Sisters 2019

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2019
ruffers
Overbomber

I think that is the tour tee. You'd need a big shirt to get all the dates on...
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

yeah pretty sure the yellow Fid/ National Treasures arre ther tour shirts. very 'exiles in euphoria' styling aboiut them.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Swinnow
Overbomber

Just realised I miss the stupid rawk of Snub Nose/Top Nite Out
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
eastmidswhizzkid

Swinnow wrote:Just realised I miss the stupid rawk of Snub Nose/Top Nite Out
saying that has reminded me that ive yet to append the 4 new toons onto the "very best versions of the unreleased songs" or 'Still' as I call it. burn to cd>>4K sound system: bobs your aunties cat. 8)

euphoria
Slight Overbomber

There's less of stupid rawk with this lineup for sure, yes maybe some of the rockier tracks were better with Chris, but something's happening center-stage this tour that I haven't seen in ages, best seen in the slower tracks:

https://youtu.be/jsXQ675APDc
This takes me back to 1998 when there was energy and revenge in the air, no, really, this version is even better! Goosebumps :eek:

Or this. Feels more like a rebirth of the band than a Saturday job, :von: is so *there* and Ben just beams dedication and energy
https://youtu.be/fE-36ZbxWkI

I really wonder what 2020 will bring, they just cannot let this momentum slip away!
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

euphoria wrote: https://youtu.be/jsXQ675APDc
This takes me back to 1998 when there was energy and revenge in the air, no, really, this version is even better! Goosebumps :eek:
My favourite part about this clip it's seeing Ben playing the main riff of 'Show me' during 6 bars instead of a riff he has been playing for the past 10 years now, but it's less common on this tour(Suzanne);

at 0:17 he's like 'something doesn't seem right about that' :lol:

For all the heartlanders out there that aren't familiar with music theory, Show me and Suzanne are very very similar, literally the same 'shape', same scale/tone, so it's a very excusable mistake :lol:

That said, It's by far one of the best line ups for the slow songs indeed, but I'll have to agree with Swinnow on that matter, I wouldn't mind a wee bit more of the stupid rawk we were used to
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Being645
Above the Chemist

I don't miss it. I've seen the best version of this masterpeice written by Adam performed by Chris and Ben in Dublin, or Belfast in 2014... don't know since I don't have the recordings.

It was as clear as it ever could get ... it was pleasure. it was joking and it was fun. But for me, there's even more
pleasure in the fact that we don't need it now... ;D ... there are times to rock and times to rock in a different way ... :lol: ;D ...
po
Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:But for me, there's even more
pleasure in the fact that we don't need it now... ;D ... there are times to rock and times to rock in a different way ... :lol: ;D ...
Yup, that's it. No covers at all in the setlists so far this tour? And I'm not missing them :) Except for The Sisterhood, anyway.

I hope they keep it up!
09: Oslo / 11: Helsinki, Oslo / 12: Köln / 14: Amsterdam / 15: London / 17: London x2 / 19: London x2, Oslo / 22: Stockholm, Oslo / 23: Berlin, Leipzig
Swinnow
Overbomber

"catholic" fanbase as always....

The glorious stupidity of rock music is sometimes lost in the irony.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
majorsixth
Road Kill

Husek wrote:
My favourite part about this clip it's seeing Ben playing the main riff of 'Show me' during 6 bars instead of a riff he has been playing for the past 10 years now, but it's less common on this tour(Suzanne);

For all the heartlanders out there that aren't familiar with music theory, Show me and Suzanne are very very similar, literally the same 'shape', same scale/tone, so it's a very excusable mistake :lol:

That said, It's by far one of the best line ups for the slow songs indeed, but I'll have to agree with Swinnow on that matter, I wouldn't mind a wee bit more of the stupid rawk we were used to
I did wonder what Ben was up to there but of course, that's it. :lol:

For what it's worth I'd like to hear them give the setlist an even more sensitive touch, without being wedded to the stonkathon vibe, if that's where their impulses lead. What if they brought out SKOS with the original arrangement? Bury Me Deep? (Or new ones in that style...) Curious to hear what Ben and Dylan would make of those kinds of songs, cause Susanne right now is beautiful.

Pipedreams aside, am glad to be there to witness it whichever way they take the band.
euphoria wrote:Or this. Feels more like a rebirth of the band than a Saturday job, :von: is so *there* and Ben just beams dedication and energy
And what about Flood II from the same show, Von goofing around before putting in that great performance, and Ben really turning up the rock god. Powerful.
eastmidswhizzkid

of course if we're getting occasional bass parts why for the love of Dog don't they play Lucretia properly? there's no reason why any 2nd/extra guitar parts cant be Doktored. :?

euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Husek wrote: My favourite part about this clip it's seeing Ben playing the main riff of 'Show me' during 6 bars instead of a riff he has been playing for the past 10 years now, but it's less common on this tour(Suzanne);

Thanks for explaining, :notworthy: even I as a non-musician heard he played false in the beginning, but I didn't pick up that he played the "Show me" riff :)

However, my main point was what the lineup change seems to do with Von himself, how he is now into it in a totally different way.
Yes, the Chris era was more "well-oiled", how couldn't it be since they never played anything new after 2009 and yet played every year?

I rate the Pearson-Varjak lineup as my all-time favourite. Certainly not because of how perfect it worked "Oh dear oh dear, Mike, get your arse back on stage!" but because of how alive it was, you never knew what would come next, and also the sound in general combined with a hunger for comeback culminating in the Event Horizon Tour meant to celebrate the coming singles and album.

