NEW SONGS!

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Nice one fella.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
An
Amphetamine Filth

alanm wrote: 26 Aug 2020, 07:11 Forsner uploaded a cover of But Genevieve recently.

Adding a link here in case anyone missed it like me.
Thanks, a very good piece of work!
It still somehow amazes me how much studiowork is already possible at home when I think of the expensive studiocosts in ancient times.
FMAMMY
Road Kill

sultan2075 wrote: 26 Aug 2020, 14:10 I've always liked those Les Paul basses, but I think the only person I've ever seen playing one is Eddie from the Supersuckers.
It was actually Eddie who made me buy it. :) I had played Fender precision-basses most of my bassplayingyears and thought about trying a completely new model and Eddie looks really cool playing his les paul so I thought I'd give it a try and I don't think I'll ever try another model again :D

//Tobias
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

hang on.

the penny has just dropped!

so the 2 folks covering But Genevieve in that video are @Husek and @FMAMMY? :o

ace! :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
sultan2075
Overbomber

FMAMMY wrote: 27 Aug 2020, 10:38
sultan2075 wrote: 26 Aug 2020, 14:10 I've always liked those Les Paul basses, but I think the only person I've ever seen playing one is Eddie from the Supersuckers.
It was actually Eddie who made me buy it. :) I had played Fender precision-basses most of my bassplayingyears and thought about trying a completely new model and Eddie looks really cool playing his les paul so I thought I'd give it a try and I don't think I'll ever try another model again :D

//Tobias
Very nice; they are really cool. I had a few p-basses over the years, but eventually replaced them with a short-scale Univox Hi-Flyer. One of my colleagues decided learning to play would be his covid-19 project and then dropped a load of cash on a Rickenbacker. I’m hoping he doesn’t stick with it and maybe I can get a good deal on it from him.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Yggdrasil wrote: 24 Aug 2020, 22:17 More new songs listed on the website.

We're now up to 16 new songs + all the other unreleased songs — easily material enough for a double album.

Being both realistic and easy to please, I'll settle for either the 160g double vinyl edition of the new album or the limited edition box featuring the 12 new 12" EPs.

KICKLINE (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)
ARE WE GOING TO BE BAD? (Christo/Eldritch/Smith/Varjak)
BETTER REPTILE (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)
SHOW ME (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)
JUST ACHING (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)
BUT GENEVIEVE (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)
EYES OF CALIGULA (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)
WE ARE ON THIS PLANE (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)
BLACK SAIL (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)
I WILL CALL YOU (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)
LEFT ON VENOM AND REVENGE (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)
SHE'S A MONSTER (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)
WHEN I'M ON FIRE (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)
QUANTUM BABY (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)
DON'T DRIVE ON ICE (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)
SIX WAYS TO SUNDAY (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)
I could be crazy (Sisters fan), but weren't all of these up there two months ago? Or did they just change the order because I know Six Ways to Sunday was the last song for a while in that list. Which ones were just added this week?

COVID19 was the key I guess...this is serious productivity. What does Dylan have on AE anyway? :-)
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
Pista
Cureboi

I dont think any were added this week.
The list's been the same for a month or two
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote: 27 Aug 2020, 11:32 hang on.

What can I say, if two blokes are covering sisters songs, chances are they are heartlanders :innocent:
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
alanm
Amphetamine Filth

@FMAMMY has an EP ready to go -
  • But Genevieve (feat @Husek )
  • Arms
  • Slept
  • Black Sail
  • Show Me On The Doll
  • Slept (2020 remix)
Do you remember a time when angels... do you remember a time when fear?
In the days when I was stronger, in the days when you were here?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Husek wrote: 27 Aug 2020, 14:14
Quiff Boy wrote: 27 Aug 2020, 11:32 hang on.

What can I say, if two blokes are covering sisters songs, chances are they are heartlanders :innocent:
very true... :lol: :hl:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
ruffers
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 25 Mar 2020, 23:16
Swinnow wrote:Can Ruffers consult on future merch range expansions?
:lol: gets my vote!
We got the zip up eventually, now after white.

