But Genevieve

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
sultan2075
Overbomber

I swear, I think they are watching this place and trolling us. Ben, on Facebook: "Wanted: suggestions for good UK/Euro PR companies to release a single. DM me!"
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
mh
Above the Chemist

sultan2075 wrote: 15 Jul 2020, 17:41 I swear, I think they are watching this place and trolling us. Ben, on Facebook: "Wanted: suggestions for good UK/Euro PR companies to release a single. DM me!"
Respond, pretend to be such a company, and see what happens next. ;)
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Todashi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Saw that and laughed. Funny.
Electrochrome

sultan2075 wrote: 15 Jul 2020, 17:41 I swear, I think they are watching this place and trolling us. Ben, on Facebook: "Wanted: suggestions for good UK/Euro PR companies to release a single. DM me!"
Now THAT sounds like a legit update...of sorts.

As far as "why would they", at this point they may never play live again in many places and if not touring, and probably not doing much of anything else, why not finish all of these songs they've come up with? I don't know what Dylan did or said to AE, but something is going on.

I would accept a "live" concert recording of them playing the new songs in a studio settings, like their own Peel session without...anyone or anything else.
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I think you're right there. Wouldn't an established, recording and releasing musician already have these contacts?
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
LyanvisAberrant

Probably rather cynical of me...
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Swinnow
Overbomber

LyanvisAberrant wrote: 15 Jul 2020, 19:07 I think you're right there. Wouldn't an established, recording and releasing musician already have these contacts?
Who is the current established recording and releasing musician?
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
sultan2075
Overbomber

Swinnow wrote: 15 Jul 2020, 21:00
LyanvisAberrant wrote: 15 Jul 2020, 19:07 I think you're right there. Wouldn't an established, recording and releasing musician already have these contacts?
Ben?

:innocent:
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
LyanvisAberrant

sultan2075 wrote: 15 Jul 2020, 21:07
Swinnow wrote: 15 Jul 2020, 21:00
Ben?

:innocent:
isn't he in a good few other bands? :)
Todashi

He edited his post to clarify it’s not for the sisters.

False alarm.
LyanvisAberrant

The most heartlandian case of mass hysteria? We're on edge!
Wilkstein
Road Kill

Anything can happen at this point, especially nothing.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Well, I'm not dissapointed.
At this point it's good they writing, and working on so many brand new songs, and even some of them were played live.
:|
deirfiur
Amphetamine Filth

The recorded output of this version of the girls could amount to the sum total of recorded output of the last version of the girls... I am reminded of a review of 'Waiting for Godot'... "A play in which nothing happens - twice" !!
Electrochrome

Todashi wrote: 15 Jul 2020, 21:40 He edited his post to clarify it’s not for the sisters.

False alarm.
LOL

Back to reality!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

deirfiur wrote: 16 Jul 2020, 10:02... I am reminded of a review of 'Waiting for Godot'... "A play in which nothing happens - twice" !!
I love that line :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

Its just a shame that Von insists on reducing himself to a nostalgia act. I think that the majority of people who goes to Sisters gigs don't frequent internet forums and Sisters related YouTube-channels. They want to hear the stuff they know and recognise, and when the unreleased songs gets played, my bet is they usually think it's some old b-side, or even some album track they've forgotten about. To them, The Sisters hasn't made any music since the 90s, and so therefore they're nothing but a nostalgia act. And if Von ever wants to change that, he needs to make sure that when those people check out The Sisters on Spotify, there are some new releases to be found there.
Like most of you though, I don't think he ever will. And that saddens me.
The dominant need of the needy soul is to be needed.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Von is a vicious beast, so calling TSOM nostalgia act, giving fact the newest setlist really include few brand-new, and unreleased songs, may be misleading.
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

Bartek wrote: 16 Jul 2020, 20:56 Von is a vicious beast, so calling TSOM nostalgia act, giving fact the newest setlist really include few brand-new, and unreleased songs, may be misleading.
You know that, and I know that. But does John Q Concertgoer?
The dominant need of the needy soul is to be needed.
Electrochrome

TheGoodSon wrote: 16 Jul 2020, 21:06
Bartek wrote: 16 Jul 2020, 20:56 Von is a vicious beast, so calling TSOM nostalgia act, giving fact the newest setlist really include few brand-new, and unreleased songs, may be misleading.
It's a fair point. I think folks on this forum are the minority obsessives even though we wish all Sisters concert-goers were as rapid. Based on what I've seen, there's also the population of John Q Concertgoer who feels obligated to go to a Sisters concert based on his wardrobe (or hers).
Electrochrome

To add more hope (::smirk::): their kindred spirits, the Furs, are putting out a new album for the first time in 29 years.

And remember, The Stooges ("Everyone loved the Stooges") went 34 years between studio albums...and even put out another a few years later.

Something tells me between Dylan and Dave, there's a much better chance of something happening than in 20+ years. Nobody can take away hope!
million voices
Slight Overbomber

There were 32 years between Dolls' albums
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

TheGoodSon wrote: 16 Jul 2020, 21:06
And that's why I wrote that he's vicious, he, obviously could do full nostlgia act, including hat, but he had chosen more difficult path, difficult also for said John, and Jane.
alanm
Amphetamine Filth

I mean come to think of it this is what Black Sail is all about:
A top notch troll all round.

Code: Select all

And in a gap between the stars.            >  stars = released albums
There is no captain till you do.           >  Von will do whatever the f$ck he pleases
We threw a line; we did not deep it.       >  he promised a release but didn't mean it
They were many, we are few.                >  there are lots of new songs! but studio recording is tedious

I keep my fireworks on the bridge.         >  Von keeps his recordings to himself
Hurl the crew from side to side.           >  he likes to f$ck around with his band members
Unfurl the sail, the world is wide.        >  he has other important stuff to do
They were many, we are few.                >  there are lots of new songs!! but releasing records is hard work

Heave away, heave away, boys.              >  the band members helped him write new songs
That's what you do.                        >  that's what they're for
Heave away, heave away, boys.              >  yup they fell for it
They were many, we are few.                >  lots of songs!!! but not for you
Do you remember a time when angels... do you remember a time when fear?
In the days when I was stronger, in the days when you were here?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

alanm wrote: 17 Jul 2020, 09:00 I mean come to think of it this is what Black Sail is all about:
A top notch troll all round.

Code: Select all

And in a gap between the stars.            >  stars = released albums
There is no captain till you do.           >  Von will do whatever the f$ck he pleases
We threw a line; we did not deep it.       >  he promised a release but didn't mean it
They were many, we are few.                >  there are lots of new songs! but studio recording is tedious

I keep my fireworks on the bridge.         >  Von keeps his recordings to himself
Hurl the crew from side to side.           >  he likes to f$ck around with his band members
Unfurl the sail, the world is wide.        >  he has other important stuff to do
They were many, we are few.                >  there are lots of new songs!! but releasing records is hard work

Heave away, heave away, boys.              >  the band members helped him write new songs
That's what you do.                        >  that's what they're for
Heave away, heave away, boys.              >  yup they fell for it
They were many, we are few.                >  lots of songs!!! but not for you

😂😂😂

but also

😭😭😭
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?