Andrew Eldritch Presents His Top Tunes (BRT2 1984)

Post your reviews of Sisters-related material or interviews with Sisters-related musicians here. And don't believe the hype: 1985 most definitely is a fashion statement.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Haha, great find by the lovely people at poison-door-net ... ;D :lol: ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxc7UDp8m1s

* the vid has quite a long intro, don't be irritated ... what follows are the below tracks commented by Andrew Eldritch ... in 1984 on BRT2...

Just lovely ... ;D ;D ;D ...

Playlist
Je t'aime - Serge Gainsbourg
Billion Dollar Babies - Alice Cooper
I didn't know I loved you - Gary Glitter
Some Velvet Morning - Lydia Lunch/ R.S Howard
I keep a close watch - John Cale
Stop draggin my heart around - Stevie Nicks
Venus in furs - Velvet Underground
Sebastian - Cockney Rebel
White Rabbit - Jefferson Aeroplane
Pipeline - Johnny Thunders
Pink Floyd - See Emily Play
Rambling Rose - Mc5
Cello Concerto - Elgar
Alabama - Neil Young
Blacks – Psychedelic Furs
At the hop - Danny and the Juniors
Anyone who had a heart - Cilla Black
Jet Set - Alan Vega
Mother of earth - the Gun Club
Jerusalem - Mark Stewart & The Mafia
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Since he's already covered SDMHA, can we hope that he might do Some Velvet Morning, White Rabbit, or a speeded-up version of Venus in Furs at the upcoming live shows?
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Swinnow
Overbomber

Come on, it wasn't really a cover of Stop Draggin' My Heart Around, it was more a burning at the stake.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
iesus
Overbomber

It will be interesting to hear a Sisters cover at Sebastian by Cockney Rebel
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Swinnow wrote:Come on, it wasn't really a cover of Stop Draggin' My Heart Around, it was more a burning at the stake.
I don't know about that - certainly the massed Black Clad Faithful took agin it, but I thought their behaviour was pretty rude. You pay for the show, you take what you're given. If you don't like it then fine, but don't yell "Boo!" and "Fuck off!" during the number and spoil it for everyone else. Clearly some people in the audience didn't appreciate the irony...
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

I first shared this on this very forum. Can't you tell, I named it lol

Still got me artwork somewhere :lol: :lol:

What goes around...
Goths have feelings too
Dan
Overbomber

9th June 1984, "In Eldritch Platenkast", BRT2.
Being645
Above the Chemist

paint it black wrote:I first shared this on this very forum. Can't you tell, I named it lol

Still got me artwork somewhere :lol: :lol:
... :lol: :lol: ... send it round and I make a page of it in the SistersWiki ... ;D ...

Dan wrote:9th June 1984, "In Eldritch Platenkast", BRT2.
Hihi, the Flemish language is always somewhat entertaining for me as a German ... thank you for the info ... :notworthy: :) ...

BRT2 is a Belgian broadcaster, isn't it?
paint it black

Yes, my tapes came from Belgium. The guy had 100s of bootlegs but I took all the Sisters stuff. Some he taped himself, including this.. Which is one of my favourite Sisters things.
Goths have feelings too
paint it black

proper bootlegger quality :eek:
Goths have feelings too
Being645
Above the Chemist

paint it black wrote:Image

proper bootlegger quality :eek:
omg, is that the same terrible logo as on the 2009 Australian and UK Damage Done re-issue ? ... :urff: :lol: ...

ruffers
Overbomber

This is great, thanks.

I'd like to have heard a Sebastian too, not sure the voice is up to it now.
Last edited by ruffers on 10 Mar 2017, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
paint it black

probably a scan of one of my DD singles. I think I got the tape 2003
Goths have feelings too
Being645
Above the Chemist

paint it black wrote:probably a scan of one of my DD singles. I think I got the tape 2003
Yeah, maybe from the Japanese fake ... they were the first to use it ... :urff: :lol: ...

Btw, I've - eventually - almost finished with these
http://sisterswiki.org/The_First_Three_ ... _re-issue)
but I'm too drunk now to think up any further text ...
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

thats what the logo looks like on the original DD isn't it? i notice the wiki doesnt show the backs of sleeves... :eek:

and your link in previous post takes me to a blank page Sabine.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Being645
Above the Chemist

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:thats what the logo looks like on the original DD isn't it? i notice the wiki doesnt show the backs of sleeves... :eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek: ... oh hell. You are right!!! That's indeed the original logo from the Damage Done single!!!
It' fully due to my personal blindness that I've never noticed that the logo had changed at all in the early days. A good decision ... :lol: ...
And interesting. How came they changed the logo and who did which version ... maybe a new topic for all our teenage Sisters of Mercy fans ... :wink: ...

Of course, the SistersWiki does always show pictures of covers from all sides (spines included) where available, and also on the original Damage Done page

Oh, the link... because of the brackets it works only with c&p or this way, but the page is still work in progress, so the pictures of the back covers are yet to come.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Being645 wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:thats what the logo looks like on the original DD isn't it? i notice the wiki doesnt show the backs of sleeves... :eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek: ... oh hell. You are right!!! That's indeed the original logo from the Damage Done single!!!
It' fully due to my personal blindness that I've never noticed that the logo had changed at all in the early days. A good decision ... :lol: ...
And interesting. How came they changed the logo and who did which version ... maybe a new topic for all our teenage Sisters of Mercy fans ... :wink: ...
a good decision for sure as the original hasnt got the cleanness that the second has. when they decided to beome a proper band and release more records they must have decided to tidy it up a bit into the icon we know and love.
Being645 wrote:Of course, the SistersWiki does always show pictures of covers from all sides (spines included) where available, and also on the original Damage Done page
my bad. when i went to look previously i had clicked on the thumbnail rather than the link beneath it, which only took me to a bigger picture of the front sleeve.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
luxxlillian
Road Kill

Being645 wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 18:14 Haha, great find by the lovely people at poison-door-net ... ;D :lol: ...

Not to resurrect a dead thread but does anyone have a working link to this? ;---;
notableradish
Road Kill

iesus wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 21:44 It will be interesting to hear a Sisters cover at Sebastian by Cockney Rebel
I'm so sorry to bother you regarding an ancient message. I'd seen your ""Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." quote under your signature after I'd searched it. I remember it from the intro of a song from a rare live Sisters CD from about 20 years ago that I used to have. I was wondering if you have more context for it?

Thanks so much!
Pista
Cureboi

notableradish wrote: 15 Apr 2022, 18:14
iesus wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 21:44 It will be interesting to hear a Sisters cover at Sebastian by Cockney Rebel
I'm so sorry to bother you regarding an ancient message. I'd seen your ""Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." quote under your signature after I'd searched it. I remember it from the intro of a song from a rare live Sisters CD from about 20 years ago that I used to have. I was wondering if you have more context for it?

Thanks so much!
Hello @notableradish & welcome to heartland :hl:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

notableradish wrote: 15 Apr 2022, 18:14

Thanks so much!
Sure @notableradish i can provide what you ask for.
First of all welcome to :hl: :)
And the footage, thanks to Pascal's video that uploaded in YT is in

around 26:15 min into the footage it's the :von: 's specific words. :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."