Sisters do Brussels 21 & 22/02/2011!

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
User avatar
radiojamaica
Overbomber
Posts: 4852
Joined: 11 Apr 2005, 16:51
Location: Tower of Bass

czuczu wrote:Pics
Brussels, 21st Feb
Brussels, 22nd Feb

Brussels, 21st Feb
Pipeline
featuring some very wrong synchronised dancing :lol:

Brussels 22nd Feb
Kiss The Carpet
Floorshow
Train / Dr Jeep / Detonation Boulevard
Lucretia, First And Last And Always
Something Fast, Pipeline, Vision Thing

:kiss:

(sound is a bit s**t on video clips, sorry!)
Ooh, nice stuff Stuart :D :notworthy:

I missed the Train/Doc Jeep debacle because of a much needed pitstop at the bar, but it's still nice to have a laugh with it now though ;D
in dub we trust
User avatar
Bill Farmyard
Road Kill
Posts: 18
Joined: 02 Feb 2006, 12:20
Location: Pudsey, Leeds

Nice pics but have they forgotten to take the smoke machine to europe... maybe its still in leeds poly :lol:
User avatar
Garbageman
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 711
Joined: 31 Oct 2008, 00:16
Location: Cumming

Love the dance moves!!!
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
User avatar
cardoman
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1541
Joined: 26 Aug 2007, 19:23
Location: Where the lights shine on the aluminium

cardoman wrote:
lex3000 wrote:I can see I'm going to have lots of sets of postcards by the end of this tour as well.
http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/Sisters-Mercy-3 ... 2c5afd23ec
Twice sold for 15£ :eek:
Last edited by cardoman on 27 Feb 2011, 11:43, edited 1 time in total.
Was it Alice or our daughter Ellice???
User avatar
LouLou
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1076
Joined: 22 Dec 2006, 19:47
Location: "65"

:eek: indeed.

i'm going to end up with quite a few of those postcards by the time the tour's over, but there's no way in the world i'm going to flog them on evilbay... not for 17 quid anyway :twisted: :lol:
User avatar
cardoman
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1541
Joined: 26 Aug 2007, 19:23
Location: Where the lights shine on the aluminium

LouLou wrote::eek: indeed.

i'm going to end up with quite a few of those postcards by the time the tour's over, but there's no way in the world i'm going to flog them on evilbay... not for 17 quid anyway :twisted: :lol:
Regaining the ticket price ;D :wink:
Was it Alice or our daughter Ellice???
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12791
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

cardoman wrote:
LouLou wrote::eek: indeed.

i'm going to end up with quite a few of those postcards by the time the tour's over, but there's no way in the world i'm going to flog them on evilbay... not for 17 quid anyway :twisted: :lol:
Regaining the ticket price ;D :wink:
Ph ... I'd rather make use of them as - postcards, and definitely lovely ones ... so give me many, many ... :lol: ...
User avatar
euphoria
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1114
Joined: 11 Mar 2003, 19:39
Location: Berlin

cardoman wrote: Twice sold for 15£ :eek:
Incredible, some people really have too much money. They could have dropped me a line, I have two packages still unopened that I can give away for free. I don't have the collector disease ;D
User avatar
dtsom
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1501
Joined: 09 Sep 2005, 14:11
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Contact:

2019: Doctor music- Hamburg- Vilar de Mouro-London x2 - Brussels x 2- Stockholm- Gothenburg- Paris
User avatar
mandrake
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 257
Joined: 27 Feb 2006, 20:07
Contact:

dtsom wrote:http://www.cuttingedge.be/music/gigs/29 ... ab-brussel

use google translater for it!!!!
+

that's a bollox review.if anything the sisters
are not on autopilot.strange review
User avatar
cardoman
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1541
Joined: 26 Aug 2007, 19:23
Location: Where the lights shine on the aluminium

euphoria wrote:
cardoman wrote: Twice sold for 15£ :eek:
Incredible, some people really have too much money. They could have dropped me a line, I have two packages still unopened that I can give away for free. I don't have the collector disease ;D
free giving away section of ebay? ;D
Was it Alice or our daughter Ellice???
User avatar
radiojamaica
Overbomber
Posts: 4852
Joined: 11 Apr 2005, 16:51
Location: Tower of Bass

