Triple Album Collection (2012)

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Looks like this slipped under the radar.

European release, October 2012. Essentially a repackage of the Rhino "Merciful Release" box set.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008L69IUS

http://www.discogs.com/Sisters-Of-Mercy ... se/4168005

Pista
Cureboi

& they can't even get the band's name right on the box??

:roll:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
paul
Overbomber

Easily to be confused with:

:urff: :urff: :roll:
iesus
Overbomber

The Font is totally incorrect or is it my mind? ;D :innocent:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
radiojamaica
Overbomber

I mentioned it in the last Sisters purchase thread a little while ago. I bought one because it was too cheap to let it pass, but it really is a lousy release.
in dub we trust
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Hard to confuse with made in china bootlegs.

On the other hand I don't mind if these releases might gain some attention to some new folks.

btw:

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B ... /ref=nosim

The reviews are somehow referring to a manowar triple album set LOL
iesus
Overbomber

Don't say that Doc ;D
Back in 1989 or 1990 i had made a tape with the Best of Sisters and Manowar together one after the other all tape to listen in Walkman :lol:

Glorious days 8) :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
mh
Above the Chemist

iesus wrote:Don't say that Doc ;D
Back in 1989 or 1990 i had made a tape with the Best of Sisters and Manowar together one after the other all tape to listen in Walkman :lol:

So have the record company bootlegged your tape? That's what I wanna know.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
iesus
Overbomber

mh wrote:
iesus wrote:Don't say that Doc ;D

So have the record company bootlegged your tape? That's what I wanna know.
Truth is i have a lot of years to see my tape :roll:
Do you think the record company stole it and sell it out now? :eek: :eek: :urff:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

so these are 2006 re-release, i thought it's impossible for that kind of money; i adviced my friend to not buy this.

Oh Greece, bootleg center of Europe. Only in Greece you can buy albums that weren't officially released in normal album store (Monastiraki Flea Market :) :notworthy: )
Pista
Cureboi

The review's a bit.......off the wall.
1 of 17 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 25 Nov 2012
By Bill Peter "Bill Peter" (Malaysia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Triple Album Collection (Audio CD)
The first two CDs are classic Yes, so the music is great, epecially on their debut album. The Yes Album was the beginning of the end for Yes as they descended into twee preciousness. This box set is disappointing as it only contains the "vanilla" albums without bonus tracks. Shame on Warner Bros.
err...... :roll:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

it's a shame for warner review not the band ;D :lol:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
million voices
Slight Overbomber

Personally, I preferred the Sisters when they were more daring more Close To The Edge before Eldo's ego got too Fragile
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
Being645
Above the Chemist

million voices wrote:Personally, I preferred the Sisters when they were more daring more Close To The Edge before Eldo's ego got too Fragile
:lol: ... hell, when was that? All I've seen was slightly shifting sensibilites in a sea of stubborn preserverances ... ;D ;D ;D :lol: ...

Interpretations of and responses to such behaviour did, however, vary far more widely ... :innocent:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:
million voices wrote:Personally, I preferred the Sisters when they were more daring more Close To The Edge before Eldo's ego got too Fragile
:lol: ... hell, when was that? All I've seen was slightly shifting sensibilites in a sea of stubborn preserverances ... ;D ;D ;D :lol: ...

Interpretations of and responses to such behaviour did, however, vary far more widely ... :innocent:
I think you are reading too much into @millionvoices' Wonderous Stories. I personally think :von: 's problems began when he became the Owner of a Lonely Heart.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
Being645 wrote:

I think you are reading too much into @millionvoices' Wonderous Stories. I personally think :von: 's problems began when he became the Owner of a Lonely Heart.
Haha, I'd say he had put a lot of effort to that. Anyway, that are stories of decades ago ... he should long be happy and well by now ... ;D :wink:
Pista
Cureboi

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote: I personally think :von: 's problems began when he became the Owner of a Lonely Heart.
B'dum. Tsh!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
million voices
Slight Overbomber

Nikolas - I've Seen All Good People make the effort but your really Going For The One
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

million voices wrote:Nikolas - I've Seen All Good People make the effort but your really Going For The One
:notworthy: OK, you win. All the remaining Yes song titles are a bit too Neff to fit into a normal sentence (check out the track listing of Tales ... if you don't believe me).
Useless fact : One thing Yes and TSOM have in common is public school educated drummers from down South who started but dropped out from Leeds University degrees.