October 12: Glasgow ABC

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2015
Being645
Above the Chemist

euphoria wrote:Finally a YT clip, bit of the extended Lucretia;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkqXK8mnYIc
Note of the uploader:
No photography or filming allowed - request by band not the venue.

I had to hide the camera when filming, hence the dodgy first15 sec. Wasn't actually sure what I had filmed until I downloaded, not the best of angles but the sound is pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVUKiyzpKHE - More

:lol: :lol:
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:

Note of the uploader:

I had to hide the camera when filming, hence the dodgy first15 sec. Wasn't actually sure what I had filmed until I downloaded, not the best of angles but the sound is pretty good.

Many people wrote on Fb that there was some camera police; they were continuously watching and they warned several people that it was prohibited. And the security people also took one person, who was using his camera, from the first row to the back. So… the video shooting chances have changed. :roll:
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Joy wrote: And the security people also took one person, who was using his camera, from the first row to the back. So… the video shooting chances have changed. :roll:
Nothing really new, it happened few Times to me when I was taking pictures even at TSOM. Once my camera was checked by, luckly, some security guy who didn't knew what he was doing, another time I had to pay for 'storage' of my camera as I was stopped by security at the gate.
They (he) do care about that when he wants to.
Joy

Bartek wrote:
Joy wrote: And the security people also took one person, who was using his camera, from the first row to the back. So… the video shooting chances have changed. :roll:
Nothing really new, it happened few Times to me when I was taking pictures even at TSOM. Once my camera was checked by, luckly, some security guy who didn't knew what he was doing, another time I had to pay for 'storage' of my camera as I was stopped by security at the gate.
The situation is different because the Security people told everyone that upon the request of the band using the cameras was prohibited.
You coulnd't take professional cameras inside so far either but this time you could not even record anything with cellphones.
(I recorded several gigs at the first row - which was easy to see - and neither the security nor the band have ever expressed any objections.)
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Being645
Above the Chemist

Joy wrote:
Being645 wrote:

Note of the uploader:

Many people wrote on Fb that there was some camera police; they were continuously watching and they warned several people that it was prohibited. And the security people also took one person, who was using his camera, from the first row to the back. So… the video shooting chances have changed. :roll:
Please note, that in my post the - :lol: :lol: - is originally positioned here:
I don't think it's funny that they changed their photo and recording policy! It's a loss to all of us if there are no videos!
Methedrone
Amphetamine Filth

Was a similar situation in 2011 at this venue, I filmed the show there then got hassled by security afterwards, came out with some story that a band member had seen me filming & requested the footage be deleted. I asked him which band member it was but he wouldn't answer. Filmed both Leeds shows & London that year without problem. Go figure.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Joy wrote:
Bartek wrote:
The situation is different because the Security people told everyone that upon the request of the band using the cameras was prohibited.
You coulnd't take professional cameras inside so far either but this time you could not even record anything with cellphones.
(I recorded several gigs at the first row - which was easy to see - and neither the security nor the band have ever expressed any objections.)
On the other hand, if you go to gig, listen and watch. :wink:. I can undestand that.

but seriously, I saw that but never at TSOM gig. In Kraków 2006 and 2009 I was told that The Band wish not to be filmed and taken pictures (at least no longer than first 3 songs). I Warsaw (2009)0 that the same; what's when my camera was take 'for storage' for the gig.
Joy

Being645 wrote:
Joy wrote:
Being645 wrote: Note of the uploader:

Please note, that in my post the - :lol: :lol: - is originally positioned here:
I don't think it's funny that they changed their photo and recording policy! It's a loss to all of us if there are no videos!
Sorry for using the Quote option the wrong way but I understand your point.
As far as I can see there are no professional photos either. Usually there are some at this time after the gigs.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

After reading some statements in more recent interviews (= stuff I read during the last years) I had the impression the band became pretty "easy going" about tapers/Filmers/youtube clips. It appears the climate might've change a bit - perhaps just a "mood of the day" thing^^
eotunun
Overbomber

stefan moermans wrote:
christophe wrote:1959 :o
I want that letlist for Antwerp please :D
ticket :urff:
The Cologne gig hasn´t sold out yet. 2½ hour drive from Brussels. :wink:
There is shadow under this red rock
Pista
Cureboi

DocSommer wrote:After reading some statements in more recent interviews (= stuff I read during the last years) I had the impression the band became pretty "easy going" about tapers/Filmers/youtube clips. It appears the climate might've change a bit - perhaps just a "mood of the day" thing^^
I recall , when I was at the XXX shows in Budapest, scardy telling me that the band have a couple of their own filmer/ taper spotters in the venue.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Re:filming. The Glasgow gig was basically a warm up gig for the tour, perhaps the band didn't want footage of possible forgotten verses , bum notes and sound problems circulating.

