Kenny Giles - what is real and what is not.

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
moses
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

panzerfaust wrote:
moses wrote:Who's Kenny Giles? Did he play for Leeds United?
pardon my ignorance, sir, in case you are attempting to breed in some quality humour, but his name and "occupation" is mentioned/explained even in the SGWBM booklet, which im pretty sure you own.
I don't own SGWBM as I have the original records and didn't feel a need to buy a collection when I have a collection. I googled him so now I know.
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
downtheante
Road Kill

Apologies for being slightly off-topic (and about 10 years late to this thread) but does anyone know if there is an archive of KG recorded music. I'm looking for recordings that we might have done there (The Odds and/or Moscow).
Pista
Cureboi

downtheante wrote:Apologies for being slightly off-topic (and about 10 years late to this thread) but does anyone know if there is an archive of KG recorded music. I'm looking for recordings that we might have done there (The Odds and/or Moscow).
Morning & welcome to Heartland.

I think your best bet would be discogs

It's not so much an archive, but more a catalogue.
That what you're after?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Gaijin

I think this is a PiB question via the theory of six degrees of seperation.

I vaguely recall something about a FB photo from a wedding, perhaps involving Gary Marx, and mention being made of KG living next door to a guest at that wedding.

But then the whole thing might just be my first ever acid flash-back.
"All God's children give good phone,
I called Jesus He's not home... "
mugabe

The notion that Kenny Giles walks on water is, also, I believe, not the truth, at least hitherto unproven. Wouldn’t put beyond him, though.
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
Original GS
Road Kill

Might be wrong on this and I can chase it up if anyone's interested, but I'm fairly sure that KG relocated from Brid to the Grove Road area of Wakefield in the mid-1980s. No idea where he is now or what he's doing.
Thanks to Pontiac Detroit and the citizens of Wakefield