1988 Long Interview

Post your reviews of Sisters-related material or interviews with Sisters-related musicians here. And don't believe the hype: 1985 most definitely is a fashion statement.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

This was posted on Youtube today, not sure if it's new to you guys, but it was new to me. A long interview with AE and Patricia, which sounds like it would be really interesting if AE wasn't mumbling so much and if there wasn't a DIABOLIC amount of hiss on the recording. Any way of cleaning it up?

Early on, AE claims they want to bang out the follow-up to Floodland as soon as possible. If only!

Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Being645
Above the Chemist

MrChris wrote: 11 Feb 2021, 23:22 [...] Any way of cleaning [this] up? [...]

Yes hell, how did I miss this? A one and a half hour interwiew from an era without gigs ... :bat: :eek: :bat: ...
Should be cool to have a better sounding version of it, if only someone could see to this... anybody? Please, please, please ... :) ...
Icon
Amphetamine Filth

I‘ve given up, since it‘s so much mumbling and a loud hiss that I don‘t understand anything. Unfortunately I‘m completely useless with anything technical. So - where are the tech wizzards??? :D
Would be really lovely if somebody figured out a way to get rid of the hiss. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Pista
Cureboi

Blimey. Was the dictaphone in an entirely different room or building?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

is that from the old baktabak interview picture discs?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Being645
Above the Chemist

Quiff Boy wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 12:34 is that from the old baktabak interview picture discs?
To all likeliness not. This is over an hour long while the 12" picture disc just like the four 7"s altogether are only 29min.

https://sisterswiki.org/BAKTABAK_12%22_ ... cture_Disc
https://sisterswiki.org/BAKTABAK_4_x_7% ... Collection
czuczu
Overbomber

I tried a bunch of filters but didn't come up with a combination that made it any more listenable - the more you remove and compress, the more digital squonk you introduce. Interviewer and Trish were perfectly ok but the usual suspect remained inaudible...
DJElectricDaddy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Location: Where the sun shines bright. Where the rain don’t fall

If anyone knows how to snag a YouTube video these days as all the ones I used to use have gone bye bye, I have izotope rx that does this sort of restoration. Nothing to lose I guess
Somewhere on a tiny planet
crawl some ants called the human race
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
Pista
Cureboi

DJElectricDaddy wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 00:18 If anyone knows how to snag a YouTube video these days as all the ones I used to use have gone bye bye, I have izotope rx that does this sort of restoration. Nothing to lose I guess
You can pretty easily snag the audio using the online tool at youtubetomp4 dot org.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

DJElectricDaddy wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 00:18 If anyone knows how to snag a YouTube video these days as all the ones I used to use have gone bye bye, I have izotope rx that does this sort of restoration. Nothing to lose I guess
https://www.3dyd.com/
Icon
Amphetamine Filth

Lovely that you‘re trying to do it. Honestly I must say to me you‘re speaking in tongues. :D
Knew I‘m absolutely rubbish with anything technical :(