mandrake wrote:
dtsom wrote:http://www.cuttingedge.be/music/gigs/29 ... ab-brussel

use google translater for it!!!!
+

that's a bollox review.if anything the sisters
are not on autopilot.strange review
Well, they were kinda on autopilot that first night... Too bad every reviewer only did the first night. Now the second night was something else alltogether!
in dub we trust
User avatar
mandrake
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 257
Joined: 27 Feb 2006, 20:07
Contact:

radiojamaica wrote:
mandrake wrote:
dtsom wrote:http://www.cuttingedge.be/music/gigs/29 ... ab-brussel

use google translater for it!!!!
+

that's a bollox review.if anything the sisters
are not on autopilot.strange review
Well, they were kinda on autopilot that first night... Too bad every reviewer only did the first night. Now the second night was something else alltogether!
Oh ok.. :oops: But still a crappy review... :wink:
User avatar
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1804
Joined: 05 May 2002, 01:00
Location: Glasgow

Thanks so much to everyone who has taken the time and effort to make recordings and share them here :notworthy: :D :notworthy: For me, the 2nd night in Brussels has been the favourite so far (although the 1st night in Budapest comes a close second). After a relatively sedate crowd the night before, it was great to see the AB crowd return to normality the night after i.e. just the right amount of boisterousness at the front and feeling the 2nd row sliding backwards and forwards behind :lol: Seeing and hearing these gigs again, I'm very glad to see that the stunning sound and lights are not just a product of my admittedly subjective mind! There's a very special feel to this tour and it's clearly rubbing off on the band and the crowd. Eldritch has been on great form and seems to be enjoying himself a lot. Also, being able to chill out in the venues afterwards (as opposed tobeing ejected the minute the lights go back on) is a most welcome experience. Pity it all has to end...
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
User avatar
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 283
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 14:35
Location: Prague

...finally found some time to download Brussels vids from my cell phone too...

These are from both nights with similar features:
- with few exceptions not whole songs (sometimes fragments of one, sometimes of two...), this is not only because my inconsistency, but also because of my eagerness just to selfishly watch, shout etc, and also because of wild athmosphere - mostly on second night, you know... :lol:
- sound is usually rather good, I would say
- picture differs, more sharp with pale colours, much worse with unfriendly combination of red and blue, that is how adrenochrome is... :roll:

First night: (21.2.)
Intro + Lucretia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_fGWNkb9Q0
Detonation Blvd + Will I Dream: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv6ztAyTDqw
Marian + Giving Ground: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUf1xMguEHw
Summer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRLjhbBfWi4
Gift That Shines (whole song): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd51gU8zBm4
Never Land (whole song): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIEphwMfYr4
More (whole song): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be2qks76yJQ
FALAA + Pipeline (whole FALAA): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-1dYETuimU

Second night: (22.2.)
Kiss The Carpet (whole song): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC1-ZS1agJk
Dominion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d6ps2DDsVE
Floorshow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mHOgkkyD2E
Flood II: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYX_g4cRCAM
Rain From Heaven (whole song, with that Andrew's liquid gift...): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dbWpItjyKE
Something Fast (whole song): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1Riz9StGSQ

end of winter's transmission...
Right On Venom And Revenge
User avatar
Robson
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 173
Joined: 17 Apr 2010, 21:44
Location: Belgium

Review of Belgian online musiczine, both nights

http://www.musiczine.net/nl/review-conc ... estuurder/
- since 1992 -
User avatar
cardoman
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1541
Joined: 26 Aug 2007, 19:23
Location: Where the lights shine on the aluminium

Robson wrote:Review of Belgian online musiczine, both nights

http://www.musiczine.net/nl/review-conc ... estuurder/
Thousands of goth bands dream of once in the program to stand for the band itself as one of the inventors of the goth sound can call. Impossible it seems, because even though they have become filthy rich , still want Mr Eldritch with nothing to do with this one and if there are too many goths showed up, that happens sometimes with his back to the audience plays as it once was the case in Rock Ternat. Either he drives the spot with his fans, like yesterday, to day in a bright yellow fluopak.

