used in Belgium, Denmark, Ireland, Finland, Sweden. Just fyi.

Loved the book Mark, couldn't put it down, enjoyed every page.
Right ... I get hit for two charges on packages coming into Belgium by BPost from outside EU. One is customs; I assumed the other was VAT/TVA. If not, I don't know what the hell it is. Usually adds up to €20+ Euros. Even got hit for that for an old Vive Le Rock that a UK mate sent me. I refused to pay it ... and they delivered it anyway.
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

That's frustrating. Just to let you know there were no charges on my copy here in Ireland.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Some friends received their book weeks ago without extra charges.
I'm done waiting, so asked Unbound to send my copy anyway. We'll see how it goes...
The other week I needed to pay 22€ tax for a record I ordered back in May.
Yeah, Brex-s**t is the right word :!:
in dub we trust
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Chaotican wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 02:29
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 15 Nov 2021, 08:33 a lot of people saying how much they got a buzz out of seeing their name in print; yet with the exception of HL's Chaotician who can do whatever the f**k she wants by me,
Wait...I thought that vanity was the whole point of this? Desperate attempt to convince my kids I’m cool, etc.?

You’re all actually READING it? Freaks. (Except Lee, who can also do whatever the f**k he wants by me. 8) )
:lol: :notworthy: :kiss:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Kutan

I have now received my copy, had to pay 7€ Brex-tax, and spend several kilometers en route from one post office to another to finally get it.

Mark Andrews: Thank you so much for this book. I have enjoyed every single page. Very informative and well researched. Gives me back that "born too late" feeling as I was too young to see them live back then (my first Sisters gig was Heidelberg 1990).

By the way: Has anybody ever heard this "Ritual" demo that is mentioned?
mh
Above the Chemist

According to Trevor Ristow's book, Ritual evolved (virtually unchanged) into Come Together, so I guess we've all heard it.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Kutan

Ah, maybe I should get "Waiting For Another War" then, too.

Thanks a lot!
mh
Above the Chemist

Definitely, and Wayne's book too. There's relatively little overlap between the three, so you can safely do so and get so much more of the story.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Todashi

Still waiting for my book to arrive.

Humph.
eastmidswhizzkid

mh wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 21:57 Definitely, and Wayne's book too. There's relatively little overlap between the three, so you can safely do so and get so much more of the story.
agreed. in the abscence of Eldritch's version of events the trilogy is essential. certainly removes the need to ever read that bloody awful "life in the reptile house" bollocks again. :urff:

iesus
Overbomber

FedEx delivery sucks from the top to bottom...
Just received a letter from them asking for 11.85 euros for an invoice never delivered to me :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
They are telling a s**t about dates and payment without previously inform about that :urff:
Not even write down a phone number or email in it to contact them...
S**theads! Do they do the same to other countries too? :x
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
eastmidswhizzkid

iesus wrote: 08 Dec 2021, 13:25 FedEx delivery sucks from the top to bottom...
Just received a letter from them asking for 11.85 euros for an invoice never delivered to me :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
They are telling a s**t about dates and payment without previously inform about that :urff:
Not even write down a phone number or email in it to contact them...
S**theads! Do they do the same to other countries too? :x
in my experience all couriers apart from The Royal Mail are utter vermin.

iesus
Overbomber

I expected something will happen with the book, due to the stories told here about delivering to other countries. What i didn't expect was that kind of unproffesionalism and stuff. This is def not the way to do things.
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
GC
Slight Overbomber

iesus wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 08:43 I expected something will happen with the book, due to the stories told here about delivering to other countries. What i didn't expect was that kind of unproffesionalism and stuff. This is def not the way to do things.
I think that most problems are caused by Brexit and not so much by the publishers. Everything I've ordered from Britain takes longer, I pay custom taxes and need to self collect by pick up points. (as I previously said -check your spam box for emails from couriers)
iesus
Overbomber

GC wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 09:11
iesus wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 08:43 I expected something will happen with the book, due to the stories told here about delivering to other countries. What i didn't expect was that kind of unproffesionalism and stuff. This is def not the way to do things.
I think that most problems are caused by Brexit and not so much by the publishers. Everything I've ordered from Britain takes longer, I pay custom taxes and need to self collect by pick up points. (as I previously said -check your spam box for emails from couriers)
I mean the FedEx not the publishers :)
They delivered the book at door and 3 weeks after they send me a letter that i owe them 11.85 euros without notice me either at the delivery or otherwise that this charge exists :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

iesus wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 09:19 I mean the FedEx not the publishers :)
They delivered the book at door and 3 weeks after they send me a letter that i owe them 11.85 euros without notice me either at the delivery or otherwise that this charge exists :bat:
Refuse to pay. They can hardly take the book back off you.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Oh happy day: my copy finally arrived!
With no extra taxes 8)

Rise and Hibernate!
in dub we trust
sentenza
Amphetamine Filth

Nice to hear that good news, Koen !
Still waiting btw...
"this is the revenge of the fuckwit"