Simon Pegg, and the Sisters.

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Post Reply
User avatar
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 782
Joined: 02 May 2006, 05:03
Location: Montreal
Contact:

From the new Movie 'The World End'
http://i.imgur.com/n0v3T.jpeg
(Note the Vision Thing Pendant)

(This one it's pretty Von innit?)
http://i.imgur.com/K4af7.jpg



Also, the younger gang
http://i.imgur.com/mofcI.jpg
(Now the T-Shirt it's pretty visible)
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
User avatar
Bine
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 143
Joined: 30 Aug 2012, 19:40
Location: Northern Germany

Wow, that's cool!
I really like this guy and his crazy movies... wish he had a Sisters Shirt in "Shaun of the dead", on of my favorite comedy movies :lol:
User avatar
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1788
Joined: 17 Apr 2006, 11:53
Location: Hamburg

nice find, thx
User avatar
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 491
Joined: 16 Oct 2006, 10:05
Location: in the garden... growing potatos by the score

Wow! I hope the soundtrack guy is as good as the one on the clothes - although it would seem Simon might have had some influence...

http://gigulate.com/story/Simon-Pegg--- ... hic-Years/

Oh no! He mentioned the G word - that's the soundtrack appearence scuppered!
ASPERUM AESTIMATE FIMI ALIQUID HODIE
User avatar
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm
Posts: 4499
Joined: 04 Jan 2005, 17:08
Location: Newcastle

bangles wrote:Wow! I hope the soundtrack guy is as good as the one on the clothes - although it would seem Simon might have had some influence...

http://gigulate.com/story/Simon-Pegg--- ... hic-Years/

Oh no! He mentioned the G word - that's the soundtrack appearence scuppered!
I notice that website uses a picture of The Smurphs, with our own Padstar! That's promotion :wink:
User avatar
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress
Posts: 7657
Joined: 25 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: Small Heath, waiting for next year

Holy hell, nice! :eek: ;D
Hate has no home here.
<---all-around pain in the arse formerly known as "SINsister," "sinnie," "adarkafarkaparka" (or something similarly stupid), etc.
User avatar
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress
Posts: 7657
Joined: 25 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: Small Heath, waiting for next year

timsinister wrote:I notice that website uses a picture of The Smurphs, with our own Padstar! That's promotion :wink:
OMFG. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Where IS our Pads, anyway?!
Hate has no home here.
<---all-around pain in the arse formerly known as "SINsister," "sinnie," "adarkafarkaparka" (or something similarly stupid), etc.
User avatar
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm
Posts: 4499
Joined: 04 Jan 2005, 17:08
Location: Newcastle

He's got a Prince tribute act that gigs fairly often around our parts, and every so often the Smurphs post something cryptic and/or offensive :wink:
User avatar
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber
Posts: 2456
Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 23:35
Location: Scotland
Contact:

bangles wrote:Wow! I hope the soundtrack guy is as good as the one on the clothes - although it would seem Simon might have had some influence...

http://gigulate.com/story/Simon-Pegg--- ... hic-Years/

Oh no! He mentioned the G word - that's the soundtrack appearence scuppered!
In Pegg's autobiography (now available at a Poundland near you) he explains that he fell in love with a goth girl when at college and ended up going to see the Neffs etc with her. Obviously pining for her in middle age.
RockNRoll Mercenary
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 238
Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 16:01
Location: London

I like how its 'I started listening to The Smiths/The Cure' then 'Sisters, Neph, Bauhaus' as if the The Smiths/Cure are some sort of gateway band to the darker materials haha
'Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future'- Oscar Wilde
I'll see you tomorrow.
User avatar
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress
Posts: 7657
Joined: 25 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: Small Heath, waiting for next year

RockNRoll Mercenary wrote:I like how its 'I started listening to The Smiths/The Cure' then 'Sisters, Neph, Bauhaus' as if the The Smiths/Cure are some sort of gateway band to the darker materials haha
:lol:
But aren't they? :wink:
Hate has no home here.
<---all-around pain in the arse formerly known as "SINsister," "sinnie," "adarkafarkaparka" (or something similarly stupid), etc.
RockNRoll Mercenary
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 238
Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 16:01
Location: London

SINsister wrote:
RockNRoll Mercenary wrote:I like how its 'I started listening to The Smiths/The Cure' then 'Sisters, Neph, Bauhaus' as if the The Smiths/Cure are some sort of gateway band to the darker materials haha
:lol:
But aren't they? :wink:
I just remember hearing This Charming Man and now I'm here...
'Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future'- Oscar Wilde
I'll see you tomorrow.
User avatar
markreed
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 133
Joined: 02 Aug 2005, 00:18
Location: somewhere south of isabella adjani
Contact:

RockNRoll Mercenary wrote:I like how its 'I started listening to The Smiths/The Cure' then 'Sisters, Neph, Bauhaus' as if the The Smiths/Cure are some sort of gateway band to the darker materials haha
Very. At the start of 1987 I was listening to soundtrack LP's at 13. By the end of the year I was nutsdeep in "Floodland."
Suleiman
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 128
Joined: 19 Nov 2003, 11:24
Location: Just South of Babel

There are a couple of possible Sisters references in Spaced (written by and starring Jessica Stevenson and Simon Pegg).

Tim (Pegg's character) invents a comic character called Doktor Mandrake “...it's Doktor with a 'K'.�

There is also a black clad evil scientist in a hat in one episode called James Eldritch/Eldridge.

“The End Of The World� sounds like fun.
Perki
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 205
Joined: 30 Dec 2005, 15:47
Location: UK

Suleiman wrote:There are a couple of possible Sisters references in Spaced (written by and starring Jessica Stevenson and Simon Pegg).

Tim (Pegg's character) invents a comic character called Doktor Mandrake “...it's Doktor with a 'K'.�

There is also a black clad evil scientist in a hat in one episode called James Eldritch/Eldridge.
...who never takes his sunglasses off! But then he also plans to cut up a litter of kittens which is where the comparison ends.

Both of these bits you've mentioned always brought The Sisters to mind when I was watching Spaced, but I didn't really think it was intentional until I saw Pegg in that t-shirt.

I was very fond of Spaced etc. when I was a teenager (and I still am, actually) so it's very nice to see these two things I've loved for years crashing together.
User avatar
Swinnow
Overbomber
Posts: 2675
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 08:51
Location: Self-isolating from feral Guinea Pigs

RockNRoll Mercenary wrote:I just remember hearing This Charming Man and now I'm here...
From The Smiths to Queen, a backwards trajectory, no wonder you landed here 8)
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
RockNRoll Mercenary
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 238
Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 16:01
Location: London

Swinnow wrote:
RockNRoll Mercenary wrote:I just remember hearing This Charming Man and now I'm here...
From The Smiths to Queen, a backwards trajectory, no wonder you landed here 8)

Haha touche ;)
'Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future'- Oscar Wilde
I'll see you tomorrow.
Post Reply