how do you rate this tour??

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

for me it was superb!!!!

I was in Leeds(2 nights) and Luxemburg and I think the 3 of them was brilliant, Luxemburg was a quiet one but anyway I enjoyed a lot!!!!

8.5 of 10

I think best tour since 2005 summer one

EDIT: KISS THE CARPET ,MORE AN GIFT THAT SHINE WERE A GREAT SURPRISE TOO!!!
Last edited by dtsom on 07 Mar 2011, 11:04, edited 1 time in total.
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Saw Leeds, Leeds, Berlin.

Since I saw them in 2009, the sound and the setlist have improved greatly. I hope More and Kiss the Carpet stay in the setlist forever.

I think it's the best tour since (but not as good as) the original "Summer" tour 1998, which will never be beaten.

To be honest though, it hasn't happened that much in all those years.
Badlander
Overbomber

A most excellent tour. Great setlists, great sound, great light show, and truly terri-fcuking-fic performances from the boys. I just love Chris' showmanship ! :notworthy:
One regret though : it ended way too soon. :wink:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Azazel666
Road Kill

unfortunately i only got to see the opening night, but if all the rest were as good, which I believe they were, then it should have been a fantastic affair!
i dont exist when you dont see me
Back in time
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

To quote one of HL-ers I met in Budapest
"Bloody Brilliant"
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the reaper man.
centurionofprix

Only saw Budapest, but that was a trip most fantastic. Brilliant shows.
bobby
Road Kill

I saw the 2 Bruxelles, Tilburg, Esch & Paris.
Really a great tour, the best for me since 1998 (Bruxelles was incredible) with Von in very good mood and a good sound.
I'm happy the setlist changed every night and John in Tilburg was a great moment.
Happy Eva who make all the dates...
Sita

Fantastic. Saw them 2x in Leeds, and yesterday doctoravalanche's videos of the Paris gig online... :eek:... I'm amazed that the longer the tour went on, the better they sounded. Maybe it was just the sound mix and coincidence, but OMG, Eldritch's voice!!!
I'm afraid I got a crush on that voice again :oops: ;D

In Leeds I had a bit of the feeling that Eldritch was in a nonverbal way communicating "silly buggers, I don't know why you are putting me on a pedestal" but judging from the videos, their stage presence got more and more playful and I think in the Paris videos, you can see Eldritch doing the Travolta pose and during one song almost ripping his shirt. The glam!!! :D

And Catalyst and Christo - I didn't understand that line-up before. All I saw was very very bad snippets on Youtube, and when they played my town I completely missed it, because there was no advertising at all. Plus you would see quite vile comments online like "the Sisters at the end of their career". So, overall, it made me a bit sad to think about the Sisters.
Past and forgotten - they are fierce.

If I can catch up with them again later this year I will definitely go, and also recommend going to my friends. I think that's the test of how good you think a band really is live. At least I like to think that I'm so objective that I can distinguish between music only I enjoy, cause it's an acquired taste, or stuff that others would like too.

Long story short: AAB! :notworthy:

(triple-A when Eldritch lays off the fluorescent polyester shirts ;D )
Badlander
Overbomber

Sita wrote: (triple-A when Eldritch lays off the fluorescent polyester shirts ;D )
But he so much likes to p*ss you off ! ;D
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
sultan2075
Overbomber

Sita wrote: And Catalyst and Christo - I didn't understand that line-up before. All I saw was very very bad snippets on Youtube, and when they played my town I completely missed it, because there was no advertising at all. Plus you would see quite vile comments online like "the Sisters at the end of their career". So, overall, it made me a bit sad to think about the Sisters.
Past and forgotten - they are fierce.
I've always liked Catalyst, but it took me a while to warm up to Ben Christo. I think his playing was a little too heavy-metal for my tastes initially, but each tour he seems better, and I've really enjoyed his playing on the recordings of this tour.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Salome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Sita wrote: Long story short: AAB! :notworthy:

