DOMINION

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
EricSweden
Amphetamine Filth

my fav song this is. anyway...
the version of the song used in the video is a bit different from the original on floodland. i haven't listened to the video version in a while but i've listened very closely to the promo version found on some boys wander. on this version sounds can be heard in the background during the verses. i also experience every third snare drum in the verses to be a bit louder. it could be every fourth. can't remember right now.
the choirs are louder when they shout DOMINION. the saxofone solo is louder and the strings/choir are lower during the saxsolo.
there's also a typical 80s sound in the chorus, right after they sing DOMINION". its a smashing/thunder sound. in the vid you can see pat opening her hands during that part in a typical 80s manner. i think that this version is better than the original. the saxsolo is too low on the original version, plus i also like the 80s smash/thunder sound during the chorus. cuz in the original after they shout DOMINION there's no sound to backup the towering and mighty sound of DOMINION. its hard to explain.

i also prefer the long version of lucretia before the original on floodland. the snare is much louder and the overall sound i think is better.

what do you guys think?

EricSweden
Amphetamine Filth

forgot... dominion on floodland... at the end of the song as mother russia is being tuned out, flood comes in over that. i hate that. it would work if the two songs had something in common, music wise as well as lyric wise. but they dont. a good example of two songs flowing in together are "whatever that hurts" and "the ar" by tiamat on the wildhoney album.
MrEddy
Amphetamine Filth

I like Dominion better in it's single form; "untitled" forms a nice coda- just the same melody at half speed; a cute counterpoint.

The coral work and sax is both more prominant and extended on this version also.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i like the sax intro used on the single & video versions :smile:

the album version's "galloping" drum beat intro gets a bit annoying after a few thousand listens... :roll:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

:wink:
Goths have feelings too