KICKLINE, ARE WE GOING TO BE BAD?, BETTER REPTILE

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

From beneath the Dylan photo on http://www.thesistersofmercy.com/news/livenews.html
Featuring:

KICKLINE (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)
ARE WE GOING TO BE BAD? (Christo/Eldritch/Smith/Varjak)
BETTER REPTILE (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)

etc
So?
Pista
Cureboi

Could they be song titles?

Or is it just Von trolling us?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote:Could they be song titles?

Or is it just Von trolling us?
Looks very much as song titles! Bring on Stockholm! Who thought the Dude was the vitamin injection the band needed? Thank God for him!
Last edited by Depprocksfarfar on 11 Sep 2019, 08:52, edited 1 time in total.
mh
Above the Chemist

Christo/Eldritch/Smith/Varjak

What's going on there, then?
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Depprocksfarfar

mh wrote:Christo/Eldritch/Smith/Varjak

What's going on there, then?
Most likely a reworked old "new" song.
majorsixth
Road Kill

Could be one of the songs Von always says they wrote back in the day but never performed because it wasn't finished or in the right style for the live show, maybe.

This is exciting in any case!

edit: on second thought, assuming it isn't all some kind of bait, wonder if those are working titles as they seem a bit unusual (though not necessarily out of line with Slept and Top Nite Out). Maybe it's just the unfamiliarity.
Last edited by majorsixth on 11 Sep 2019, 09:18, edited 1 time in total.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Good grief, nurse bring my meds....
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Todashi

Excuse my lack of nerdiness, but is Mike Varjak still alive/around/on good terms? I literally don't know.

I have two thoughts - possibly these are lineups, and Mike Varjak is going to return to play some of these dates? There is also this on the schedule:

2019 September 16 Antwerpen Belgium strangely unavailable

Or as has been guessed, are these three new songs? But if so, why no lyrics, given that literally just below this cryptic post, there's lyrics of unreleased songs?

Also, if they're songs, it's kind of f**king hilarious that Dylan Smith is being credited with writing three new songs with the band in what seems like minutes after 'joining' the band, when it's been incredibly dry creatively for, like, decades.
Last edited by Todashi on 11 Sep 2019, 09:20, edited 3 times in total.
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

the game is on
MUSICA È
iesus
Overbomber

New songs or trolling? :eek: :eek: :roll: :roll:

At the end they will bring out new album and none will believe them they record one :urff: :lol: :lol:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
majorsixth
Road Kill

iesus wrote:New songs or trolling? :eek: :eek: :roll: :roll:

At the end they will bring out new album and none will believe them they record one :urff: :lol: :lol:
If the songs are real, it seems a bit unlucky how Chris left due to differences in workrate, only for the Sisters to immediately launch on the longest tour in years and begin debuting new material. :lol: Things work mysteriously.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Hmmm Are We Going to be Bad? Don't think those are songs (maybe comments on some people's expectations!) though the accreditation has thrown me a bit but I hope I was wrong! :D
The Chancer Corporation
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

:lol:
I doubt it's songs, maybe a bit of banter, cryptic clues to some random thing - who knows!
But he knows we'll analyse it to the nth degree lol!

I don't care what it is, it made me smile this morning! :D

Long may they keep on grooving!

8)
Being645
Above the Chemist

Hihi, fully seconded ... ;D ;D ;D ...

It looks very much like song titles, though ... * hah, shiver ... :lol: ...
Swinnow
Overbomber

Surely the "banter" title would be 'Still from northern England, but avoid it like the plague".

Btw, i scorn the day the word banter was imported into the north.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I'm not holding my breath - below line on the site is lyrics for "Far Parade" dated: 2009.
At this point I'm taking it as marketing strategy.
iesus
Overbomber

Ben Christo wrote:is at Brussels International Airport Zaventem.
52 mins
·
Next stop: Greece 🇬🇷! #thesistersofmercy #sistersofmercy #thiscorrosion #dominion #betterreptile #iwaswrong @gibsonguitar pic @blackh3im
Cryptic or not, it is first time i see the tag #betterreptile from Ben :roll: ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Todashi

Bartek wrote:I'm not holding my breath - below line on the site is lyrics for "Far Parade" dated: 2009.
At this point I'm taking it as marketing strategy.
I think at this point in 2019 anyone who gives a s**t is on board. Some cryptic text on a website is a pretty poor attempt at marketing if that's what it is.

My money is on new songs, including one partially written by Mike Varjak. He wrote We are the same Susanne and Will I dream, and so I have high hopes that we might get some good new tracks.

Why he's waited so long to unveil them, who the f**k knows? He's the most wilfully obscure person in the music business.

At this stage, I'm quite close to staging a Misery-like kidnapping - you could fit the entire band and gear in a single Ford Transit. All that would be required would be a hit team and some chloroform, and some kind of abandoned warehouse where you could hold them all hostage and force them to record on pain of having their ankles broken.
Pista
Cureboi

Todashi wrote:
At this stage, I'm quite close to staging a Misery-like kidnapping - you could fit the entire band and gear in a single Ford Transit. All that would be required would be a hit team and some chloroform, and some kind of abandoned warehouse where you could hold them all hostage and force them to record on pain of having their ankles broken.
:eek:

:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

@Todashi: even if, i'm standing on my position - i believe when it will be confirmed as new songs played live.
majorsixth
Road Kill

iesus wrote:
Ben Christo wrote:is at Brussels International Airport Zaventem.
52 mins
·
Next stop: Greece 🇬🇷! #thesistersofmercy #sistersofmercy #thiscorrosion #dominion #betterreptile #iwaswrong @gibsonguitar pic @blackh3im
Cryptic or not, it is first time i see the tag #betterreptile from Ben :roll: ;D
I was wondering before if it might all be a joke on the people pestering Ben about song titles :lol:
pearson

and now:
SHOW ME (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)
:?:
there's too much blood in my vodkastream

----------------adam pearson------------------
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

How many songs can Dylan Smith co-write in the few weeks(?) he's been in the Sisters???

I should state for the record that I am NOT complaining.
Pista
Cureboi

lazarus corporation wrote:How many songs can Dylan Smith co-write in the few weeks(?) he's been in the Sisters???

I should state for the record that I am NOT complaining.
If they're already partly or mostly written, then it wouldn't take long for someone to tweak &/or add arrangements I guess.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

and why wait until Catalyst has left before working on new material? It's all a bit sudden... the last "new" song was Arms, premiered during a soundcheck in 2008!