(triple-A when Eldritch lays off the fluorescent polyester shirts ;D )
I'm with you on this one! God, I hate that shirt.. :von:
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Leeds was ace, wish I could have done more as they've all looked rather fab'n'groovy.
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
radiojamaica
Overbomber

What I like most about this tour is that they're becoming a band again. Si is finally getting his place and is the 4th Sister on stage. I love that 8) :notworthy:
If you ask me I'd say they're actually having fun nowadays ;D

Also great to see the changing setlists, the new covers and the other extras (the postcards, the posters, Kiss The Carpet, ...) and sound seemed to be pretty good during the whole tour.

Happy birthday, dear Sisters :kiss: :notworthy:
in dub we trust
_emma_
Overbomber

Well I loved everything, the glittering ball, the fire eaters, the filmic delights, the songs before and after the gigs, the songs during the gigs, the choice of venues, the lack of press photographers in between the band and audience, and the fact that the lead singer was so generous with showing us some of his finest posing. :oops: :notworthy:
I'm already thinking hard about my finances because I'll need some new money for July. ;D
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

They have been improving year on year from the absolute low point that was the Silver Bullet tour,indeed I genuinely feel sorry for anyone that only saw them in 2006.This tour the band have been on top form,from night to night,and as has been mentioned previously,they are a proper band again rather than just Von and a couple of hired hands.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Bill Hicks
Amphetamine Filth
Location: stuck inside of my mobile with the Memphis blues again.

Have to agree.

Way better than 2003 & 2006 - you could actually see and hear AE!
I still really enjoyed 2001 - there was still hope for a new CD then.

Thought 2009 was good, but that was a longer tour. I think they benefited form the length of this tour and EVERY show mattered.

Only negative, was no groovy XXX tour-shirt!

Great setlists, changing every night. Band in a gret mood, enjoying themselves.

Lets do it all again in 2016! (But not in Las Vegas, if you don't mind!)
lachert
Overbomber

i saw leeds, leeds, berlin and paris and i'm glad with it.
poor we can't make brussels :? but thanks god that paris was such speciall as leeds (same good? better? i don't know, kill me. different anyway).
let's forget about berlin, which was just normal sisters gig without fireworks, and you've got dream-tour :lol:

same t-shirt but different setlists every gig :lol: that's the spirit :lol:
thanks for that and keep on rocking boys :notworthy:
long live rock'n'roll
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

I went to both Leeds gigs plus Berlin and I liked all gigs so yeah - it's a classy tour if you ask me. Afterwards I wish I would have seen more shows like Brussel or Paris but unfortunately this would have become too pricey for me.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

I liked it enough to be looking into travel arrangements for Sonicsphere right now ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:I liked it enough to be looking into travel arrangements for Sonicsphere right now ;D
ditto :wink:
in dub we trust
Sita

radiojamaica wrote:
Obviousman wrote:I liked it enough to be looking into travel arrangements for Sonicsphere right now ;D
ditto :wink:
Yeah it added an interesting new aspect to holidaying in Norway, kinda close to Helsinki, in July :innocent:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

I like your style :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

went to leeds x 2 & then paris, so we book-ended the tour, and the gigs were the most consistently amazing sisters gigs i've ever been to. superb 8) :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
paul
Overbomber

8/10 I'd say!
Venus
Amphetamine Filth

Ultra extremely enjoyable. Did Brussels, Tilburg & Esch. 2nd night Brussels & Tilburg were my favourites. What an excellent band they are. Listening to some of the recordings on YT gives me the goose bumps again.

Loved it all; the setlists, lights, smoke, visuals, playlists (DB & Boney M :lol:), cards, Chris jumping about, fire eaters, John and the moves (faint), the orange scarf and even the much hated yellow shirt :oops: And last but not least all the wonderful people I have met.

So a big thank you to TSOM & crew. YOU ROCK!!!!