In-store appearance at Vinyl Fetish, Los Angeles, October 19

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

New on my blog, a look into an apparent visit to a record shop by TSOM on their first West Coast tour in 1983. https://sistersfan.blogspot.com/2020/04 ... rance.html
Other recent posts include Zurich and Glasgow 1985. Next post will therefore be on a 1984 gig!
Being645
Above the Chemist

Another lovely read ... thank you for the link ... :D :notworthy: ...

One question about the Strathclyde soundcheck:
So, they did not do some Manic Depression excerpts or does this count among the many other little riffs?
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Excellent, thanks!
Pista
Cureboi

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:New on my blog, a look into an apparent visit to a record shop by TSOM on their first West Coast tour in 1983. https://sistersfan.blogspot.com/2020/04 ... rance.html
Other recent posts include Zurich and Glasgow 1985. Next post will therefore be on a 1984 gig!
Liked the review of the Glasgow show.
The recording's not that bad tbh.
Although the schk part does sound a bit like the recorder was stuffed into a shoe.
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Dan
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:Another lovely read ... thank you for the link ... :D :notworthy: ...

So, they did not do some Manic Depression excerpts or does this count among the many other little riffs?
I'd not noticed it, but it is a very poor quality recording. It's something to look out for on the next listen, I guess

Regarding soundchecks, one thing I noticed just a few days ago is in the Sheffield University soundcheck (27 Oct 1984) around 14 mins in you can hear Craig playing the bassline for New Town by The Slits.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Dan wrote:
Being645 wrote:Another lovely read ... thank you for the link ... :D :notworthy: ...

I'd not noticed it, but it is a very poor quality recording. It's something to look out for on the next listen, I guess

Regarding soundchecks, one thing I noticed just a few days ago is in the Sheffield University soundcheck (27 Oct 1984) around 14 mins in you can hear Craig playing the bassline for New Town by The Slits.
Hell, there's nothing known about the existence of a Black October Sheffield Uni soundcheck in the SistersWiki at all ... :lol: ...

On the other hand, the info on the Strathclyde soundcheck was taken from the wonderful Ultimatesistersguide ...
For the moment I've noted Manic Depression as questionable... :wink: ...
https://sisterswiki.org/Sat,_09-Mar-1985