October 17: Manchester Ritz

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2015
Silver_Owl
The Don

:von:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Booked my hotel , bloody difficult to find one within staggering distance of the venue that isn't full, the Premier Inn I stayed at when T'Mishun played in May is full as is the posher Midalnd Hotel around the corner. Got in at the Ibis budget around from Oxford Road , budget being a relative term as it is costing me £105 quid. Bloody saturday nights .
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
SmileySister
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I'll definitely be at this one :D
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

a bit out of my way with no car, and not a straightforward national express jobby....might have to wangle it on the train. two gigs isnt enough and i'm def not going down to the smoke. or auld reekie.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:a bit out of my way with no car, and not a straightforward national express jobby....might have to wangle it on the train.
The venue is within spitting distance Of Oxford Road station but if you are going to stay in a hotel get it booked as soon as you can.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"

we fall to rise
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: i'm def not going to auld reekie.
No need to as they're not playing Edinburgh! It's like getting a Nottingham and Leicester mixed up :twisted:
eastmidswhizzkid

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
No need to as they're not playing Edinburgh! It's like getting a Nottingham and Leicester mixed up :twisted:
wouldnt bother me in the slightest....i'm used to people from other parts of the country who mostly hear "midlands" in "east midlands" and say "...birmingham?" ...so whatever the fuck...like people oop north who think everywhere below doncaster is "the south" and southerners who think the top part of the m25 is the north/south divide.
i'm sure my utter lack of jockish -or "scotch" if you will- "ken" is only matched by my completely not giving two fucks....it's hundreds of miles away and basically just some country that we steal oil from and use to park our nukes in, that doesnt really want to be owned by england but seems incapable of doing anything about it; where EVERYONE is called "Jimmy", eats deep-fried mars bars dipped in porridge and calls a skirt a kilt to deny its national cult of transvesticism. "ock aye the noo, Nessie!" :roll:

paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

when it's over, will i learn?

when i get my digs sorted, i'll share where you can get a nice place a few mins walk (i stay there a lot) for £87 - no panic on avaialbilty
Goths have feelings too
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:wouldnt bother me in the slightest....i'm used to people from other parts of the country who mostly hear "midlands" in "east midlands" and say "...birmingham?" ...so whatever the fuck...like people oop north who think everywhere below doncaster is "the south" and southerners who think the top part of the m25 is the north/south divide.
i'm sure my utter lack of jockish -or "scotch" if you will- "ken" is only matched by my completely not giving two fucks....it's hundreds of miles away and basically just some country that we steal oil from and use to park our nukes in, that doesnt really want to be owned by england but seems incapable of doing anything about it; where EVERYONE is called "Jimmy", eats deep-fried mars bars dipped in porridge and calls a skirt a kilt to deny its national cult of transvesticism. "ock aye the noo, Nessie!" :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I love you in full on rant mode. You're the best! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

:lol:
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
Dizzy
Road Kill

Excellent rant - keep up the good work.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
wouldnt bother me in the slightest....i'm used to people from other parts of the country who mostly hear "midlands" in "east midlands" and say "...birmingham?" ...so whatever the fuck...like people oop north who think everywhere below doncaster is "the south" and southerners who think the top part of the m25 is the north/south divide.
Lee, as a Scot, I'm not that perturbed or surprised at your rant, apart from the image being conjured up by a "National Express jobby":-D
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Kerry and I will probably do the Manchester gig 8)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

ribbons69 wrote:...the posher Midalnd Hotel around the corner...
I've just booked in the Midland. It's not full, but it's not cheap either.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

markfiend wrote:
ribbons69 wrote:...the posher Midalnd Hotel around the corner...
I've just booked in the Midland. It's not full, but it's not cheap either.
Damn right! But at least we get to see the wait-staff shut the bar at 6am, and then serve us breakfast. :wink: :lol:
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Tickets bought! WOOOOOOOO!
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

Ticket bought! :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
eastmidswhizzkid

Andrew S wrote:
Lee, as a Scot, I'm not that perturbed or surprised at your rant, apart from the image being conjured up by a "National Express jobby":-D
bless you, i think you're safe as long as you don't flush when the vehicle is in the station. :lol:

SmileySister
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Two tickets bought & can't wait :D
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

BTW does the Ritz still have the sprung ballroom floor?
—Bertrand Russell
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

It won't be sprung by the time we're finished. :P
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Andrew S wrote:
bless you, i think you're safe as long as you don't flush when the vehicle is in the station. :lol:
Damnit Lee, how else am I supposed to amuse myself on the way there?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Andrew S wrote:It won't be sprung by the time we're finished. :P
:lol: :notworthy:
—Bertrand Russell
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

paint it black wrote:when it's over, will i learn?

when i get my digs sorted, i'll share where you can get a nice place a few mins walk (i stay there a lot) for £87 - no panic on avaialbilty
ended up in IBIS, £95 :eek: the Holiday Inn Express price has climed from £87 to £105 in a day :?

who is going to NMA in York on our day off :von:
Goths have feelings too
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

paint it black wrote:
paint it black wrote:when it's over, will i learn?

ended up in IBIS, £95 :eek: the Holiday Inn Express price has climed from £87 to £105 in a day :?

who is going to NMA in York on our day off :von:
Is that the laughably named Ibis Budget? Fraulein ribbons and myself are in there.

we fall to rise
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Where's the meetup beforehand? Or shall we discuss that nearer the time?
—Bertrand Russell