I don't forget.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

ruffers wrote: 11 Nov 2020, 22:40
Planet Dave wrote: 25 Mar 2020, 23:16
Swinnow wrote:Can Ruffers consult on future merch range expansions?
:lol: gets my vote!
We got the zip up eventually, now after white.

I don't forget.
I'm too fat for white these days. 🤔
Nyth Grandbeard
Road Kill

Man, I would kill to have a studio version of either Black Sail, or Better Reptile especially since their newer material seems like the perfect blend of the Hard Rock sound of Vision Thing, with the darker tone of FALAA which is just right up my alley! I know the chances of getting more recorded Sisters material is slimmer than a piece of paper, but as someone who lives in America and can't go to any shows (once the current global situation dissipates lol) im starved for some new sisters content. I mean there's always the uploads on youtube that fans are gracious enough to share with those of us around the world, but it's just not the same as being there. Maybe quarantine has Von changing his tune about recording new material...? Ah who am I kidding, probably not.
:von: Check out my Comic series: https://unhingedcomic.com/ :von:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Nyth Grandbeard wrote: 28 Nov 2020, 23:21 I know the chances of getting more recorded Sisters material is slimmer than a piece of paper,
Slimmer than an '84 Eldritch
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Aazhyd
Amphetamine Filth

I'm really looking forward to the new album! Won't be long now.
Only the Americans could have built a place like this in the middle of a jungle.
DJElectricDaddy
Location: Where the sun shines bright. Where the rain don’t fall

Nyth Grandbeard wrote: 28 Nov 2020, 23:21 Man, I would kill to have a studio version of either Black Sail, or Better Reptile especially since their newer material seems like the perfect blend of the Hard Rock sound of Vision Thing, with the darker tone of FALAA which is just right up my alley! I know the chances of getting more recorded Sisters material is slimmer than a piece of paper, but as someone who lives in America and can't go to any shows (once the current global situation dissipates lol) im starved for some new sisters content. I mean there's always the uploads on youtube that fans are gracious enough to share with those of us around the world, but it's just not the same as being there. Maybe quarantine has Von changing his tune about recording new material...? Ah who am I kidding, probably not.
Yeah I’m right there with you man. It’s a $5000 ticket for us to see a live show. Ain’t gonna happen until I win the lottery

But I don’t look at these crappy youchoob cell phone masterpeice songs with the same kindness you do. Never mind gracious, turn your damn phone off and enjoy the gig. The videos look s**t, sound s**t, and don’t do any kind of justice to the songs.

I’ve given up any hope of ever seeing the Sisters live or getting anything new from them. Von is a lazy selfish git who hates his fans. Soch a waste too as the new material sounds incredible just judging from the discussions on the lyrics pages here on HL
Somewhere on a tiny planet
crawl some ants called the human race
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Wow! That's the bitterest comment i've seen in a long time.
Electrochrome

Credit for saying (writing) it aloud...there's truth to that comment.

I do agree...while I hope for new product, deep down I don't believe it will ever happen. And I think COVID well and truly killed it, how many more tours can they have left? If they do tour again, and manage to come to the USA and hit the west coast of Florida, then I'll have a chance of seeing them again. Otherwise I treasure the gigs I've seen and all of the material and even some of the crap YouTube videos.

He's done well for himself, and good for him. Smartest rocker out there, and he's probably got enough socked away. But he does take his fans for granted.
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
GC
Slight Overbomber

Its not something I really equate to pleasng fans. If youre an artist you produce soemthing and if people like it they pay...we still pay for the gigs, tshirts etc, so many are still happy.
For me its just a bit of personal disappointment... why do I only have 3 TSOM original CD's when it could have been 6 or 7. That still is nt much for an active band going for 40 years without a single hiatus.
Nyth Grandbeard
Road Kill

I just hope Eldritch has it in him for 1 more album as wishful thinking that is. The most recent material they've shown off in my opinion is some of the strongest they've come up with while on tour, and it's such a travesty that they are relegated to only existing as just live songs. I mean I don't have much right to complain about Eldritch's refusal to make new content as much as all of you seeing as i'm so young and haven't even been around in the fan base until like a year and a half ago.

