5 days till disappointment

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
James Blast
Banned

how are all you dweebs feelin'? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

What would constitute disappointment ? Less audible ? Same old songs ? Dwindling audiences ? More dry ice ? Rubbish t-shirt ? More classic songs messed around with ? Another hilarious instrumental ? I could go on ...
James Blast
Banned

you don't need to put a space before a '?' twit!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I love them the way they are. With the old songs, with the opaque dry-ice and with the sometimes poor sounds. I can’t really explain it… maybe it’s a kind of unconditional love… I think that’s what it is called… and yes, I look forward to feeling the warmth in my chest as the Doktor starts the first beats…
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
million voices
Slight Overbomber

"sometimes poor sounds" ????? - that infers a higher percentage of "good sounds" live than I would actually give them credit for.

(I left the space before the "?"s for dramatic effect).
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
Silver_Owl
The Don

They'll surprise you all when the unleash Jazz Odyssey ?
;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:you don't need to put a space before a '?' twit!
My bad - used to live in France for a while and they insist on it over there. And despite all the alleged faults I listed above, plus all the others I didn't (lack of live bass, lack of banter with audience etc), surely you must some curiosity about what they'll play on this tour and what they sound like. You never know, they might end up making you eat your avatar.
Prescott

Nope. I'm sure we won't be.
"... because we're that kind of people."
robm
Amphetamine Filth

It's that old married couple vibe.

No, not the band...
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:What would constitute disappointment ? Less audible ? Same old songs ? Dwindling audiences ? More dry ice ? Rubbish t-shirt ? More classic songs messed around with ? Another hilarious instrumental ? I could go on ...
I would be surprised if they were THAT good!
You still think swastikas look cool
The real nazis run your schools
They're coaches, businessmen and cops
In a real fourth reich you'll be the first to go
mailia
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:5 days till disappointment - how are all you dweebs feelin'? :lol: :lol: :lol:
The old Sisters are gone. You had almost 30 years to accept this fact. If you still can't, then please at least try to stop spreading your negativity to others.

Joy wrote:I love them the way they are. With the old songs, with the opaque dry-ice and with the sometimes poor sounds. I can’t really explain it… maybe it’s a kind of unconditional love… I think that’s what it is called… and yes, I look forward to feeling the warmth in my chest as the Doktor starts the first beats…
You wrote it really nice!
James Blast
Banned

mailia wrote:The old Sisters are gone. You had almost 30 years to accept this fact. If you still can't, then please at least try to stop spreading your negativity to others.
No I will not! This once was a band who were so vital, so out there that I lost my heart, mind and soul to.
So go get bent, you haven't a fuckin' clue how disappointed I am with Mr. E

Got that?

fuckin' newb arse sank!
~ Peter Steele
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

James, drink vodka with sprite and relax. (and i'm not telling you what you should do. just do that.)
iesus
Overbomber

sounds fantastic with a slice of lime or green lemon
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
mailia
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:
mailia wrote:The old Sisters are gone. You had almost 30 years to accept this fact. If you still can't, then please at least try to stop spreading your negativity to others.
No I will not! This once was a band who were so vital, so out there that I lost my heart, mind and soul to.

Got that?

fuckin' newb arse sank!
I think I understand you, but the old times are gone and will never come back. You won't bring them back by your posts on this forum and Mr.E doesn't really care what you think about him. It's time to give it up, stop watching the new Sisters and forget everything you want to forget.

although I wear glasses I can see this :evil:
Francis
Overbomber

Sisters in Berlin? I could go for that. Probably sold out though. :cry:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Joy

LD-50: Do you think the music of The Sisters of Mercy is relevant today?

AE: As long as the world is overwhelmed by bitterness, as long as people feel love and hate and as long as the young ones like dancing, drinking and f**king, the Sisters will always be needed.
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Big Si
School Bully

mailia wrote:
James Blast wrote:

Got that?

fuckin' newb arse sank!
I think I understand you, but the old times are gone and will never come back. You won't bring them back by your posts on this forum and Mr.E doesn't really care what you think about him. It's time to give it up, stop watching the new Sisters and forget everything you want to forget.

Don't feed the Troll mailia, but don't let it put you off posting on here either 8)
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Being645
Above the Chemist

Big Si wrote:
mailia wrote:
James Blast wrote:No I will not! This once was a band who were so vital, so out there that I lost my heart, mind and soul to.

Got that?

fuckin' newb arse sank!

Don't feed the Troll mailia, but don't let it put you off posting on here either 8)
Fully seconded ...

Btw, The Sisters of Mercy - C-Halle, Berlin ... only two more days ... ImageImageImage ... ;D ;D ;D ;D ...
James Blast
Banned

Big Si wrote:
mailia wrote:
James Blast wrote:No I will not! This once was a band who were so vital, so out there that I lost my heart, mind and soul to.

Got that?

fuckin' newb arse sank!

you've changed yer tune
~ Peter Steele
Big Si
School Bully

Being645 wrote:Btw, The Sisters of Mercy - C-Halle, Berlin ... only two more days ... ImageImageImage ... ;D ;D ;D ;D ...
I look forward to reading your review :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

it's gonna be a good one.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Big Si wrote:
Being645 wrote:Btw, The Sisters of Mercy - C-Halle, Berlin ... only two more days ... ImageImageImage ... ;D ;D ;D ;D ...
We will see ... ;D ... Are you going to any gigs? Glasgow?
James Blast
Banned

of course he is, he's like Scotty not a man of his word
~ Peter Steele
Big Si
School Bully

Being645 wrote:
Big Si wrote:
We will see ... ;D ... Are you going to any gigs? Glasgow?
I haven't got round to buying a ticket yet. But i'll be there with HalfmanII and Erudite
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis