Walk Away?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Black Biscuit
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Can somebody explain Gary Marx's decision to leave the Sisters, circa 1985? As I am new around here, it's something I've wondered about, as I believe it was a topic raised from time to time in Sisters lyrics.

Was it a case of fame-o-phobia, or did Marx simply not get along with Eldritch? Or did success, and the hard work it entails, scare him? What were his reasons? :roll:
.... there is no semblance of rock 'n roll around here!
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Look at the picture on the back of First And Last. Who's the odd one out?
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

According the M!ss!on bio Marx was getting increasingly disenchanted with Andrew's method of working - sitting in the living room listening to Fleetwood Mac records while the other rehearsed only to comment 'you trashed that song very well'. In the end it was musical differences I'd say.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Black Biscuit wrote:Can somebody explain Gary Marx's decision to leave the Sisters, circa 1985?
Was it a case of fame-o-phobia, or did Marx simply not get along with Eldritch? Or did success, and the hard work it entails, scare him? What were his reasons? :roll:
Have a butchers at the interview with Mr Marx on this very forum, and the one in the last issue of Glasperlenspeil fanzine. Quite alot of his reasons for leaving are explained there.
The Scene won't save you...