How 'cool' are The Sisters in the 21cenury??l

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Okay.
Qualifying statement.
I'm a 47 year old male, married with two kids.
I love The Sisters.
I became a fan with This Corrosion and have tried to see them whenever I can... which ended in 2016
At the moment, it's 3.00am in Dublin and I've been spending the last 3 hours drinking and watching the sisters on the various incarnations on youtube (no facebook splitter groups entertained here!) and I've been draping myself over my remote control while trying to create some dry ice effects with a f**king vape while throwing my best Eldritch moves while using my tv remote control as a mic (yes, i did say I was 47")
The Sisters are just cool as f**k tho....

(Started this off as a who thinks the Sisters are cool but by the time I got to to end I was so belligerently drunk i should note enter into arguments especially aground how s**t things are since they lost the bass player.

But I am curious, how the Sisters manifest themselves in fans day to day life?
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
XidiouX

I'm also 47 and working my way through a bottle of shochu so I'll no doubt be making similar moves in the not too distant future (although to Ankoku Butoh by Faith & the Muse rather than The Girls.)

The Sisters have always been cool and always will be. That said, during the long stretch of time since they were an active recording entity, they've been more of a soap opera than a band in the usual sense, with key developments being events and interactions rather than the release of recorded material. That's all very well for those of us who discovered them as a 'normal' band and decided to stay for the long, not entirely fulfilling haul.

However, as with any soap opera, you have to have been there to have been there. I don't think I would have the energy (and increasingly the memory) to communicate all of this to an interested newcomer, and even if I did, they would have to be a very interested, imaginative and patient one indeed for me to be able to successfully convey to them the essence of the band through their history.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Speaking as a 55yr old male they remain cool in a detached contrarian way. But according to my two sons, both in their 20's and Leeds born and bred they are as far from cool as you can get. Generation gap in action, I blame the parents :)
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

If you look up the word "Cool" in the dictionary:

Cool: :von:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
XidiouX

markfiend wrote:If you look up the word "Cool" in the dictionary:

Yeah, it means the same thing as 'hot'. Likewise if something sucks, it also blows. If it's flammable, it's also inflammable. I give up. :-)
Being645
Above the Chemist

XidiouX wrote:
markfiend wrote:If you look up the word "Cool" in the dictionary:

Yeah, it means the same thing as 'hot'. Likewise if something sucks, it also blows. If it's flammable, it's also inflammable. I give up. :-)
Yeah terrific ... :lol: ...
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

If you need to ask.... :von: for me they are. but we dont want to turn this into how cool am I.
:bat:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Swinnow wrote:But according to my two sons, both in their 20's and Leeds born and bred they are as far from cool as you can get.
I'm more than happy with that. Who'd want to follow a Cool Band?
Four strings good, six strings bad