But still the Sisters have climbed their way to the top of some of my favorite bands and it's really sad that Von sees no need for a new album thanks to his sour experience with WEA, and seeing a quicker return with live shows and merch. I wish he could see it doesn't take a whole studio to make an album anymore. Some people make really professional sounding music in their basements for heavens sake for as little as buying a decent computer and some microphones. Plus he has experience in producing so he wouldn't even need to hire a producer either.

I know i shouldn't get so worked up about it, it's like crying over spilled milk, I get it. But the sisters are truly something special. Sure it's a different line up every album, but that's part of the magic in my eyes. I love when bands take different directions with each album and bring on new perspectives to shape the music (very different end on the musical spectrum but that's why Gorillaz has continued to be one of my favorite bands ever as well.) And the band's current line up has proven more than enough that they have the untapped potential to pull off something on par with FALAA in terms of groundbreaking (at least from what the muffled live shows recordings have taught me lol.)

Sorry that was a little ranty, i'm just really passionate about the sisters and wish to see them grace us with at least one new album before Eldritch is called back to the dimension from whence he came. I wish there was a way we could do a petition or something to send to him, or for him to start a kickstarter or something, but I feel like that's even less likely than him just going back to WEA to sign a new record deal.
ruffers
Overbomber

I can't be the only person who now looks at tour dates and thinks "I'll buy a ticket for the last one", as it might be the last one..

Cos there will be a last one.

And then thinks about how the feck do |I get there?

Which was Madrid (exciting|!) and is now Wroclaw...
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Swinnow
Overbomber

ruffers wrote: 17 Dec 2020, 23:32 I can't be the only person who now looks at tour dates and thinks "I'll buy a ticket for the last one", as it might be the last one..
I remember saying that to Ms Swinnow in the late 90's as the recording career had clearly ground to a halt. I would disappear from Leeds on my act of obligation each year. It became a running joke. Still doing it now, much to her amusement.
Last edited by Swinnow on 17 Dec 2020, 23:49, edited 1 time in total.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

ruffers wrote: 17 Dec 2020, 23:32 I can't be the only person who now looks at tour dates and thinks "I'll buy a ticket for the last one", as it might be the last one..

Oh yeah, we've decided we're going to at least two dates on every tour until they quit now. Didn't work out so we'll this year, but fingers crossed things will change.

For the record, I'm in the camp of those grateful for the YouTube videos. Some of them do sound and look good, and there's songs I wouldn't have heard (yet) if it wasn't for them.
Also, it's nice to gigs that you've been to, although I appreciate if one lives in the States this is going to be an ongoing frustration.

Big love all round though.
Nyth Grandbeard
Road Kill

sam donut wrote: 17 Dec 2020, 23:48
For the record, I'm in the camp of those grateful for the YouTube videos. Some of them do sound and look good, and there's songs I wouldn't have heard (yet) if it wasn't for them.
Also, it's nice to gigs that you've been to, although I appreciate if one lives in the States this is going to be an ongoing frustration.

Big love all round though.
I'm extremely grateful to all of you who document sisters history like this so it can be shared for years to come. Even if some videos sound better than others it's nice to at least present these songs in some way other than disappearing into the annals of history, only existing through word of mouth.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
sultan2075
Overbomber

We had tickets to the show in The Hague this past round. We built our spring break around the trip (nice thing about being an academic I suppose). The airline screwed us, as did the hotel, but I’ve not asked for a refund on the tickets. I want the band to make make the money. If I can’t make the rescheduled event (which I almost certainly can't) I’ll see if I can give them away to another heartlander.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.