Glasgow Barrowlands!

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Big Si
School Bully

Thank you :von: for making my 15 year wait so worthwhile! Had a great time at my first Sisters gig, big shout out to Graham and Stu, 2 cool guys I met in the moshpit.

And thank you :von: for announcing that Celtic beat Boavista 1-0 - I'm off to Seville for the UEFA cup final!

:notworthy:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Wasn't it a fantastic gig?

My first time too for one reason or another (been into them since FALAA).

They TOTALLY rocked :D :D

....and they played Alice :notworthy: :notworthy:
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Did they play the usual setlist of this tour?
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Yep it was the usual setlist, exactly the same as in Manchester. The gig was f*cking great and rowdy as hell down the front. Always a good crowd in Glasgow! I was hanging around at the front of the stage after the gig finished, trying to bag a setlist off a roadie. Normally I can never be
arsed collecting these things, but I was right down the front for once so I thought I'd try my luck. I didn't get one, but a roadie handed me (and several others) an aftershow pass - even better!
So we all got in and helped ourselves to the beer, vodka and red bull that was on offer. To be honest it was nothing special in that room - just a few sofas and a table with fruit, chocolates and booze on it. The ceiling was decorated with alot of groovy plastic five pointed stars, one of which I got as a souvenir.
Anyway... Adam Pearson was there chatting away to a few fans, and Chris Starling went back and forth to the tour bus a few times - he caught me stealing the sign that says "Sisters Of Mercy - Dressing Room" and he said "what the f*ck ya doin'?" before wandering off again!
At about midnight Andrew Eldritch walked in with his shades on. He was wearing the "shut.the.f*ck.up" hooded top (with the hood up!) with what looked like a red ambulance jacket over the top of it (this looked rather ridiculous btw). He strolled over to the "In Crowd" and sat down and chatted with them for about 10 mins before diappearing back to his private dressing room. I caught a glimpse of it when he opened the door - it was nothing special - there was a huge mirror surrounded by lightbulbs like you would expect and he had some female company!
So we stayed until the "party" started fizzling out. It was now 00:30 so I decided to leave for the long drive back to York, eventually crashing out at 4am. Sh*t I'm so tired and I'm supposed to be Smurphing tonight...!
:urff:
Gripper
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Obviously a Top Nite Out.
Great revue!
My car's faster than your mum, but not as dirty.
Big Si
School Bully

Gripper wrote:Obviously a Top Nite Out.
Great revue!
One of the best nights I've ever had, definitely in my top five, which makes it even more special when I've just been told I've got 4 weeks to find another job :( :evil: :x

Redundancy sucks :cry: .......off to get pisssssshhhhhddddddd :twisted:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Sorry to hear the news there Si.....hope the head is not too bad in the morning....!
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
Big Si
School Bully

Zuma wrote:Sorry to hear the news there Si.....hope the head is not too bad in the morning....!
:lol: :urff:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Scardwel wrote:So we all got in and helped ourselves to the beer, vodka and red bull that was on offer. To be honest it was nothing special in that room - just a few sofas and a table with fruit, chocolates and booze on it.
Ah, so it was you lot had all the booze before Mrs Erudite & I arrived!
Though it was a bit dull myself, no music and little interaction.
Scardwel wrote:Anyway... Adam Pearson was there chatting away to a few fans -
You mean he was trying to pull those two girls.
I found him fairly rude but to be fair to him there was no chance that I was going to suck his cock at the end of the night!
And he's definitely off my wife's Christmas card list for comandeering the
sofa and implying she should put her cigarette out because it was bothering him (does he stand upwind of Von?)
Rock'n'roll ain't what it used to be!
She's been muttering "up himself" and "tosser" ever since.
Hell have no fury indeed... :evil: :wink:

Scardwel wrote:about midnight Andrew Eldritch walked in with his shades on. He was wearing the "shut.the.f*ck.up" hooded top (with the hood up!) with what looked like a red ambulance jacket over the top of it (this looked rather ridiculous btw).
Looked every bit as strange even without the shades in Leeds.
When I spoke briefly to Von before the gig on Saturday he pointed to the
red cross and claimed he was "I'm on duty, healing the sick." :)

Now, if Mr Pearson would like to send an apology to the usual address...
Last edited by Erudite on 03 May 2003, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
pikkrong
Overbomber

Erudite wrote:
Scardwel wrote:So we all got in and helped ourselves to the beer, vodka and red bull that was on offer. To be honest it was nothing special in that room - just a few sofas and a table with fruit, chocolates and booze on it.

Ah, so it was you lot had all the booze before Mrs Erudite & I arrived!
Though it was a bit dull myself, no music and little interaction.

Anyway... Adam Pearson was there chatting away to a few fans -

You mean he was trying to pull those two girls.
I found him fairly rude but to be fair to him there was no chance that I was going to suck his cock at the end of the night!
And he's definitely off my wife's Christmas card list for comandeering the
sofa and implying she should put her cigarette out because it was bothering him (does he stand upwind of Von?)
Rock'n'roll ain't what it used to be!
She's been muttering "up himself" and "tosser" ever since.
Hell have no fury indeed... :evil: :wink:

about midnight Andrew Eldritch walked in with his shades on. He was wearing the "shut.the.f*ck.up" hooded top (with the hood up!) with what looked like a red ambulance jacket over the top of it (this looked rather ridiculous btw).

Looked every bit as strange even without the shades in Leeds.
When I spoke briefly to Von before the gig on Saturday he pointed to the
red cross and claimed he was "I'm on duty, healing the sick." :)
Now, if Mr Pearson would like to send an apology to the usual address...
am i mad?
there is a quote from Scardwel's message which includes sentences i couldn't see in the original message :?:
what's wrong with me or my pc or...?
do i drive
or am i driven
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

LOL! yep, i think erudite put some of his comments in scardwell's quoted post! :D :D :D

it certainly makes interesting reading - at one point i thought my head was going to capsize and that si was talking to himself ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

What's this?! Someone actually got to *talk* to THE MAN?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

*Faints* :notworthy: :von:
Hate has no home here.
<---all-around pain in the arse formerly known as "SINsister," "sinnie," "adarkafarkaparka" (or something similarly stupid), etc.
Big Si
School Bully

Quiff Boy wrote:it certainly makes interesting reading - at one point i thought my head was going to capsize and that si was talking to himself ;)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/tv/chewin ... 7_med.html

:D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

SINsister wrote:What's this?! Someone actually got to *talk* to THE MAN?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

*Faints* :notworthy: :von:
Yes indeed, but if you read the review soon to be posted on The Sisters Of Mercy Tour site you'll discover that I couldn't really think of much to say to Von. :roll:

However, I did fare much better than this guy Paul (from Holland, who was staying at the same B & B as me with his partner Donna. They did all the German shows and came to Leeds to see Von in his "home town.").
Anyway, the conversation goes a little like this - sounds like one of those spoofs you used to get in the Melody Maker.

Paul: Hiya Andy, hope you have a good show tonight!
Von: No one calls me Andy, dipsh*t.
Paul: I just did.
Eldritch runs away back stage.

:eek: :roll:

Make what you will of that...
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!