USA dates

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2015
Garbageman
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Any news? Gossip? Rumours?
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Yes, they'll be playing 4 dates in September at Madison Square Garden, all already sold out, then a week later 3 gigs at the Hollywood Bowl, still some tickets left.

You wanted rumour, right... :wink:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

EvilBastard wrote:Yes, they'll be playing 4 dates in September at Madison Square Garden, all already sold out, then a week later 3 gigs at the Hollywood Bowl, still some tickets left.

You wanted rumour, right... :wink:
:lol: :lol:
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I heard something about blast from the past - tour with Public Enemy, and even more - with Motorhead.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Bartek wrote:I heard something about blast from the past - tour with Public Enemy, and even more - with Motorhead.
PE are livin' it up with The Cult, Motorhead have temporarily shelved touring due to Lemmy's health.
Four strings good, six strings bad
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

So I heard it will be a tour to promote the new records (15-volume vinyl set, all new material). Oh and since Gary and Von are writing songs together, he and and Craig will be joining Von and Chris & Ben on tour.
My life is one long week of stupid clothing benders.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Garbageman wrote:Any news? Gossip? Rumours?
It's very likely (and rumours have it) they have tried more than once since 2008, and I believe they will try it once more. But it takes more effort and pays off less than a small tour in Western Europe.

That being said, I think they could do something similar to the Event Horizon Tour 1998, ie a few dates on each coast, or a dozen of dates in the biggest cities. I don't think we'll ever see another mammoth tour of 25 dates again, though.

Why not this winter, when the band turn 35. I mean they tour *without* any particular reason, and even more so if they have one :wink:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

My guess might be wrong, but I think that they effort to play in US that tour had probably something with luring rec. comp. by showing that, even without any new album since 15 years (2006), they're still capable to fulfil some medium, medium-low size venues/clubs even in US when they weren't loved that much.
Or that tour was maybe to please themselves, in the other words for fun (and some profit). :wink:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

At least you will have the Violets in the US this year, but a TSOM trip is long overdue.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

as far as i know dates are grown in the middle east so i imagine if america wants any it'll have to fabricate a reason to invade. :innocent:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: