Eldritch and Morrissey?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Being645
Above the Chemist

With Glitter, it did not happen in the setting of his musical career. He went to Asian countries to follow his disposition.
It's bad luck to be born with this type of sexual orientation, but some people are, I guess. At the same time I think that
plenty of those abusing children sexually, don't really do it because children unfortunately are what attracts them sexually
(and, sadly enough, emotionally), but for reasons far away from any sort of sexual orientation, which is the worst about it .
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

With Glitter, it did not happen in the setting of his musical career
I might get this wrong but to me, that sounds a bit like kind of twisted way to explain Jimmy Page and others. But that wasn't like one time drunk/narcotic party activity, when no one knows and even cares what is his/her own name.
Both situations, in my opinon, are equal, you're abuse your power (whatever sort of) to intercurse with minor who have no or little idea what was going on your freedom(s) need to be limited to the sake of any other minors. Glitter and other were aware of age, while the only difference is age of victims.

I seriously don't care about and don't buy concept of pedophilia as born-with sexual orientation. Minor (and animals for born-with zoophila) must be protected from this type of creatures.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Gary Glitter certainly did use his musical career to predate upon young fans. There's a particularly disturbing clip of him and Jimmy Savile together on TV - see this video - with the pair of them openly perving off obviously under-age girls. (About 2 minutes in to the linked video) At one point Savile says "I shouldn't be giving girls away" :urff: :urff:

Incidentally Jimmy Page (age 76) - his current girlfriend Scarlett (31) is substantially younger than his daughter Scarlet (49)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Above the Chemist

Bartek wrote: 05 Aug 2020, 11:48
With Glitter, it did not happen in the setting of his musical career
Minor (and animals for born-with zoophila) must be protected from this type of creatures.
I fully agree to that !!!
markfiend wrote: 05 Aug 2020, 13:57 Gary Glitter certainly did use his musical career to predate upon young fans. There's a particularly disturbing clip of him and Jimmy Savile together on TV - see this video - with the pair of them openly perving off obviously under-age girls. (About 2 minutes in to the linked video) At one point Savile says "I shouldn't be giving girls away" :urff: :urff:
I didn't know that. It's just disgusting ... :urff: :urff: ...

Nobody should be allowed to abuse their whatever "superior" position to abuse others,
and for sure not kids or, as Bartek mentioned it, animals ... :urff: :urff: :urff: ...
Swinnow
Overbomber

Well said Being
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote: 28 Jul 2020, 11:35 Good find @GC thanks
Drifting back into more savoury matters, anyone ever read 'Not on the Voyage' (the book Eldritch enjoyed)?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Mothra wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 14:49 Drifting back into more savoury matters, anyone ever read 'Not on the Voyage' (the book Eldritch enjoyed)?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_Wanted_on_the_Voyage

Looks quite interesting.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
copper
Amphetamine Filth

As misspelled here :wink:

Interesting list, overall. You have your wordsmith books (e.g. Joyce's opus with every chapter in a different style, Marquez's one-paragraph book), and your cold "man to machine" scifi (Ballard, Gibson), books one might expect.

But then, there's the Biblical stuff. Eliot's Four Quartets, on divine love, was written after Ash-Wednesday, his famous poem about adopting religion. Kierkegaard's Fear and Trembling tells the story of Abraham and Isaac, asking can we judge Abe's obedience in (almost) sacrificing his son on the grounds of human morals. (Kierkegaard's answer is nope, by the way. When God told Abe to, he ascended to a higher moral level, where his actions and motives are beyond mortal laws.) And the KJV...
Phil
Amphetamine Filth

Johnny Marr said some nice things about TSOM and Eldritch in his recent book and so did Chuck D. If a man is judged by the company he keeps I reckon you can also judge a musician by the words written about him by other musicians in autobiographies. And I' m not sure many people write nice things about Mozzer. Possibly Chrissie Hynde did in her book but I haven't read it yet.
Anger Is An Energy
Wilkstein
Road Kill

markfiend wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 16:06
Mothra wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 14:49 Drifting back into more savoury matters, anyone ever read 'Not on the Voyage' (the book Eldritch enjoyed)?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_Wanted_on_the_Voyage

Looks quite interesting.
Headhunter by the same author is even better.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headhunter_(novel)
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

I've read Not Wanted on the Voyage. It's described as a dark and twisted version of the Noah's ark story. It's pretty good.https://www.amazon.co.uk/Not-Wanted-Voy ... 137&sr=8-3
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...