And he deserves it!
Was it Alice or our daughter Ellice???
User avatar
paul
Overbomber
Posts: 3206
Joined: 02 Apr 2002, 01:00

The last 5 lines sound okay though :lol:
User avatar
czuczu
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1866
Joined: 24 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: UK

sukhoi wrote:...finally found some time to download Brussels vids from my cell phone too...

These are from both nights with similar features:
- with few exceptions not whole songs (sometimes fragments of one, sometimes of two...), this is not only because my inconsistency, but also because of my eagerness just to selfishly watch, shout etc, and also because of wild athmosphere - mostly on second night, you know... :lol:
- sound is usually rather good, I would say
- picture differs, more sharp with pale colours, much worse with unfriendly combination of red and blue, that is how adrenochrome is... :roll:

<snip>

end of winter's transmission...
:notworthy:
Nice clip of the 2 Andrews in Rain From Heaven :D
User avatar
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian
Posts: 8836
Joined: 29 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: Long Dark Forties
Contact:

cardoman wrote:
Robson wrote:Review of Belgian online musiczine, both nights

http://www.musiczine.net/nl/review-conc ... estuurder/
Thousands of goth bands dream of once in the program to stand for the band itself as one of the inventors of the goth sound can call. Impossible it seems, because even though they have become filthy rich , still want Mr Eldritch with nothing to do with this one and if there are too many goths showed up, that happens sometimes with his back to the audience plays as it once was the case in Rock Ternat. Either he drives the spot with his fans, like yesterday, to day in a bright yellow fluopak.

And he deserves it!
I like Didier Becu's reviews! :lol:

He was spot on, according to what I heard from the attendants. Night one was meh, night two was super! :D

IZ.
.
.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
.
.
User avatar
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 283
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 14:35
Location: Prague

czuczu wrote:
sukhoi wrote:...finally found some time to download Brussels vids from my cell phone too...

These are from both nights with similar features:
- with few exceptions not whole songs (sometimes fragments of one, sometimes of two...), this is not only because my inconsistency, but also because of my eagerness just to selfishly watch, shout etc, and also because of wild athmosphere - mostly on second night, you know... :lol:
- sound is usually rather good, I would say
- picture differs, more sharp with pale colours, much worse with unfriendly combination of red and blue, that is how adrenochrome is... :roll:

<snip>

end of winter's transmission...
:notworthy:
Nice clip of the 2 Andrews in Rain From Heaven :D
you're welcome :notworthy: . And, great to meet you!
Right On Venom And Revenge
User avatar
radiojamaica
Overbomber
Posts: 4852
Joined: 11 Apr 2005, 16:51
Location: Tower of Bass

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
cardoman wrote:
Robson wrote:Review of Belgian online musiczine, both nights

http://www.musiczine.net/nl/review-conc ... estuurder/
Thousands of goth bands dream of once in the program to stand for the band itself as one of the inventors of the goth sound can call. Impossible it seems, because even though they have become filthy rich , still want Mr Eldritch with nothing to do with this one and if there are too many goths showed up, that happens sometimes with his back to the audience plays as it once was the case in Rock Ternat. Either he drives the spot with his fans, like yesterday, to day in a bright yellow fluopak.

And he deserves it!
I like Didier Becu's reviews! :lol:

He was spot on, according to what I heard from the attendants. Night one was meh, night two was super! :D

IZ.
Too bad the whole review is about that 1st one and only a few lines about the better one...
in dub we trust
User avatar
sisterstekland
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 953
Joined: 20 Mar 2006, 17:50
Location: france
Contact:

User avatar
Robson
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 173
Joined: 17 Apr 2010, 21:44
Location: Belgium

sisterstekland wrote:Full show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAP1pmxDIC8
thanks very much
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker
Posts: 4533
Joined: 11 Jul 2002, 01:00

nice 8)

this is interesting (if true) ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v-uZd0ZGhg
post edited to ensure GDPR compliance
Locked