And for the first time in two decades I feel all this again - yes, I would have preferred if they had succeeded back then because I loved Adam, liked Mike and Andrew sang far stronger than nowadays - but the feeling is there again, and I had by now (until this year) long given up hope for even ONE new song. I wasn't planning to see any concert this tour, not because I found the "nostalgia" Sisters post-2009 bad, but because it wasn't what I had hoped for.
Review for the last gig I went to, Berlin 2017, maybe that makes it clear how I'm thinking,
viewtopic.php?p=659226#659226

As far as I'm concerned they can continue skipping even more "rawk" songs, thinking in particular of "Dr Jeep/Detonation Boulevard". I can see the relevance of DJ in today's world, but it has been in the setlist far too long by now.
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Been watching loads of the 2019 vids on y'tube t'neet, like.
Eternal gratitude to everyone who made them available, it's selfless and I thank you.
Still find it hard to watch that bastard fire alarm though;)
🎵 Good times come to me now 🎶
Being645
Above the Chemist

Just a short info on the change of support acts in Australia (Perth, Melbourne and Sydney) recently listed on The Sisters Live News Page.
Ocean Moves

ROBBIE
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

The Sisters of Mercy 2019

It’s Monday afternoon and finally got time to reflect on the tour. It’s been a chaotic (not to be confused with Chaotican 😜) few days with four gigs in five days involving travelling between three states and a different country. I know wonder how the band and road crew do it, even with a stripped down crew and equipment but my hat goes off to them all for enduring the lack of sleep etc. and still put on a great show.

I have seen eight shows on this tour. Four with differing sets and four with the same set. Yet, each one has been unique in its own way. The large crowds of London where we got worst and best of the band, well in terms of sound at least. Brussels, which I will never forget, especially getting two different opening tracks on the each night. Dominion may not be everyones idea of an opening track but it is mine. Alice with its powerful opening riff works well and maybe they will not leave it so long before playing it first again. Melbourne, with its decorative ornate interior had great sound, probably the best of the gigs I saw. Sydney seemed a little rushed for me, with that and a raucous crowd where elbows were flying at some points. Brisbane was smaller venue with a sold out fun crowd that really appreciated the band, and were duly rewarded by AE with a quote “you were much better than Sydney� sending them and me home happy. Finally, but not least, Auckland. Only arriving in the city at 5pm after a three hour flight and a three hour time difference. (The band were on a slightly early flight and would only arrived perhaps an hour before us.) It was a small venue again and a crowd who came to enjoy themselves in anyway possible. Busy gig with plenty of pushing and arm flailing but the band put on a good show despite minor monitor and light issues. AE, as it has already been said, brushed it all off and played with the crowd and even the photographers who he generously allowed to take shots for songs 3 - 5 (it was the same each night.)

In conclusion I blame Sarah (Chaotican) for putting the idea into my head but I also thank her because without it I would not have been so lucky to have seen these unique gigs.

I truly believe that The Sisters of Mercy are very much alive and well in 2019 and while we have no idea of its future plans, long may it continue.
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
splintered thing

Well said ROBBIE.
I have spent the morning looking back on a similar set of experiences :) I would love to have made it to NZ - we did the over the Tasman trip last time they toured here and found the time difference/rushed nature of it all a bit too much (plus this time we have been on the road since the start of August).

As much as I love the look of The Forum in Melbourne and the Roundhouse in London, I think the sound was better in Brizzy and the Perth show was my stand out for this tour. Fab crowds with great atmosphere.

The thing I will remember more than anything though was the band were in tremendous form - very happy to be doing their thing, very generous and relaxed. So sad it is all over for me for another year.....but I had a BRILLIANT time!
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Photo of Andrew with Top Link Music tour promoter, from their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/toplinkmusicof ... =3&theater

Posted here for those without facebook :D

ROBBIE
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

https://www.flickr.com/photos/185530661 ... 1794930206

A few photos from Melbourne and Brisbane :von:
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
Being645
Above the Chemist

ROBBIE wrote:https://www.flickr.com/photos/185530661 ... 1794930206

A few photos from Melbourne and Brisbane :von:
Lots of them and very good ones ... :von: smiling is always the best view one can get ... ;D ... Thank you for the link ... :notworthy: ...

And also thanks to you, Charlie for the large FB picture ... decades of great concerts with lots of great bands
Top Link Music are celebrating their 30th year in the business this year and bringing many happy days to countless lots of South American music fans ... ;D :notworthy: ...
iesus
Overbomber

The Sisters of Mercy - Hightlights 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHc2m80Vlx0

Thank you for creating this :D :D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

iesus wrote:The Sisters of Mercy - Hightlights 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHc2m80Vlx0

Thank you for creating this :D :D
:eek: :D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Thanks iesus for the link and massive thanks Pascal, magnificent Sir :notworthy:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Eventually I've managed to complete the SistersWiki pages for the 2019 tours ... *sigh ... :lol: ...

https://sisterswiki.org/European_Summer_Festivals_2019

https://sisterswiki.org/National_Treasu ... Statistics

I hope you enjoy and let me know when anything important is wrong or missing ... :wink: :) ...
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Being645 wrote:Eventually I've managed to complete the SistersWiki pages for the 2019 tours ... *sigh ... :lol: ...

https://sisterswiki.org/European_Summer_Festivals_2019

https://sisterswiki.org/National_Treasu ... Statistics

I hope you enjoy and let me know when anything important is wrong or missing ... :wink: :) ...
Great work Thank you!
Goths have feelings too
Pista
Cureboi

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity