Police Car

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.

What's your opinion of TSOM's "Police Car" ?

Love it
26
46%
Indifferent
21
37%
Hate it
10
18%
 
Total votes: 57
User avatar
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber
Posts: 2456
Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 23:35
Location: Scotland
Contact:

The obligatory newchlochim remix : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kT9ZiXMTe88
User avatar
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1788
Joined: 17 Apr 2006, 11:53
Location: Hamburg

Ouch..

Well I didn't really knew what to think while they played it. All I undedstood was "inaudiblerubbishrubbishrubbishpolicaaaarrr". But I do kinda like it now.
User avatar
iesus
Overbomber
Posts: 3506
Joined: 15 Mar 2006, 11:15
Location: x-EU

DocSommer wrote:Ouch..

Well I didn't really knew what to think while they played it. All I undedstood was "inaudiblerubbishrubbishrubbishpolicaaaarrr". But I do kinda like it now.
You shouldn't vote so early then Doc :lol:
I am waiting to read some more comments before push any of the options ;D
At least until tomorrow or Sunday :innocent:
Goths play Golf too ...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
User avatar
dtsom
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1501
Joined: 09 Sep 2005, 14:11
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Contact:

It was interesting hearing for the first time in Suikerrock.......

and today every time that I hear it ,I like it more....
2019: Doctor music- Hamburg- Vilar de Mouro-London x2 - Brussels x 2- Stockholm- Gothenburg- Paris
User avatar
radiojamaica
Overbomber
Posts: 4852
Joined: 11 Apr 2005, 16:51
Location: Tower of Bass

It was good fun so there goes my vote ;D
in dub we trust
User avatar
robm
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 106
Joined: 27 May 2006, 22:31

I like it.
User avatar
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber
Posts: 2456
Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 23:35
Location: Scotland
Contact:

This mash up is an interesting compare and contrast exercise. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JtIqVHugdSA.
The more I hear this, the better :von: 's vocals sound.
And what's the "bang, bang" addition about ?
A reference to the unfortunate spate of police shootings in the US ?
An acknowledgement that pub rock was a major influence on Detonation Boulevard ?
A tribute to the incident when Nicki Minaj was pulled over by the cops when driving her pink Lambourghini ?
Another nod to Iggy and his 1981 flop of the same name ?
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12863
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:This mash up is an interesting compare and contrast exercise. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JtIqVHugdSA.
The more I hear this, the better :von: 's vocals sound.
Great find, and nice job by the person who did it ... ;D ...
And anyway :von: 's voice is clearly meant to do this song ...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote: And what's the "bang, bang" addition about ?
A reference to the unfortunate spate of police shootings in the US ?
An acknowledgement that pub rock was a major influence on Detonation Boulevard ?
A tribute to the incident when Nicki Minaj was pulled over by the cops when driving her pink Lambourghini ?
Another nod to Iggy and his 1981 flop of the same name ?
A flop covered by Bowie ... :lol: ...
Distorted (self-)esteem and the according attitude ...
Violence and sex, of course ... it's a Sisters song ...
Pub rock and Detonation Boulevard - sounds plausible...
I had never heard of Nicki Minaj so far, but traffic police - oh yeah, they're everywhere ...
And there's also Cher ... a very expensive childish mess ...
Do you believe in love/life after love? Bang, BANG !!! ... :lol: ...
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12863
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote: And what's the "bang, bang" addition about ?
In fact, there is that traditional "bang, bang" at the end of Detonation Boulevard as well ... ;D :lol: ... hihihi-hi ... a lovely correlation ...
User avatar
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber
Posts: 2456
Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 23:35
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Being645 wrote:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote: And what's the "bang, bang" addition about ?
In fact, there is that traditional "bang, bang" at the end of Detonation Boulevard as well ... ;D :lol: ... hihihi-hi ... a lovely correlation ...
... which is why I mentioned it :wink:
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12863
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote: And what's the "bang, bang" addition about ?
In fact, there is that traditional "bang, bang" at the end of Detonation Boulevard as well ... ;D :lol: ... hihihi-hi ... a lovely correlation ...
... which is why I mentioned it :wink:
Hah! I took a few detours ... :lol: ... this time ... :lol: ...
AmericanDream
Road Kill
Posts: 10
Joined: 03 Feb 2015, 23:43
Location: Good question

Given that all I've heard about in the news the past year is police brutality, I thought it was pretty funny.
User avatar
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber
Posts: 2456
Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 23:35
Location: Scotland
Contact:

The longer this poll has run, the less favourable feedback has been. I suspect that (like me) early respondents were just so pathetically happy to have something new to listen to that we may have temporarily suspended critical judgement. Having said that, I still like it.
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12863
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:The longer this poll has run, the less favourable feedback has been. I suspect that (like me) early respondents were just so pathetically happy to have something new to listen to that we may have temporarily suspended critical judgement. Having said that, I still like it.
My mind has, if at all, changed to more appraisal rather than less!!!
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker
Posts: 4553
Joined: 11 Jul 2002, 01:00

Being645 wrote:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:The longer this poll has run, the less favourable feedback has been. I suspect that (like me) early respondents were just so pathetically happy to have something new to listen to that we may have temporarily suspended critical judgement. Having said that, I still like it.
My mind has, if at all, changed to more appraisal rather than less!!!
Sometimes you need a coat hanger to flush a turd.
post edited to ensure GDPR compliance
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12863
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

paint it black wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:The longer this poll has run, the less favourable feedback has been. I suspect that (like me) early respondents were just so pathetically happy to have something new to listen to that we may have temporarily suspended critical judgement. Having said that, I still like it.
My mind has, if at all, changed to more appraisal rather than less!!!
Sometimes you need a coat hanger to flush a turd.
Come Together in Looland , now ... :eek: :lol: ... Well, each to his own. Happy Wiping, anyway ! ... :D ...
User avatar
Silver_Owl
The Don
Posts: 7377
Joined: 27 Sep 2003, 18:52

It's more pub rock than Dr. Feelgood.
I'm very much in the 'a waste of short set time' camp.
Somebody said its better to burn out...I'm starting to agree. :(
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Post Reply