More likely Von had a bad hair day.
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

[quote="Pat"]Re:filming. The Glasgow gig was basically a warm up gig for the tour, perhaps the band didn't want footage of possible forgotten verses , bum notes and sound problems circulating.

More likely Von had a bad hair day.[/quote :notworthy: :notworthy: :lol: :lol:
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

The Glasgow gig was basically a warm up gig for the tour, perhaps the band didn't want footage of possible forgotten verses , bum notes and sound problems circulating.
Perhaps but you'll find these moments during the tour as well...

I try and review things before uploading them on YT since I know that there are not just fans watching - sort of a "quality instead of quantity" motto.

Still people's opinions tend to differ sometimes but the amount of negative comments has been and is still pretty low. Pretty much the same reaction I can see on other peoples videos.
I recall , when I was at the XXX shows in Budapest, scardy telling me that the band have a couple of their own filmer/ taper spotters in the venue.
...y..e..s... :lol:
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Pat wrote:Re:filming. The Glasgow gig was basically a warm up gig for the tour, perhaps the band didn't want footage of possible forgotten verses , bum notes and sound problems circulating.

In fairness, there's no reason a jobsworth loves to give for running someone else buzz than I'm just doing what THEY told me!

Hopefully, the rest of the shows will be more relaxed.

On the other side of things, I see that the tour t-shirt is on milf superstores
http://www.mflstores.com/mfl/the-sister ... shirt.html
I really hope they have it at the other venues because I want to get it tomorrow!
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
abridged
Slight Overbomber

bangles wrote:
Pat wrote:Re:filming. The Glasgow gig was basically a warm up gig for the tour, perhaps the band didn't want footage of possible forgotten verses , bum notes and sound problems circulating.

In fairness, there's no reason a jobsworth loves to give for running someone else buzz than I'm just doing what THEY told me!

Hopefully, the rest of the shows will be more relaxed.

On the other side of things, I see that the tour t-shirt is on milf superstores
http://www.mflstores.com/mfl/the-sister ... shirt.html
I really hope they have it at the other venues because I want to get it tomorrow!
Damn. Didn't actually see that one in Glasgow. Sigh another un Leeds then! ;-)
The Chancer Corporation
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:The end of Valentine was definitely under-rehearsed. And yes, what's the odd missed verse here and there between friends. His voice is definitely too shot for Body Electric too.
The wee old guy incident enlivening the inevitable Flood was certainly weird, Von finger-wagging "You have been doing that a lot tonight..." (there was an audible gasp at this point whilst everyone waiting for the waspish put-down)"...and..and it's not helping."
I have just read your blog review, great stuff! :notworthy:

http://sistersfan.blogspot.co.uk/

Did he say something specific about the US? Started to wonder if there was a war theme like in 2003 this year when I saw the setlist, with Jihad followed by Valentine..
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

abridged wrote:On the other side of things, I see that the tour t-shirt is on milf superstores
MILF superstores? Better not check that site at work.
Four strings good, six strings bad
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

set looks good. out of the songs theyve played live before i have never seen them play a rock and a hard place, which is nice. shame no time to cry is missing. i love 1959 but i cant imagine it working live (backing-track piano, cant-sing wont-sing...) and theres no need for unestablished covers at this stage of the game surely? but nevertheless....

...and i'm deffo getting a body electric shirt if they come in fat fucker. cvant wait. :D
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

New video up with promise of more to come, sounds good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2WKBzuGKA8

I love the guru :notworthy:
Being645
Above the Chemist

euphoria wrote:New video up with promise of more to come, sounds good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2WKBzuGKA8

I love the guru :notworthy:
Thank you for posting ... :notworthy: ...

That comes in absolutely useful at the moment ... *sigh, suffer ...

Here's the second one - Body Electric
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCyzneqqpx4
nigel d
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

went to leeds last night. loads of phones filming, (including mine). i was at the front and was clearly visible to "security" and the band. no issues. (in fact i hope to have captured some really nice pics/footage) I did notice though that there was a "professional" photographer type being allowed to wander aimlessly around the venue both front of stage (betwixt barrier and stage) and back with a very large SLR type camera. (early on i did notice "security" pointing people out in the audience, somewhere near the centre, not sure why though.)
i am more likely to release an album before the sisters
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

A case of Glasgow security does it again then! Incidentally, I thought the Glasgow gig was stunning - better tsetlist than Leeds and, for me, more atmosphere.
nigel d wrote:went to leeds last night. loads of phones filming, (including mine). i was at the front and was clearly visible to "security" and the band. no issues. (in fact i hope to have captured some really nice pics/footage) I did notice though that there was a "professional" photographer type being allowed to wander aimlessly around the venue both front of stage (betwixt barrier and stage) and back with a very large SLR type camera. (early on i did notice "security" pointing people out in the audience, somewhere near the centre, not sure why though.)
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Was nice to meet folk in Sleazys, even if I had no idea who half of you were. :lol:

Glad the gig went alright. 8)