Sisters 2019

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2019
Pista
Cureboi

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Pista wrote:
dtsom wrote:16th October Luxemburg
Got a venue?
https://www.atelier.lu/Upcoming-Shows/T ... s-of-Mercy

IZ.
Ta muchly :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
ruffers
Overbomber

There's quite a gap between London 20-21 Sep and Paris 19/10. Either it's a leisurely tour or we can expect a good few dates.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

ruffers wrote:There's quite a gap between London 20-21 Sep and Paris 19/10. Either it's a leisurely tour or we can expect a good few dates.
I first thought of South/North America, but given that Paris comes after Luxembourg, those two are probably the end of a major European tour, and London the start of it. I still wouldn't rule out transatlantic dates, but I'm anyway certain it's not just a break.
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Definitely hope to see them in Europe on this (fingers crossed) tour. Saw them in Vienna a couple of years ago and it was the best I've seen them since the Leeds Uni gigs in 91.
(I've been asleep)
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

This dispersal of shows is making it quite tricky to plan a Euro jaunt from Melbs....
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

splintered thing wrote:This dispersal of shows is making it quite tricky to plan a Euro jaunt from Melbs....
I'm hoping the gaps will be filled soon and we can plan a bit better
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

sziamiau wrote:
splintered thing wrote:This dispersal of shows is making it quite tricky to plan a Euro jaunt from Melbs....
I'm hoping the gaps will be filled soon and we can plan a bit better
The gaps will be fillied, that's more than obvious.
Question is: why there's no Brussel gig at this point? (betwix Paris and Lux).
Brad

Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

s**t, no Irish gigs. Oh well.

Europe it is then. I quite fancy Berlin in October.
Do I drive or am I driven?
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

Brad wrote:Gaps filled...

http://www.thesistersofmercy.com/news/livenews.shtml

Down under!
Omg I totally freaked out. Want to do Utrecht and should be in Vietnam then.

Will do both Brussels somehow and not sure about the rest. I can’t survive on only two gigs that’s for sure

Where is Hungary and the rest I wonder?
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Oh, s**t! they gonna play 15-20 minutes by walk from my home, and since i've said that i'm gonna see The Karaoke Circus for Masochists AKA The Sisters of Mercy only if they come to Wroclaw (again after 28 years), i'll go - so i'm going to go.
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Really hope everyone has a great time and get's to catch up with old friends :D

I would love to go but i can't - no money, no one to go with, and even if that was not an issue, my massive anxiety problems stand in the way, who knows if i'll ever get to a gig :(

Anyway i'll be glued to the forum for lots of reviews, pics and videos from everyone!
Pista
Cureboi

Charlie wrote:Really hope everyone has a great time and get's to catch up with old friends :D

I would love to go but i can't - no money, no one to go with, and even if that was not an issue, my massive anxiety problems stand in the way, who knows if i'll ever get to a gig :(

Anyway i'll be glued to the forum for lots of reviews, pics and videos from everyone!
There's plenty of HLers heading to the London shows & I'm sure you can count them as friends & there is certain to be a meet up before hand. So, if you change your mind you can bet they'd be happy to chink a glass with you & your anxiety will soon disappear. :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:
Charlie wrote:Really hope everyone has a great time and get's to catch up with old friends :D

There's plenty of HLers heading to the London shows & I'm sure you can count them as friends & there is certain to be a meet up before hand. So, if you change your mind you can bet they'd be happy to chink a glass with you & your anxiety will soon disappear. :)
Thank you, i know there's some lovely people on here who would maybe let me tag along if it came to it, but, i don't know, i barely leave the house these days, it's so bad!
I know - i'm a total weirdo, i've never been to a gig EVER!! :eek: :lol:
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Charlie wrote:
Pista wrote:

Thank you, i know there's some lovely people on here who would maybe let me tag along if it came to it, but, i don't know, i barely leave the house these days, it's so bad!
Charlie, if you can manage it, the Witches (Smileysister, Microcosmia & yours truly) would love to have you join us. Think about it and PM one of us if you think you can be persuaded.
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:
Charlie wrote:
Pista wrote: There's plenty of HLers heading to the London shows & I'm sure you can count them as friends & there is certain to be a meet up before hand. So, if you change your mind you can bet they'd be happy to chink a glass with you & your anxiety will soon disappear. :)
Charlie, if you can manage it, the Witches (Smileysister, Microcosmia & yours truly) would love to have you join us. Think about it and PM one of us if you think you can be persuaded.
Awwww that is very kind of you! :kiss:
There's probably more chance of a new Sisters album coming out first, but you never know! :lol: I will certainly think about it!
SmileySister

Charlie, you're more than welcome to join us if you feel up to it. I've met some fantastic people through HL xx
Being645
Above the Chemist

Down under!
Oh hell, and fortunately they're coming to Cologne as well. I think, I hadn't had another chance to see them this year. Now all hopes are that I won't have one of my rare orders to fulfil on that day ...

Anyway, congrats dear Sisters for managing to confirm such a lot of gigs ... and the update ...

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
mh
Above the Chemist

SmileySister wrote:Charlie, you're more than welcome to join us if you feel up to it. I've met some fantastic people through HL xx
I'll second this. You couldn't ask for a friendlier, more welcoming bunch of folks.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Charlie, the three of them are indeed the best Witches you might stumble into in a north-west bar, so I guess their magic might work in the smoke too. Go for it girl
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
splintered thing

Down under!
Indeed!!! So now the travel plans have to go in the opposite direction so we can be home again in time for Oz gigs :lol:
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
splintered thing

mh wrote:
SmileySister wrote:Charlie, you're more than welcome to join us if you feel up to it. I've met some fantastic people through HL xx
I'll second this. You couldn't ask for a friendlier, more welcoming bunch of folks.
For what it's worth - I third this with bells on!!

It is has been this exact sort of kindness and kindred-spriritness (if that is a thing) that has got me to so many gigs - it is so worth it. The only way I am able to overcome crushing anxiety and shyness is to just force myself to go and say hi - and I have met THE MOST GORGEOUS people as a result. Thank you so much... I believe we call it the Heartland effect :) <3 :bat:
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

splintered thing wrote:
mh wrote:
For what it's worth - I third this with bells on!!

It is has been this exact sort of kindness and kindred-spriritness (if that is a thing) that has got me to so many gigs - it is so worth it. The only way I am able to overcome crushing anxiety and shyness is to just force myself to go and say hi - and I have met THE MOST GORGEOUS people as a result. Thank you so much... I believe we call it the Heartland effect :) <3 :bat:
One of the smartest things I've done in recent years was to walk in to a pub in Glasgow to meet a bunch of very lovely Heartlanders. I very nearly chickened out, being an introvert (wow a goth who is an introvert!) but am so very glad I didn't.
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Thank you all for your kind words, so lovely to know there are people out there willing to help out if i need it.
You're all awesome!
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Swinnow
Overbomber

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote: One of the smartest things I've done in recent years was to walk in to a pub in Glasgow to meet a bunch of very lovely Heartlanders. I very nearly chickened out, being an introvert (wow a goth who is an introvert!) but am so very glad I didn't.
Bloody hell.... Some of you have had the misfortune to be at the same pub/gig /house as me and so know I'm built like a brick outhouse and I think twice before going into Glaswegian pubs :lol:
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....